I have a GRAPHICS PROBLEM!!!!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

AjRyder
x3ap

I have a GRAPHICS PROBLEM!!!!

Post by AjRyder » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 15:43

Well My game runs fine. I have a X700 256MB card which is no slouch!! Anyway thew game runs fine until I go into SAVAGE SPUR then the graphics are slowed down to a crule. But in all other sectors the game plays fine any ideas?
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 15:45

Yes, you and lots of other people. Some people have said that leaving the sector and coming back in can sometimes solve it.

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 17:13

Why does it happen?
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 17:16

It is indirectly related to the sheer number of rocks in there. However, I believe something will be done to mitigate this in the next patch.

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 19:38

I have a lousy Radeon 9800 pro 128 agp. Savage spur runs smooth as butter on my system. It shouldn't be hard for a system to show a bunch of rocks on-screen!; let's be honest here people, it's a known bug in the game. However the 1.3.1 beta patch fixed it up quite nicely for me.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 20:26

Odd that, because the fix for the problem isn't included in the 1.3.1 BETA patch. ;)

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 01:39

Rocks are not scary, giant blobs of geometry (what the computer sees them as) are very CPU and GPU intensive and hense are very scary as well. That's why sectors with lots of rocks slow down most peoples' computers. I never really have much problems in Savage Spur but occationally get fairly laggy in Ore Belt during combat with pirates equiped with PSG's.
Brian
:EDIT: I would suggest that the Dev team tries to add like 10-12 new asteriod types to the game that are less intensive and have a graphics option for "Simple Asteriods" that replaces all the bigger asteriods in the game with these simplers ones.

Grassturtle
x3

Post by Grassturtle » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 06:38

alexdefelice wrote:I have a lousy Radeon 9800 pro 128 agp. Savage spur runs smooth as butter on my system. It shouldn't be hard for a system to show a bunch of rocks on-screen!; let's be honest here people, it's a known bug in the game. However the 1.3.1 beta patch fixed it up quite nicely for me.
your lousy 9800 pro might as well be top of the line in comparison to our X700 pro series

but what i lack in video processing power i make up for in "ram"
Station Comm : Would the pilot with the fleet of capitol ships, please take what they want.

Think outside the box .....

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 17:51

@ CBJ

Then maybe you could explain this for me:

On the same exact pc, os install, drivers:

X3 in savage spur w/1.3..... unplayably slow.

X3 in savage spur w/1.3.1......buttery smooth.

Same goes for Ore Belt, regardless of whether I load my save or start a new game.

Perhaps there's something else in the patch that speeds things up? I'm just one of many many players that gets much better performance with the 1.3.1. beta patch. I'm not complaining that the patch fixes the problem, but give me a little credit here, I've put in my 15-20 hours of dicking around with this game to get it to work properly just like everyone else.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 18:01

There are quite a few performance improvements in 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 but the primary cause of the performance problem in the heavily asteroid-filled sectors wasn't in there. Maybe the other improvements made things look better for you, or maybe you encountered the rather odd behaviour that results in some occasions when you enter the sector being less problematic than others. Either way, there will be further improvements to performance there in future.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”