Squash?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bloodslush
x3

Squash?

Post by bloodslush » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 22:28

I have some squash factories and don't really like using them so I have a butt ton sitting around doing nothing....So what I was wondering if I managed to get a transport with say about a thousand or so of the squash mines infront of a destroyer's path and dropped them all without getting waxed before hand; do you think that could do enough damage to one of those damn things to say bring the shields down. Or to ramble, Would a hundred or so laser towers stand any chance against a destoyer?

anima36
x3

Post by anima36 » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 23:03

if you look at the stats of a laser tower you could have a good guess and im sure you can find the yeild of a squash mine somewhere

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 09:06

lasertowers will work if get 65 or more in one place. However, you need the 125mj shield mod on order to not lose a lot of them and they have to be laid out in a grid of some sort. If you just dump them out the back of a ship en masse, they mainly destroy themselves. And they are clumped too densely and make a good target for kyons.

Another thing is, if you lasertower the gates of a sector with KM2/1's already in, they just ignore that area and stay out of range of the towers.

havent tried mines so dont know if they will work or not, but I guess you need to take in 1000's and lay them in a ring around the target, but you would be playing chicken with it the whole time and probably would have to do many drops all over a sector to finally nail it, at great risk.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 09:32

Squash mine does about 60MJ shield damage. When I tested it's hull damage it was enough to destroy an unshielded Dragon. When I tried the same trick with the Elephant it didn't worked, not even a dent. My guess is that capital ships are so large that they occupy the entire explosion radius and the game gets confused whether it shoud apply the near-full damage at it's epicentre or just partial damage near it's edges.

I guess I'll have to do some more testing involving firing Firestorms and Hammerheads at some nearby targets and check if capships are vulnerable to proximity explosions that don't hit their hulls directly. If not, that would be a bug.

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 17:54

LT's work if you dump a mass of them from the back of your ship...just drop 'em and then jump somewhere. OOS they don't hit eachother...
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”