Disruptor Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mokonzi
x3tc

Disruptor Missiles

Post by Mokonzi » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 23:30

Has anyone got a good explanation as to what these actually do? I've not done the plot, so maybe some info is covered there, but are they much different to other missiles, or do they just do more shield damage than hull, and that's it?

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 23:34

Dunno but they won't fire for me! :evil:

Downer
x3

Post by Downer » Thu, 26. Jan 06, 23:50

Is your ship compatable with them? Check in the ship's details.

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 01:28

Apparently they prevent a ship from moving (ie destroy its engines). Never tried one out, though.
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 01:39

Forget wat the game tells u about them. They are average-yield and speed tracking missiles. Firing them at M5s and M4s bring satisfying results.

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 01:46

they dont do what the box says. when fired at a target, th missiles' effect can vary greatly. once i fired one at a khaak m3 and it destroyed it even tho the KM3 had full sheilds before impact. but generally, it just takes a small chuck out of the sheilds and does significant hull damage to a target if the shields are down.

i have recently came up with a theory that the missiles increase the likelihood of making a cap as i fired one at a xeno L and it turned blue. the thing is that the missile seem to only work this way if used against bare hull when the shields are down.

as has been stated before, the missiles take a lot off the hull, so that may be a balancing issue instead of a bug as has been previously suggested.

problem being that you can only pick these missiles up from destroyed ships, and they have not been appearing lately, so i have not had the chance to fully test this idea yet.

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Fri, 27. Jan 06, 07:04

Interesting. I've been gradually deciding on how to use the different missiles in different roles but the disruptor is the problem. Thanks for the info.

I'll play around now.

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 05:11

By far the disruptor missile is my favorite to use, when I am sporting a ship that can equip them. They are quite quick, have excellent tracking, and rarely miss. They sell for around 3k a pop, and theres a fab (atleast in my game) in Omlen treaty (although its been hostile to me all game, appears to be telladi run). Faster then a silkworm and 2/3 the cost... as a previous poster said, its results can be varied to the extreme... from near nothing to instant kills... I think of it as an unstable ion missile. I don't have any hard data either way as to weather or not it improves capping... if it does, it is because it causes massive systems damage rendering the target useless as a fighter... ie.. they eject. The only thing that chaps my hide is that the mamba V can't use it... :evil:

Tyrmadris
x3

Post by Tyrmadris » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 06:34

You must be playing the plot.

The Disruptor Missile Fab in Oman's is a Yaki installation, but they aren't coded to have their 'own' race type stations. Actually, when I land on it, it gives me the "TerraCorp Greeting". It might be random.
There's a Pleasure Complex somewhere that is the same way, as are the Nividium installations. All plot-related bits that do little for you in the 'normal' game.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”