About X3's Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Coridan

Post by Coridan » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 16:55

Ah ha! I see now, thanks.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 19. Oct 06, 18:51

I just thought I'd note something for you Nuke. I just worked a little on Terradine map... and multiple suns do not kill dynamic lighting. I just did some work on a sector, and I've got a functional white sun, and a functional purple sun, lighting a ship from two different angles. Please note and update accordingly.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 05:41

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:I just thought I'd note something for you Nuke. I just worked a little on Terradine map... and multiple suns do not kill dynamic lighting. I just did some work on a sector, and I've got a functional white sun, and a functional purple sun, lighting a ship from two different angles. Please note and update accordingly.
Tigerclaw, you are being a bit presumptuous in this regard. Countless modders have found that X3 is not capable of being stable with more than one sun in a sector. I suggest you temper your claims (this and many others) to those indicated by consistent results - or at least offer an explanation of how you have managed to do things differently.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 06:41

Easily.

The game supports two suns easily. However, in most cases, only one casts a glow that lights a sector, And in one sector, they both actually worked to cast a glow. Not exactly sure how it worked like that. But the only thing I could note was that one was set to cast a high purple spectrum, while the other was more generic light.

But they are simply just light sources and lense flares in a 3D image rendering engine. If a planet can act as a second light source, then a sun can too, it's just a matter of figuring out why sun-objects conflict with each other half the time.

I'm dealing with a lot of suns while mapping, so I'll look into it more....

PS: Anyone know how to get the X2 lense flares back? I liked a LOT of the suns it had. Really brought out character in some sectors.

SageQuertas
x3

Post by SageQuertas » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 01:57

Im not entierly sure where to post mnod requests... but here goes one...
i totally think it would work to.

One thing i loved to death in freelancer was the fact the loading times were minimal to non exsistent while traveling from sector to sector in that game. And brilliant way to do it to and then can have pirate bases in between.

It doesnt feel like space to me if i cant at least attempt to cross the galaxay sector by sector without having to use load times like x3...

would be great on the play of thje game to make this like freelancer in crossing sectors...

thanxs for your time..

SageQ
There is no I in Team..
- Well there is no U Either
Well if im not on the team
And your not on the team
The no on is on the goddamn friggin team!!!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 02:30

sometimes load times are unavoidable.

there is considerably more trafic in X3 sectors than there were in Freelancer, hence there was alot less to load.

Also, Freelancer had the jumpgraphics like X2 had, thats also part of the loading time ;)

flip999
x3

Post by flip999 » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 23:57

nuclear_eclipse wrote:Extract and copy the Jobs.txt and JobWings.txt files, then rename them Jobs.<galaxy>.txt and JobWings.<galaxy>.txt - replace <galaxy> with your actual galaxy name (case sensitive), and you're set.
aah this seems to be the solution for my universe without any ships problem, many thanks!
but i'm not shure what to do after extracting and renaming these two files.

1) add both renamed files back to the cat where the two originals are (in v2.0.02 probably in a higher cat than 05?), and thats all?

2) add them AND delete both originals?

another question: does someone now if playing the new 2.0 bala gi missions and obtaining the fully functional player headquarter is possible in a custom universe like this:
- V2.0 map with all patches included in ingameeditor. (1.3, 1.31, 200)
- all sectors untouched, only some new sectors added with x3editor.

or is it even possible in every custom universe or the worst case....in no custom universe?

Terran Jupiter
xr

Post by Terran Jupiter » Sun, 8. Jan 17, 00:36

Hi where in my addon folder do i need to extract my job and jobwings files to ? Iv renamed them Jobs.X4.txt after my galaxy so where do they go iv tryed and i get no AI ships mving about.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”