question regarding weird ship, goner/UFO and AI "hotspots"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tha_reaper

question regarding weird ship, goner/UFO and AI "hotspots"

Post by Tha_reaper » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 00:31

ok, long title, but i though i would better open 1 topic with 3 questions instead of 3 different topics :)

1: in empirer mines near the north gate i see a ship called Mercury. Nothing more, nothing less. I thought it would be a claimable ship, so i tried to claim it: not possible. i noticed there is a pilot in, but comming is not possible. looking at the stats its in space for ~370 hours, and not moving at all. I tried shooting it, and after a while it turns red and starts dropping boxes of 10 energy cells when i damage the hull. pretty soon after the pilot jumped out without giving any comm (he also didnt commed when i attacked him), and i hear: "you have lost recognition". It seems it was a paranid ship. The pilot name wasnt piranid at all... Is this a weird flaw in my game, or is that ship supposed to be there? and is it claimable without losing my recognition?

2: I have seen the UFO a couple of times now, but i just read this morning that its a good idea to follow the bloody thing so i equiped a disco with a triplex scanner, mineral scanner and full engine tuning. But now im looking for the bloody thing, i cant find it anymore! I read that you can also follow conventional goner ships, but i cant find any of those either. Is there a spot maybe that holds more chance to find a goner ship or that goner UFO?

3: My universe is getting empty again. Last time that happened i found all the AI ships circling around one station, but now i cant seem to find that station. Is there some way to find that station? I tried looking at the destination of the trader ships i still see, but I cant find that option anywhere. I thought that option was available in X2, but I can have mistaken that with freelancer. Maybe someone can point me to a script to find the location of AI ships? or another usefull trick

thank you all

theKettle
x3

Post by theKettle » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 03:06

1. I've seen that mentioned a few times, I don't know if it's in everyone's game (I haven't noticed it in mine, but then I haven't looked). Just ignore it or, if you don't mind the rep loss, cap it.

2. UFO's seem to appear pretty much randomly, just keep an eye on your radar for their unique icon. The only real reason to follow one (or a Goner ship) is to hopefully lead you to unknown sectors. If you've already found them all, or aren't particularly bothered, it'd be a waste of time.

3. No idea, sorry.
------------------

If I want to be toned up, calmed down, invigorated or anything then it's very simple. I just have a cup of tea.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 03:16

1. Its a bug. But, look at it this way. A pilot decided to find a nice quiet spot for some Zzzzzzz's between trading jobs and you came along and tried to pirate his ship :)

2. There isnt anything to discover following a UFO that you cant discover on your own anyway.

3. The 1.3 patch introduced the god-engine, which removes stations at a whim and does the respawning of new stations and other things. One of the side efefcts has been the huge number of ships removed with the stations because they were docked there at the time. Added to the attrition of the kahhak, pirates anbd xenon attacks on trading and civilian ships, by about game day 5, you end up with a universe thats almost entirely military. Its a known bug. The new patch in beta testing fixes it.

Tha_reaper

Post by Tha_reaper » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 07:38

hmm, a little nap of about 370 hours... isnt that a bit much? :lol:

and for the UFO's: im a lazy bastard. if things can be automated, i'll do that :)

im not talking about the civilian ships that disappear. its the traders. a couple of days back the same thing happened and then they were all flying around one station. i was lucky to come across that station. but now i cant seem to discover that station. isn't there a script that allows you to see how many AI traders there are in each sector?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”