Xenon Invasion missions, what do you normally bank?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tanaka_k
x3

Xenon Invasion missions, what do you normally bank?

Post by tanaka_k » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 04:11

I just did my first XI mission. Got 12 kills and $685k credits as a reward. Am I doing this wrong? I thought these missions banked in the millions.

spaceweedaddict
x3

Post by spaceweedaddict » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 04:16

12mil :D

Edit*

I zip in with my Dragon fire off a Firestorm Torp. With some Wasps to distract the turrets it’s deadly. Just make sure to be outside the blast radius of the torpedo. Failing that dump 20 hornets and move on.
Last edited by spaceweedaddict on Mon, 16. Jan 06, 04:41, edited 1 time in total.
"Somewhere between an American Pageant and Starship Troopers! "I want to save the environment, and drown in the blood of our enemies Sir!"
Welcome to the New British Empire!"
--Paranoid66

Thera
x3

Post by Thera » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 04:23

I have only done 1 and jeebus i was holding on by the skin of my teeth through most of it. in the end I got 1.2 million less costs(a dozen fighter drones and a stack of missles).

Had to repair my Nova too came out with 76% hull but after I replaced it all(most my missles were salvaged anyway) I still came out with a tidy profit.

Rakeris
x4

Post by Rakeris » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 04:56

I've only even found 2, but the second I got around 8 mill I think it was.

random50
x3

Post by random50 » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 06:12

If it was your first, tanaka, odds are there was only one cap ship (a single Xenon K) Take that out and you get around 6M. Miss it and you'll just get a few hundred grand for the Ls, roughly 60K each IIRC.

People that are making tens of millions must have a high enough rank to be getting multiple Ks and even larger ships and then taking most of them down personally. Dunno quite how high a rank you need but I'm on warlord now and still haven't seen more than one K!

spaceweedaddict
x3

Post by spaceweedaddict » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 06:21

at some point you get a xenon J that jumps in lanches a slue of fighters and jumps out. this happens over and over so if you have a cap ship or lots of time and kill looooots if Ls you can make unlimited amounts of cash. The mission only ends when the J is killed.
"Somewhere between an American Pageant and Starship Troopers! "I want to save the environment, and drown in the blood of our enemies Sir!"
--Paranoid66

tanaka_k
x3

Post by tanaka_k » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 07:28

I accepted the mission with an M6, tricked out ofcourse with full shields/weapons. My combat rank is "Fighter Chief 73%". Doesnt sound that good :) If I can get around $750k from these missions its still worth it because its fun. Hopefully Ill get some more next time, gotta work on that fighter rank.

spaceweedaddict
x3

Post by spaceweedaddict » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 07:37

the amount of xenon are dependant on yout combat rank @mine is vindicator 69%
--Paranoid66

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 08:11

spaceweedaddict wrote:at some point you get a xenon J that jumps in lanches a slue of fighters and jumps out. this happens over and over so if you have a cap ship or lots of time and kill looooots if Ls you can make unlimited amounts of cash. The mission only ends when the J is killed.
I thought that the XI was pretty much similar to the X2 version (except bugs). In X2 XI, AFAIK (no personal experience) the J jumps in for a limited number of times and then finally stays in the sector. Thus, not unlimited gauntlet, but still a lot to do. :wink:

Pikachu
xr

Post by Pikachu » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 10:26

jlehtone wrote: the J jumps in for a limited number of times and then finally stays in the sector.
This is correct. Got 20,800,000cr by killing 105 Xenon (including one J and K) in Getsu Fune. The J jumped in about seven times.
Combat Rank: Combat Ace 3rd grade 65% .... should be Crusader referring to (even the updated) manual

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 11:40

Anyone ever thought about putting lasertowers ( I mean many ) next to, or around the trading stations in the neighbouring sectors from the xenon ones?

It's a :twisted: idea...

Maybe I'll try it out. :)

bladesofdeath
x3

Post by bladesofdeath » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 11:48

try hitting the Xenon J's and K's when they are being finished off, as whoever fires the finishing shot at them gets the money. Which is about 5 million on X3 for me

mattjenko
x3

Post by mattjenko » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 11:54

am at crusader and with the Js jumping in and out (had one XI with 2 of them - took me a while to realise that as well) with a K already in sector. 130 Ls and the 2 Js clocked me 24 mill.

Note - All the friendly forces get wiped out after a while apart from an unkillable destroyer, which loses sheilds and just stays at 95% hull. Everything else gets wasted eventually. Gives you a chance to kill everything unless the destroyer lucks into range when the J jumps in, in which case your J kill usually vanishes fast...

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 21:31

You can stretch a XIM quite a bit. If I play it fast (killing the J's quickly) then I get this. If I stretch it to the limit then it's about 20M more. In any case there are additional 20+M for the crates I collect after the XIM.

Cheers Euclid

Edit: Forgot to mention - currently Hero 42%. E.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 21:52

I got 22 million my last XI, that was about 150 kills (had over 200 before), including 1 K and 1 J. A second (well actually the first) J was killed by an indestructable Condor that was spawned as one of the helper ships so potentially the mission was worth a lot more.

When you reach the combat rank where Js start jumping in & depositing fighters don't worry too much about taking the J down during its small jump window. After a few jumps (10ish maybe not sure) the J stops jumping & can be destroyed easily & by then you've maxed your kills by destroying lots more fighters.

My combat rank is Battle Master 10%.

Scoob.

Titan21240
x3

Post by Titan21240 » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 23:18

2 times i got 32 million :D . First kill a Xenon K, then, after killing very much ships, u can destroy the Xenon J 2 !! times :o , which is always jumping in and out. U get 6 million for one Xenon J. I think for the Xenon K too, but im not sure.
My rank is Battlemaster 10 %
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+/ (@ 2,4Ghz, max 2,7 Ghz :D )
XFX Geforce 6800GT (@ 410GPU, 1050 RAM)
Asus A8N-SLI
80 GB HDD ( reicht völlig)
1GB DDR PC3200 @ 166Mhz (geht net anders sonst läuft der CPU nicht @ 2,4Ghz)

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 23:40

What ship are you high scorers using in these big money XI missions?

As I progress (currently vindicator) these missions are getting increasingly hairy with the ammount of random flak flying around making it very hazardous for my Mamba with its 1*25MJ shield.

Cheers

tanaka_k
x3

Post by tanaka_k » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 00:29

If you go into one of these missions with an M6 Id say go for the paranid Nemesis. 115 speed, 3x125MJ shields, a good mix of speed/defense. I had success with 8xAHEPT, didnt even take a scratch. Im going to have to switch my guns for the cap ships later on, but right now its going good and I feel safe.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 00:51

Gregster6 wrote: What ship are you high scorers using in these big money XI missions?......
It depends how you play but IME speed is not that important here.

When you've found an XIM then there is no rush. It will be available in every station in that sector IME for good. So you have all the time in the world to choose your ship, order it to jump in and dock, swap ship and then dock at the station nearest to the Xenon gate. So you are close to the jump-in point of the Xenon fleet when you undock.

IME it is essential to have one turret on missile defense. Optimum MD because they do not drain laser energy.

I did a lot of XIMs in a nova raider (my favourite :grin:) and also in a centaur. Be careful with this auto turret weapon change (a bug), can be annoying.

After 1.3 they've pimped-up the osprey. It's slow but can take a punch and (now) has a decent turret layout - however, no MD. If you equip psg mind the friendly fire!!

My recommendation is the nova raider. Use strafe to get very close under the K/J near the middle section. There is a little gap where no faa or missile can hit you. Then unload the MD's.

If you like the hit-and-run method then try a dragon. Keep distance from the K's and J's and fire your appc although not in fire range. The photon balls take a while but travel farther than the target indicator suggests.

Good luck, pilot!

Cheers Euclid

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 08:40

Nice one Euclid - will give the Nova Raider a go!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”