X2 UFO picture

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lorien
x3

X2 UFO picture

Post by Lorien » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 12:10

This is from the trading game cards...

[ external image ]

Can't recollect any pictures of this being shown before. :D
Things I've procrastinated on...

Gary Bolton

Post by Gary Bolton » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 12:13

Hard to tell if that image was taken from X2 or XT either, I was looking at the space background for any hints if it might be a screen shot from X2, but it's to hard to tell. However seeing as all the ships have been updated in X2 , both graphics wise and in design. I would guess it a screenshot from XT of the UFO because it looks exactly the same in design and graphics used.
DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

Kriszo
x3tc

Post by Kriszo » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 13:41

Yes, the design is absolutely the same. Anyway, I hope there will be UFOs in X2.

Tiberian Commander
x3tc

Post by Tiberian Commander » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 13:45

It was not taken from XT :)

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 15:01

Tiberian Commander wrote:It was not taken from XT :)

:gruebel: ...I can't see it being 'taken' from XT either, one would think that being that it's on the 'X2' trump cards it WOULD be connected in some way with X2. :)

Now I'm wondering whether it's going to have any impact on the new game :wink:... I hope so, would miss that unexpected sound as it passes close by, as you're travelling across/some of the sectors. :)

Oldman :)

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 15:34

They are the Sohnen :D and the reason they are running around is they are getting ready to(or maybe allready have,X2 I have not seen)realign the gate loops for the Ancients :o

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 15:36

"They are the Sohnen and the reason they are running around is they are getting ready to(or maybe allready have,X2 I have not seen)realign the gate loops for the Ancients "

Didn't Earth build the gates?

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 16:37

Earth only built 2 gates. One at Earth itself, and one that was sent to Alpha Centuri. The Ancients built the rest, including all the ones you see in the X-universe. I would post a link to Helges X-Wiki, but i cant remember it myself :? I'm sure someone else will enlighten us though..

:Nova
xr

Post by :Nova » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 16:44

http://helge.de/XbtfWiki/index.php?page=Gates

:o

Did earth build the gate in Brennans Triumph? The really messed up one in the middle

-Ghostfox-

Post by -Ghostfox- » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 16:51

I think they did. Helge doesn't write wrong stories. :wink: Or what do ya mean? :?
www.Schlachtplatz.de, das Online-Spiel mit über 5000 Mitspielern!

xr

Post by :Nova » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 16:56

Im confused, Earth only built two gates, one at earth and one at alpha centuri, but they must have built one in Brennans Triumph so that must be three, unless they didnt send one to alpha centuri and then that would only be two :?

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 16:58

The Earthlings built the gate at Brennans Triumph (aka Alpha Centurii) and the one in Earth orbit. But they were destroyed when R.Gunne led his fleet through them in a (successful) attempt to lure the Xenon away from Earth. Once they were through both gates were destroyed and the rest, as they sometimes say, is history. :)
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

-Ghostfox-

Post by -Ghostfox- » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 17:02

the gate at Brennans Triumph (aka Alpha Centurii)
That's what we two didn't know. Thanks! :)

Kriszo
x3tc

Post by Kriszo » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 17:02

So the only remaining gate built by earth is the one in Brennans Triumph?
ALL others have been destroyed?

-Ghostfox-

Post by -Ghostfox- » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 17:08

Yes.

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 17:12

In the intro of X-BTF didn't they say "Many of our outer colonies fell before we realized what was happening"

Doesnt that implie they had more then just the 2 jump gates?
Or maybe they colonized more then one planet in Alpha Centuari?

-Ghostfox-

Post by -Ghostfox- » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 17:15

Maybe the "had" more, but the other gates have been destroyed, I think.

xr

Post by :Nova » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 17:21

Just out of curisoity, why cant the gate it brennans triumph simply be fixed? (No I never got round to completing X-BTF) I know that these gonars disabled it and put a plaque on it (what did the plaque say?) and i doubt the Xenon would fix it and go back to earth (they would get their asses whooped caus earth has superior technology (right?))

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 18:07

:Nova wrote:Just out of curisoity, why cant the gate it brennans triumph simply be fixed? (No I never got round to completing X-BTF) I know that these gonars disabled it and put a plaque on it (what did the plaque say?) and i doubt the Xenon would fix it and go back to earth (they would get their asses whooped caus earth has superior technology (right?))

Not nesccessarily taking some thing apart especially someone esles work and then haeving the knowledge to put something back together isnt always as easy as one might think.maybe the Gunners could do it :wink:

One would think by now that earth could handle its self but look at the Boron they were said to have advanced tech because of the "helpers" and yet if the Argon had not interveened then the Split would have wiped them out .Its not always certain I guess :?

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 18:20

I want the easter egg UFO to be available capture in X² or to be part of a mission :x2:
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”