Alpha PBE's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Britguy21
x3tc

Alpha PBE's

Post by Britguy21 » Sat, 18. Feb 06, 18:12

Hi I've got a slight headach with my titan. I'm primarily using my only one hunting pirates and have found a nice way to get them to come to me by blockading the south gate of Ceo's Doubt there are always pirates heading through that sector. My problem is how to equip my titan. I have 8 A or B PPCs on the front and have just managed to get hold of 4 A flacks for the top turret. The rear has Bpac's. I have tryed to get use ahepts as I produce them but to be honest they are useless as anti fighter weps on turrets. I Dont have the rep to buy an AFlack factory or two and I cant get the the BPBE factory from the boron. My only option is APBE's

My question is are they (APBE's) any good as anti fighter weps or is there another alternative that I havent thought about. Any help would be great before I comit myself and buy myself a few factorys to produce them. Thanks all

Gregster6
x3

Post by Gregster6 » Sat, 18. Feb 06, 18:19

I've got about an elephant-and-a-half (50,000+) of exotic weapons from raiding Xenon sectors.

(Problem is, I don't yet have the reputation to buy the ship I want to equip!)

You get the booty when the cap ships get destroyed. If you don't get any weapons from a destroyed ship, just wait til the next one or the one after that - sooner or later you'll get the mother lode.

Cheers

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Sat, 18. Feb 06, 20:31

APBEs have pretty good damage, they'll take out the shields in no time especially, and they have fast projectile speed so they;ll hit the fighters, the problem is they have really short ranges (much like Flak) (as in like 1-1.5km, not sure) so I tend to use AHepts of BPACs on my elephant, as these have longer ranges and good damage and can generally hit the fighters fairly well, but elephants can't use Flak (i believe) so that might be the best option, not sure.

This is all for when I'm in system of course, OOS just fill with PPCs ideally, although PBEs, Ahepts or Flak will do well too.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sat, 18. Feb 06, 20:33

IIRC Giskard actually recommends a mix af PBEs and Flaks on a Titan.
Can't remember which thread it was in though sorry.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”