Xenon are sentient, electronic beings. Try this strategy.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Did this strategy work for you?

Poll ended at Fri, 17. Feb 06, 12:28

Yes
17%
No
50%
I have a better strategy
33%

Total votes: 6

Sharktooth
x3

Xenon are sentient, electronic beings. Try this strategy.

Post by Sharktooth » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:26

Ok, the Xenon. I have capped a few L's. Going to try this with a P. If I see a big group, and I don't see a chance of success. I will move to the front of them, and release an Unknown Object, then the lot will cease to exist. They are sentient, electronic beings, or living ships, as you like. If you can capture them, you don't see a pilot bail out as there isn't one. Same goes for Kha'ak. Imagine how much your rep would increase of you had a Kha'ak or Xenon POW to deliver to a certain race. They would love that.

As they are electronic, you try using weapons designed for distrupting electrics. Ions, Distruptor Missiles, and highlight any other weapons. If you keep using those on a particular Xenon ship after you have eliminated all others, I'm sure the chances of a capture is much better as you electronic weapons have re-progranmmed them accidentally, if you like. The Xenon must be out of sector to increase chance of success as they are distant from re-programming boundaries.
Last edited by Sharktooth on Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Time to get SPACED OUT!

2.93gHz processor, XFX 6800GS AGP 256-bit, 2 GB RAM, 19' TFT monitor

Al
x3tc

Re: Xenon are sentient, electronic beings. Try this strategy.

Post by Al » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:29

Tooth wrote:
As they are elcetronic, you try using weapons designed for distrupting electrics. Ions, Distruptor Missiles, and highlight any other weapons. If you keep using those on a particular Xenon ship after you have elimintated all others, I'm sure the chances of a capture is much better as you electronic weapons have re-progranmmed them accidentally, if you like.
While it sounds like a good tactic, I'm willing to be my entire fleet of captured ships that there is not distinction made between Xenon and any other ships for the purpose of capturing.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Sharktooth
x3

Post by Sharktooth » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:34

You could give this a try though, Al. Xenon are electronic beings, see what 'scares' them most? Kha'ak are hive members, and crystalline, see what scare a piece of crystal most? These are worthy of investigation.
Time to get SPACED OUT!

EvilInside
x3

Post by EvilInside » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:40

Hmmm, sonic weapons to combat the Khaak? Where's the "sonic boom" from street fighter when you need it :?

Sharktooth
x3

Post by Sharktooth » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:45

EvilInside wrote:Hmmm, sonic weapons to combat the Khaak? Where's the "sonic boom" from street fighter when you need it :?
Be realistic, there is something in teh game somehow? Which ship, which weapons, which missiles, which tactics, is best used on a particular enemy, regarding their nature? I'm sure many of you want to look into this. I find my L caps improved by 25%, IE GET 2 OUT OF EVERY 8 ATTEMPTS, rather than 4% on converntional methods of blasting them into oblivion, ie 1 OUT OF EVERY 44 ATTEMPTS. This is down to locating small squads of Xenon OOS that I can deal with. This is on L's.
Time to get SPACED OUT!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:45

Al wrote: ...... I'm willing to be my entire fleet of captured ships that there is not distinction made between Xenon and any other ships for the purpose of capturing.....
Careful, Al !

In X2 Xenon K and Kha'ak were special in that respect. Hence it is not too far fetched assuming that they (including the P) are special in X3.

Tooth, it is good to test all thinkable methods but I've tried what you've suggested and it didn't work.

I do encourage every player to join us in the quest to capture a Xenon P or any Kha'ak.

Cheers Euclid

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 12:49

Well you look at a Hornet missile it has nuclear sign on it's side doesn't it, nukes cause emp so that's what xenon should fear.

Khaak, I guess using MD would furiate Khaak since you are firing their brothers and sisters at them, though it might break their morale too. :P

EvilInside
x3

Post by EvilInside » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 13:18

They designed this game to allow for each person's experience to be slightly different, so in that respect you have to find what works for you.

What tactics may work for one person's game may have almost no effect in another's. So try just about anything you can think of to cap ships, but if it's Xenon...just try uploading them a new driver. (sort of like windows, new drivers cause more harm than good) :P

This game is fluid, and almost ever changing...though in the end, it's only a game!

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 13:28

euclid wrote:
Al wrote: ...... I'm willing to be my entire fleet of captured ships that there is not distinction made between Xenon and any other ships for the purpose of capturing.....
Careful, Al !

In X2 Xenon K and Kha'ak were special in that respect. Hence it is not too far fetched assuming that they (including the P) are special in X3.
I hear what you are saying but I mean that there is no distinction made between a races and the weapons best suited to capturing them. I realise that there are exceptions to the general what class can be captured rule, or at least that there was in X2.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 13:44

EvilInside wrote:Hmmm, sonic weapons to combat the Khaak? Where's the "sonic boom" from street fighter when you need it :?
cough cough*** PSG

nuff said
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

Sharktooth
x3

Post by Sharktooth » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 13:51

EvilInside wrote:They designed this game to allow for each person's experience to be slightly different, so in that respect you have to find what works for you.

What tactics may work for one person's game may have almost no effect in another's. So try just about anything you can think of to cap ships, but if it's Xenon...just try uploading them a new driver. (sort of like windows, new drivers cause more harm than good) :P

This game is fluid, and almost ever changing...though in the end, it's only a game!
#

Yup, I'm you on that. Everyhting you say is infallible. It's just nice to figure out where best success lies between a bigger group of people.
Time to get SPACED OUT!

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 14:07

Tooth wrote:. I find my L caps improved by 25%, IE GET 2 OUT OF EVERY 8 ATTEMPTS, rather than 4% on converntional methods of blasting them into oblivion, ie 1 OUT OF EVERY 44 ATTEMPTS. This is down to locating small squads of Xenon OOS that I can deal with. This is on L's.
Thats because your using IonDs, the cappers weapon of choice, not because of the individual races having different weapons that are better for capping them.

Im with Al on this and will also offer all my captured ships that i havnt sold (2 pirate busters :P ) if anyone proves me wrong!

Kha'ak

Post by Kha'ak » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 16:24

This is NOT a valid strategy !

All the ship in the X-universe have electronic parts, and generally electronics are an important element of an advanced technology. Of course it is advice to use (beginning with X2) advanced energy-disruptor weapons to kick you enemy's ass (for example Ion Distruptors, special missiles, or even the Kha'ak Kyon Emitter - who looks almost like the Phase Disruptors in Star Trek !) , but not for a PARTICULAR enemy - Xenon, just for all of 'em. Good luck, good profit and good hunt !!!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 18:15

Kha'ak wrote:This is NOT a valid strategy !
and seems like it's not a new thread either :)
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 18:24

fiksal wrote:
Kha'ak wrote:This is NOT a valid strategy !
and seems like it's not a new thread either :)
Ah, necromancy! But perhaps he just doesn't have his head around the idea yet THAT IT'S 2007, NOT 2006. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”