Consistent Crash to desktop leaving Home of Light

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

mjmcmahon
x3

Consistent Crash to desktop leaving Home of Light

Post by mjmcmahon » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 05:01

Hi all -

I've gone thru and reproduced this one a few times...hopefully someone can either find the bug or give me a workaround:

I'm playing the plot, but have stepped away from the plot missions for a bit to pick up some money to boost my ship. I've bought a hauler and now, every time that I go thru the jumpgate from Home of Light to Argon Prime, I get a crash.

System details as follows:
- Operating system: WinXP SP2
- CPU, graphics card, memory, sound system: AMD64 3700, ATI Radeon x1800XL with Catalyst 6.1's, 2G DDR, Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS (all drivers are latest revisions)
- game version (i.e. 1.2.01): 1.3

- sector location in the game and scenario: not on a scenario - CTD occurs going thru the Jumpgate from Home of Light to Argon Prime
- type of game played, i.e. plot ot non-plot: plot

Hope this helps - I did a brief search but didn't see anything immediately applicable.

mjmcmahon
x3

Post by mjmcmahon » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 05:24

More information:

CTD seems to be related to Argon Prime specifically. I tried taking a different route (Home of Light - Red Light - Ringo Moon - Argon Prime) and got a CTD when going thru the jumpgate from Ringo Moon to Argon Prime. The really strange part is that I'd been IN Argon Prime just a little bit earlier (shadowing my Hauler on a trip back from Power Circle) I had no problems until after I docked in Home of Light.

ideas???

mjmcmahon
x3

Post by mjmcmahon » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 09:14

Strangely enough, it seems to have solved itself. I switched to my Hauler, went back up to my normal pickup, came back and all was good.

color me confused

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 10:12

mjmcmahon: I recent when from a HIS X700 card to a Connect X850XT card with no other changes and started getting CTDs in areas i never used to see them in.

Im wondering if theres a connection between the makes of the cards causing these crashes because previously my system and drivers was exactly the same as it is now except for that one change.

So can you tell me the brand of your X1800 card please.

Thanks.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

mjmcmahon
x3

Post by mjmcmahon » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 10:16

Giskard -

Mine's an ATI but I don't think that was a factor here: I've had the x1800XL in place for much longer than I've owned X3

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”