FYI, X² - Online Universe...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Apothos
x3tc

FYI, X² - Online Universe...

Post by Apothos » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 17:39

...has a short column about it in PCGamer, and is scheduled for 2004 if anyone missed it.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 17:41

You're getting slow Ap. Its already posted about 10 below this one :p

Thread titled : Online Universe - PC Gamer UK

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Sc00by
x4

Re: FYI, X² - Online Universe...

Post by Sc00by » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 17:44

Apothos wrote:...has a short column about it in PCGamer, and is scheduled for 2004 if anyone missed it.
Is this a realistic date :?

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 17:44

No, not slow, just busy. :)

x2

Post by Avatar » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 18:47

what I wrote in the other OU/PC Gamer article thread:
OU release date? huh? what? thats interesting... I think this calls for clarification (especially in the light of current events *cough* )

We have never stated a date for OU.

Thats because there is no date.

It`s way too early to even predict the right year of release.

I thought you might want to know before getting hopes up a few years too early
better safe... or twice than sorry ;)

cheers,
Chris

InverseGemini

Post by InverseGemini » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 22:26

Avatar wrote:what I wrote in the other OU/PC Gamer article thread:
OU release date? huh? what? thats interesting... I think this calls for clarification (especially in the light of current events *cough* )

We have never stated a date for OU.

Thats because there is no date.

It`s way too early to even predict the right year of release.

I thought you might want to know before getting hopes up a few years too early
better safe... or twice than sorry ;)

cheers,
Chris
lol, I just want regular X2 first anyway. :)

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 22:57

Lets hope that when X2 online universe gets released worldwide.

Its everywhere at the same time

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 23:10

The mystery gets deeper :roll: If X2 breaks all box office records then it makes sense for EGO to press the XO dev button faster than you can say profitsss ... Bearing in mind the gaming world is busy playing this new game that appeared through the corporate mist somewhere between 2003 and 2004 :wink: could this new found fanbase wait for a few years more to play the OL version ?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 23:40

XOU will take years and has not really started yet other than the plans and the new engine (x2) :)

I feel it will never happen (but only because i want it so much)

And if i had to guess with the facts i have (none) I'd go for 2-5 years from the announcement that development has actually started.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 23:47

It would be years with a dev team of six or less, but if X2 was making every body rich, Koch and Enlight would surely get the finger out and expand the dev team to make XO sooner rather than years later ?

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 23:58

robroy wrote:It would be years with a dev team of six or less, but if X2 was making every body rich, Koch and Enlight would surely get the finger out and expand the dev team to make XO sooner rather than years later ?
The core Egosoft devs yes, but don't forget there's dozens of volunteer devs working on the game as well. X² wouldn't have been possible without them. ;)
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 00:07

Stormsong wrote:
robroy wrote:It would be years with a dev team of six or less, but if X2 was making every body rich, Koch and Enlight would surely get the finger out and expand the dev team to make XO sooner rather than years later ?
The core Egosoft devs yes, but don't forget there's dozens of volunteer devs working on the game as well. X² wouldn't have been possible without them. ;)
Hey no disrepect intended to the extended dev team that surrounds the core, but when the money starts to roll in :) hopefully this volunteer support dev team can get some payroll action and echo Bernds thoughts 'I had a dream' as have many others to play this game OL. (where is the emoticon with XOL) :idea:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 00:12

Devving this game is not about buying people in

X2 is pretty much unique, you need to live breath and dream x2 to affect it, the one thing i'd like to point out to peeps is that if you have been around along time and didn't get invloved in shaping it.

Your a fool

Remember this for XOU :wink:

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 00:29

I thought the fans, or players of the games had helped to shape or contribute ? so if we were not part of the dev team (inside outside) Ideas, suggestions, posted on the forum are to be credited to fools ? Roll on XO i don't believe it will be a fool's paradise.

Kingtoke
x2

Post by Kingtoke » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 01:01

what sort of multiplayer has X2?
is it server based ala freelancer or persistant world ala Eve?
or is it single player?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 01:01

Kingtoke wrote:what sort of multiplayer has X2?
is it server based ala freelancer or persistant world ala Eve?
or is it single player?
single only

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 01:06

single player only

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 01:07

Single player, end of story so far.
OL game speculated, but if the s/player takes off then the big bucks move in, dev team in the way ? buy them out and move in an in house (whoever that may be) dev team.
It's a very old story any one care to list good games that have been hijacked from the original developers ?

Ruthran
x3

Post by Ruthran » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 05:17

It's not necessarily a bad thing - sure some series get hijacked to make a quick buck - Fallout series maybe, but other times buyouts stop a series from dying when the original developers either don't want to or can't continue it. The Thief series is a good example of this, now that Looking Glass is dead (RIP LG :cry: ) Thief 3 wouldn't in development if Ion Storm didn't get the rights.

If X2 does as well as I think it will that'd have to be one big check though, and I doubt they'd sell it off whilst in the middle of making a MMG :P
You know the worlds goin crazy when the best rapper is white, the best golfer is black, and germany doesn't want to go to war.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 07:43

Ruthran wrote:It's not necessarily a bad thing - sure some series get hijacked to make a quick buck - Fallout series maybe
Eh? Both Fallout games were produced by the same developer (Black Isle Studios)...how did they get hijacked to make a quick buck?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”