System override software ???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PowerTrip
x3tc

System override software ???

Post by PowerTrip » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:22

I found this item in the pirate base in zrts dommination "system override software"

anyone know how to use it ???
Live for Love. Strive for Peace. Fight for Freedom. Search for Truth. Shout for Justice. Look for Respect. Ask for Help. Pray for Wisdom. Allow for Change. Suffer for Nought. Die for Honor.

Shada
x3tc

Post by Shada » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:28

It allows you to claim ships without leaving your own ship. You still have to be within around 30m of the abandoned ship, though.

It's also illegal in every race sector and you'll make the police mad if you fly around with it installed on your ship.

skyb1ue
x3

Post by skyb1ue » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:35

Considering how expensive it is to buy - it really isnt worth the bother. Only ever had reason to use it once claiming a ship in a hot zone, but apart from that a waste of 600k
Guess who got his copy for christmas

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:53

bought it, tried it, reloaded when a cop got angry at me, never bought it again.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 22:46

Completely worthless piece of equipment. Even if it would be completely free, I'd still not use it.
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 01:42

The only way to make it even remotely useful would be to make it legal. But at 600K, it's hardly worth it. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 03:10

Mk 2 on the other hand, undetectable, claim from 5km.

Very expensive, but its the first thing I bought in the game and the single most useful.

EVA ? Not on your life ! Who-ever thought that one up at Egosoft is nuts.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”