Selling squash mines, where ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wundagore
x3

Selling squash mines, where ?

Post by Wundagore » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 23:45

with mere luck and the knowledge from these forums I have been able to fill up 2 freighters with squash mines.

around 1000 squash mines
now I have 2 options
re enact normandy
or sell em all
I prefer option 2 since I need money
now where can I sell all of this at once ?
the pirate base at ore belt only bought 26 and has been full ever since
so I travelled to teladi space with my posse of freighters :)
guess what, each trading station also takes 26
and some stations don't take them at all
so what is my best bet to sell them all?
at this rate it is going to take forever
Creator Of The Agian Empire
[quote = "apricotslice"] The generation of random numbers is far too important to be left to chance! [/quote]

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 23:47

You might try Split and Paranid space. There are lots of Pirate bases around. Check some of the maps in the stickies for more info on location at the start of a normal game.

Uzi77
x4

Post by Uzi77 » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 00:15

Selling that much of it could be a problem. I've got a SQUASH Mine factory, doesn't sell very well.... but I heard some where that if you sell a ship, u get SOME money for the goods on board. At least this way you can get rid of all of them.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 00:36

Uzi77 wrote:Selling that much of it could be a problem. I've got a SQUASH Mine factory, doesn't sell very well.... but I heard some where that if you sell a ship, u get SOME money for the goods on board. At least this way you can get rid of all of them.
It depends where do you have it. I have 2 of them in Family Pride. They are never getting overstocked with the sell radius of 4 jumps (I have a trader selling mines).

Xaragon
x2

Post by Xaragon » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 01:56

Find a base you don't like and dump the whole lot next to the docking clamps - then run like heck!

Get to about 6km and turn around to watch the pretties!

Wundagore
x3

Post by Wundagore » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 10:15

kurush wrote:
Uzi77 wrote:Selling that much of it could be a problem. I've got a SQUASH Mine factory, doesn't sell very well.... but I heard some where that if you sell a ship, u get SOME money for the goods on board. At least this way you can get rid of all of them.
It depends where do you have it. I have 2 of them in Family Pride. They are never getting overstocked with the sell radius of 4 jumps (I have a trader selling mines).
thx for the tip
tried that but I rejected that idea
for my argon mercury filled with 558 squash mines I get 4.5 mill credits
the argo alone is 5.6 mill if I sell it all at 10k
so I would be losing a lot of money
been able to buy 3 split caiman super freighters from the mone I earned :D
Creator Of The Agian Empire
[quote = "apricotslice"] The generation of random numbers is far too important to be left to chance! [/quote]

acrox
x3

Post by acrox » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 11:03

According to my spread sheet the trading stations in the following (basically most of teladi space, some in split+ paranid

Blue Profit
Ceo's Buckzoid
Cho's Defeat
Consecrated Fire
Duke's Domain
Eighteen Billion
Emperor's Ridge
Empire's Edge
Family Nji
Family Rhonkar
Family Rhy
Freedom's Reach
Friar's Retreat
Grand Exchange
Home Of Opportunity
Ianamus Zura
Merchant Haven
Mines Of Fortune
Ministry Of Finance
Patriarch's Keep
Preacher's Void
Priest Refuge
Priest Rings
Profit Center Alpha
Profit Share
Rhonkar's Fire
Scale Plate Green
Seizewell
The Vault
Thuruk's Pride
Thyn's Abyss
Trinity Sanctum
Unholy Descent

i hope this is correct

(i personally wouldn't bother tho just cut your losses or dump them in xenon space for some fun)

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 11:33

It would help increase your trading rank, quite a lot. It might be worth stock piling a few for emergencies!

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 13:26

Your best bet is to buy a standard Boron Freighter, no upgrades. Dock your current super freighter to the shipyard and load as many mines as you can into the new freighter's hold as possible via a freight exchange. Since you are in your super freighter you can sell the other ship. The standard freighters is cheap enough that the profit from the mine sale would outwiegh the loss you would take in the ship buyback.

You could use any standard freighter to do this if you wanted to raise a particular race faction, Borons just have the larger cargo hold.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”