Flak & Mass Driver volume issue...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aino
x3tc

Flak & Mass Driver volume issue...

Post by Aino » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 04:15

Right. I've seen what you guys can do while browsing around, and I guess you can easily fix this annoyance as well. (?)

Currently Flak cannons and Mass Drivers are trying to make my speakers explode to tiny bits with their insanely loud sound. (Also making them completely un-useable after midnight hours. If I want to hear any other sounds than them, that is.) Is there some way to change the volume of a single sound effect? Has someone done this already and able to put the "fixed sound" into a downloadable / installable file thingy? I took a look into some "info about adding your own sounds" type topic, but I think I'd learn hebrew faster than get all that into my head... any "simplified instructions" on how to deal with this specific thing would be appreciated as well. (I can handle computers OK so "open the file in" works, instead of "file -> open -> press the little arrow and...") :P

Thanks in advance, and BIG thanks for all the great mods you people are making or have done in the past. Really spices it up, and in the way "you" want it, too! *checks the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box and goes to sleep*

PS - sorry if this has been already answered somewhere. I couldn't find it..

balogt
x3

i have had similar prob

Post by balogt » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 05:49

i changed the sound on the mass driver to a different one, the impact sound of the aloha impulse ray emitter..its quiet but appropriate. the flak cannon is a different mess.. i like the explosion idea but i need to find a way to turn the volume down on it...currently i dont know how to..i was thinking of taking the sound file...(id have to get someone to tell me the number it is) then use the sound recorder with my sound card to turn it down... i tried the launch and impact sound files.. they end up quiter but the explosion is a seperate file, im not sure which one...

help on all of us late night gamers

balog

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 06:52

The problem with flak guns is that the annoyingly loud sound isn't the fire sound or the hit sound. It's the boom that the "bullet" makes when it bursts. The sound file in question is 919 -- but this is also used for when M6 ships explode. If you want to extract it and lower the volume, it will work, but next time you fight a P be prepared for a very wimpy bang.

I think the bug is that the flak gun boom doesn't attenuate with distance like every other sound effect. It's too bad, this probably is all hard coded and so isn't really fixable.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 17:32

balogt please dont add that to the real pilots script...i love may flak cannons going BOOM :D

and i alwats got headphones if its late :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”