M0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xxx-xx
x3

M0

Post by xxx-xx » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 04:31

Someone needs to actually make an M0 battleship. It would need to be really big. Have like 40 plus guns. Dock a ton of ships. Have many 10gj shields. And basically be able to kill like r M2s. The price could be like 300mill.

McPhearsom
x4

Post by McPhearsom » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 04:55

The Argon One is supposed to be a special M0 but in-game it's just a regular M1 which looks very similar to a Mammoth (same body just with extra bits bolted on).

What I'd like to see is a battle station, like a shipyard/equipment dock able to dock multiple M1/M2s but with weapons, somewhere you can call your base and upgrade like a ship.

The standard shipyards in X3 look a bit feeble considering they're meant to house about 10 of each ship type and yet are physically smaller than an M1. They don't even have a hangar bay or any basic defences.

targettio
x3

Post by targettio » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 19:48

have a look around...

you have the exodist fleet which will include terran ships and an M0

the M7 mod is to include an M0

the battlestar mod is to include 3 M0s

and im there are some more others under development.

targ

xxx-xx
x3

Post by xxx-xx » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 23:47

Hmm i think an m0 would be the same as adding guns and a jumpdrive to a station, flying fortress.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 02:05

McPhearsom wrote:The Argon One is supposed to be a special M0 but in-game it's just a regular M1 which looks very similar to a Mammoth (same body just with extra bits bolted on).
Nope, the Argon One is supposed to be a Colossus with a name tag... which it is.

M0 Class ships are not even battle ships. So far we have encountered the Xenon M0 and Kha'ak M0 which were not battle ships but planet destroyers. They are basicly Weapons of mass destruction.

You can make ships as powerful as you like in a mod but technicaly you will never be able to make an M0 as you cant destroy planets in the game.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 06:58

Wait, the M0s are WMDs?

McPhearsom
x4

Post by McPhearsom » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 07:07

The Argon One is supposed to be the largest ship in the Argon fleet, yet it is no bigger than any other Argon M1, it's meant to be their flagship, something better than an M1.

The M0 is just effecively a mothership, something big enough to house other large ships, like a mobile shipyard but covered with weapons and with enough firepower to destroy anything that gets in the way.

Planet destroyer is a bit optimistic since a planet is slightly bigger than a space-ship or space-station, over time you could destroy cities/life on the surface but not the actual planet itself, so many sci-fi stories fail to realise just how immense a planet actually is and the riddiculous energy requirements of any weapon capable of destroying one (basically it's just not very possible)

Really an M0 can be anything you want but based on existing X3 ship classes you'd expect an M0 to be roughly an M1 + M2.

Xenon and Kha'ak ships are exempt from 'standard' classes since they aren't members of the "5/6 race department of ship category standards" (it's just easier to label them as M ships as there are less categories to worry about and it's convenient for designers, even though it makes no sense why each race would have a specific ship per class that are all roughly equal to each other's, surely they'd make whatever they want?)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 00:09

M0 is reserved for the so called planet destroyers. If you want a new class of ships which are like M1 + M2 make up a new class just like the M7 mod. Calling it M0 just because it sounds cool is'nt good practice. And again, if the Argon One was supposed to be different it would either be a different ship type or a different class rarther than an M1 Collosus. Just look at the HMS Ark Royal. Basicaly the same, if not identical to the Invincible and the Illustrious.

Theres an idea, M8 flagship class.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

McPhearsom
x4

Post by McPhearsom » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 03:27

tbh I think the whole class list has gone a bit wrong, the M7 should be an M3, the M6 should be an M4, and so on, going from biggest to smallest, and that's only for military ships, there should be an unlimited number of classifications for civilian/corporate ships since they'd all be different and some may be unique and not in any category.

What is an M0 for one race could be different to another race, M0 is just their biggest ship class, if one race has a planet destroyer as their biggest then that's an M0 and if another race has a massive battlestation as theirs then that's their M0. Just because it's in the same category as other ships doesn't mean it has to be the same, it all depends on how it fits with the rest of the fleet (if one race has crappy fighters then their carrier might dock 100 whereas another race has better fighters but their carrier only hold 40).

All the ships seem too similar to each other, there should be more of a variation (but still balanced so that one type of ship isn't obviously the best).

I do think the game is missing a flagship class though, something really big but each race would only have one of (since it's their custom built flagship). You could then buy one of these per race (and only one) once you get the highest reputation.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 19:33

call Team America they will sort the WMD's out!!!! :lol:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 21:44

i have made an m0 just have not finshed it yet have a look at my website to c it www.killerog.piczo.com

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 22:11

killerog wrote:i have made an m0 just have not finshed it yet have a look at my website to c it www.killerog.piczo.com
very nice desigens i was thinking of something similar for a fighter/corvette/bomber

but about half the size of an M6 but have a lot more fire power and a lot faster and as stong shields as a m6 but almost no cargo space

but unfortunaly my talents are not as good and i have very little time at the moment to make then :evil:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 23:16

My M0 will be bigger than yours. :fg:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 23:52

Good topic. Good Thread!

Let me elaborate if I may. My M0 will accomodate 3 M1's, 10 TS's, 120 Fighters (plus the Fighters in the M1's); in addition to a huge cargo bay for resupply. It will be completely enclosed even for the docked M1's. This M0 is mobile, but it takes a long time to come up to max speed of 40. It can jump at very high energy cost. It will be heavily armed and shielded. This is the kind of Super Carrier that you could jump into Khaak teritory, and launch your M1's, which would launch their Fighters. If thing get too rough, everyone can head into the M0, batten down the hatches, and charge up the jumpdrive.

At least that's how things are going at the moment. :)

McPhearsom
x4

Post by McPhearsom » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 00:06

Sounds good, a mothership from which to launch your conquest of the universe :)

teki
x3tc

Post by teki » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 00:20

Colonelnj10 wrote:Wait, the M0s are WMDs?
Most of the ships in the X-Universe are WMDs or platforms for them :lol:

E.G. A Terran M1 Odin fully armed with 4000 Hammerheads + 40 fully armed Terran M3 Thors ... that is a lot of fire power and 1 hour time one could make a trail of destruction that would dwarf any single WMD known in existance (except the really nasty ones, but atomic and thermal warheads are nothing in this regard).

A present time U.S carrier is also most certainly a WMDs, or rather many. Such a ship fully armed for a land assault can lay waste to millions of civilian lives in a country across multiple capitol sized cities... using only 'conventional' weapons.

I believe the U.S goverment has desigated large civilian planes WMDs post 9/11. There are apparently non-conventional weapons anywhere but in conventional weapons, if used 'correctly', I guess.

McPhearsom
x4

Post by McPhearsom » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 00:49

Information itself can be a WMD :roll:

biGGGs
x3

Post by biGGGs » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 15:31

Xenon_Slayer wrote:You can make ships as powerful as you like in a mod but technicaly you will never be able to make an M0 as you cant destroy planets in the game.
You know that M0 is a recognised class in the game, so even though you couldn't make something large enough to destroy a planet, the game would still recongnise it and label it as so.

Actually, in terms of scripting and modding, you could make a weapon with a high enough range, with a script that removed anything it came into contact with, including a planet. I think this is possible, planets are objects in sectors just like stations.
Asus A7N8X-Deluxe
Athlon XP 2400+
1GB DDR PC2700
Radeon AGP X700 Pro 256MB

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 17:11

i will in furtur make different version this one the attack version with a high speed shields and wepons but not a lot of cargo space it can hold done m1 or m2 i will later on when i get this done make a larger carrie version and maybe a planet destoryer modle if that is possible but i want to finsh this one and my 3 ships of my new army first

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 17:18

Good work Killerog! I wish I was as good at 3D as you. :(

It'll be interesting to see your finished products. :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”