system override

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

skankpsycho

system override

Post by skankpsycho » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 15:23

hi guys

how do you use system overide software you get from pirate stations for 600k.

wats it used for and is it any good
cheers for any help

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 15:26

Basically if someone has bailed out of their ship you can claim it without leaving your own one. Its also illegal in all race sectors which is a real pain in the rear. You still need to get as close as if you were out in the spacesuit.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

skankpsycho

Post by skankpsycho » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 15:31

cheers hoped it had a better use than that :(

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 15:41

skankpsycho wrote:cheers hoped it had a better use than that :(
Well it's still pretty useful considering you don't have to get out of your ship to claim. It's best if you have a TL or an M1. I just swap it from a docked ship when I need it to claim a ship. Then I swap it back. This way, the illegal equipment is never in the ship you fly in except for the brief moment you need to claim a ship. I've never been caught by a scan for illegal goods this way.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 15:49

I tend to fly solo so I find it a right pain in the rear as I keep getting busted for it. I have considered havinga wingman purely to have it carry the software. Then again I might as well just jump and out and claim the ships myself.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 15:58

Al wrote:I tend to fly solo so I find it a right pain in the rear as I keep getting busted for it.
Yeah you're right. If you fly solo, it's just not worth the trouble.

timgoodey
x3

Post by timgoodey » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 18:45

If a Tractor Beam was able to be used as a means of slowing an occupied ship down and bringing it to a halt to be capped, then the value and illegality of the SOS would be justified, as would the risk. M6/TL only as they are the only ones in the beta patch able to mount Tractor Beams but it would give the M6 a better role than it currently has.

It could work by slowing down a ship by a certain amount each second, say 20m/s for an M5, 10m/s for an M4 and 5m/s for an M3, so as long as there were enough tractor beams to overcome the acceleration of the ship, and the ship kept the beams on it, it could be bought to a halt and then capped by getting within 50m using the SOS. Of course keeping the beams on a M5 with its speed and manoeverability could be difficult, and the fire power of an M3/4 could make that difficult without taking a lot of damage, but that's the risks you would take to cap a fully equipped ship! This could be balanced by effective range of the tractor beam for this purpose, i.e. maximum range 1km or less.

Maybe patch 1.4???????????????????????????/

EvilInside
x3

Post by EvilInside » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 19:15

Now this idea I like, it takes WAY more skill to tractor & cap a ship (fully equiped) sounds like what a true pirate would do! Hmm, sounds like a good 1.4 script plan!

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 19:22

Check this out: here

It is a new version of overide software that is not so illegal. It comes at a high price though, i think like 6 mill, but hey its not illegal and allows for easier caping. Also remember that when you get software like this evern the sys overide MK1 you have to set the button to be used.

- Relief

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”