how do i use the system override software? HELP!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

median
x3

how do i use the system override software? HELP!!!

Post by median » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 00:51

could some 1 please please Please explain how the override software works i have docked ona station were there is a ship docked but have any clye has to how to use the software to takeover that ship Please could some1 explain it thank you in advance medi :)

Jolly_Roger_uk
x3

Post by Jolly_Roger_uk » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 01:01

Basically the software overide device thingy, Is used when you cap or find a free ship floating in space, Instead of ejecting from your ship into your spacesuit and getting within 30m or so to claim the ship, the software thing enables you to do it from the comfort of your ship without ejecting.

Its useless really, expensive, 600k, and Illegal, so if your scanned and they see it, which they will, you may take a race rep hit.

Tyrmadris
x3

Post by Tyrmadris » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 02:59

Not to mention if you just pull up so the capturable craft is on your left beside your ship, you can hop out, hit claim, and hop back into your own plane in like 3-5 secs with practice.

apricotslice
x4

Re: how do i use the system override software? HELP!!!

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 04:01

median wrote:could some 1 please please Please explain how the override software works i have docked ona station were there is a ship docked but have any clye has to how to use the software to takeover that ship Please could some1 explain it thank you in advance medi :)
The ship needs to be floating in space. It also needs to NOT have a pilot, and be motionless. You cannot just claim any old ship, only ones that have been abandoned. A ship in dock, is not abandoned.

The mk2 script is not detectable, but costs 10X more. I mapped it to a joystick key and claiming from 5km away is now 1 click.

Sirus5
x4

Re: ...

Post by Sirus5 » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 09:23

Tyrmadris wrote:Not to mention if you just pull up so the capturable craft is on your left beside your ship, you can hop out, hit claim, and hop back into your own plane in like 3-5 secs with practice.
That is normally true - however, in the mission against the Yaki, I have found that I cannot eject for some reason, and thus, the System Override Software is indispensable in allowing me to clear the captured Yaki out of the way.... I have captured nearly 400 ships since the start on X-Treme mode and am now nearly 3 days in!! - Most of the 400 were Yaki, and they would really clog up the sector making it nearly unplayable!!

Wip3out (Bru)
xr

Post by Wip3out (Bru) » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 09:58

When I bought it I thought I could illegally capture ships just like that.(Because you buy it from pirates)

Then I realized the money mistake and how it really sucked. :evil:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 28. Jan 06, 10:02

Wip3out (Bru) wrote:
When I bought it I thought I could illegally capture ships just like that.(Because you buy it from pirates)

Then I realized the money mistake and how it really sucked. :evil:
Well, the script for Mk2 is interesting. Someone modded it so that he could eject the pilot when the shields got down to 5% :)

saberike
x3tc

Post by saberike » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 07:56

:lol:
Crap, now I read this.

I just tried to use the ovveride software on a Boron Destroyer class, (The Ray.)

It didn't work ...........

and then I died.

Borons just don't like being scanned. And I scanned a huge warship that had a frieght scanner as well.

So Basically the pirates ripp us off and laugh why we get ourselves killed; and the developers do as well.

Well, at least it is funny.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 08:18

This stuff is handy if you are flying in a big ship and don't want the hassle of changing to a fighter, parking near the ship you are going to acquire, ejecting, etc. It also has a use when you have a carrier captured still full of (neutral) fighters. Just buy the
Spoiler
Show
scrambler from the Duke's buccaneers
and it will become legal to own :)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 11:50

3 years old...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”