Adventures with the damn UFO [spoilers]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pospi
x3

Adventures with the damn UFO [spoilers]

Post by pospi » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 06:10

I just thought I would share a funny experience..

The other day I was filling out the rest of my map when I came to Family Z'rt. And lo and behold a UFO comes flying right past me. So naturally being a first-timer I got all excited and decided to chase it on the offchance that it lead me somewhere cool.

I chased it for a couple of sectors and it was quite clearly much faster than I.. but I managed to catch up when it slowed at the gates before jumping. So I shot it's hull out until its top speed was slightly slower than mine. It went clear through all those Split sectors and into Xenon 472, during which I had to protect its sorry ass from 10 or 12 K's. That was a bit hairy. Coming out the other side, I'd lost a bit of hull, so I had to slow it down some more again.

Anyway it took me on the biggest wild goose chase in what seemed to be a very particular direction and I got progressively more excited. All the while until it got to Unholy Descent, upon which it did an abrupt U-turn and started heading back on the exact same path it had come in on.

I got the shits with it and blew it up with a hammerhead, just to make the point.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 06:19

:rofl: :rofl:

yeah that gets newbies every time :D
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 11:27

Good job.

I made this my job - shoot every UFO I come across.

So far only 1, because my ships are too slow.
But it will increase...

Soft Silverwind

Post by Soft Silverwind » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 11:56

You could just see which gate it is going to enter, use your jumpdrive (5 Energy cells with a small fighter) and just intercept it from the front.
Teamwork is essential. It gives the Kha'ak someone else to shoot at.

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 12:11

I also tried that once. But since I used my 8x BIRE Mamba I couldn't make it slow enough before it got away.

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 13:37

Stick some mass drivers on the Mamba and you'll soon slow it down...

I never attack UFOs - they don't pose any threat, and there's no gain to be had by attacking them for fun...who knows what you might be pissing off? I don't want to find that gate I've just flown through has been rerouted to a Khaak sector.
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 01:58

As I understand it there linked to the Goners... atleast in faction anyways, I wanna say they have the same designation "GZ" or somesuch, and a human yells/screams when you hose one out... I splashed 2 trying to cap one... but no luck hehe.

Freeholder
x4

Post by Freeholder » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 02:17

I don't shoot at UFO's.

I like being able to purchase things from the Goners, and there does not appear to be any practical way to restore lost Goner reputation.

=Sasquatch=
x3

Post by =Sasquatch= » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 06:12

yes there is, buy lots of jumpdrives 8)

And u may aswell stick em in UT's while ur at it :D

Hypersloth
xr

Post by Hypersloth » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 15:18

Would it not be easier to buy a fast scout ship and tell/ order it to follow?

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 16:03

I shoot UFO:s also. only 1 killed so far. gotta love that aaaargh goner yell :D
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”