Mass Driver Ammo question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aragon47

Mass Driver Ammo question

Post by Aragon47 » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 21:29

I have a Mass Driver strapped to the rear turret of my Mamba Raider...pretty slick craft. In the Ship Command Console, I visually confirmed that the Rear Turret is programmed to Missile Defence (MD).

So, trying to be cautious with spending my pennies, I bought 57 "ammo packs" -- or 57 Mass Driver Ammo items...whatever you want to call it.

I've taken down many a ship and my MD has taken out many a missile but in all the hours of gameplay since buying the ammo, the Mass Driver Ammo count in my hold has reduced by 1 measely item -- total is 56 MD ammo items now.

So, either this is a glitch (at v1.3 btw) and I'll fight merrily on my way or each Ammo Pack or MD Ammo item contains "multiple shots".

I can definitely hear the gun firing and see the damage its doing to the ships that are behind me.

Has anyone else seen this oddity or is it such that you have like 100 shots per 1 MD Ammo item in the hold? Does that make sense?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 21:32

1MD Ammo ware unit is either 100 or 200 shots. Can't remember right now, but it's more than it says on the tin :wink:
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

lamkonhin
x3

Re: Mass Driver Ammo question

Post by lamkonhin » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 21:32

Aragon47 wrote:I have a Mass Driver strapped to the rear turret of my Mamba Raider...pretty slick craft. In the Ship Command Console, I visually confirmed that the Rear Turret is programmed to Missile Defence (MD).

So, trying to be cautious with spending my pennies, I bought 57 "ammo packs" -- or 57 Mass Driver Ammo items...whatever you want to call it.

I've taken down many a ship and my MD has taken out many a missile but in all the hours of gameplay since buying the ammo, the Mass Driver Ammo count in my hold has reduced by 1 measely item -- total is 56 MD ammo items now.

So, either this is a glitch (at v1.3 btw) and I'll fight merrily on my way or each Ammo Pack or MD Ammo item contains "multiple shots".

I can definitely hear the gun firing and see the damage its doing to the ships that are behind me.

Has anyone else seen this oddity or is it such that you have like 100 shots per 1 MD Ammo item in the hold? Does that make sense?
Accturally 200 shots per pack, so you can live on arund 60 for a decent time period even if you have 4MD

Zileene
x3tc

Post by Zileene » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 21:33

There are 200 rounds in one ammo pack
We may need to modify the expected collision between our galaxy and Andromeda...
Everyone lean left.

Lurker Extraordinaire.

Make Good Art

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 21:33

Each ammo pack contains, I think, 200 rounds. So you only need a few packs for your rear turret. 57 packs is enough to take down an M2! :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Spandex
x3

Post by Spandex » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 21:36

I carry 10 for my rear MD and top up whenever I'm passing. I have yet to come even close to running out. Even when getting spammed by missiles every 5 minutes.

Aragon47

Post by Aragon47 » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 21:39

Wow, thanks for en masse replies. That's purdy sweet...

All this time I actually fooled myself into thinking 1 Ammo item = 1 shot. I thought: that's a bloody waste, then?

Glad I'm wrong. Waaaaaaaaay wrong. Cheers, all.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 23:16

The yellow bar below the weapon icon shows how much ammo is left in the pack that's currently loaded in your MD's

Godalmighty83
x3

Post by Godalmighty83 » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 23:48

Aragon47 wrote:Wow, thanks for en masse replies. That's purdy sweet...

All this time I actually fooled myself into thinking 1 Ammo item = 1 shot. I thought: that's a bloody waste, then?

Glad I'm wrong. Waaaaaaaaay wrong. Cheers, all.
1 ammo : 1 shot would make the MD a very expensive gun, i used to have 4 on my nova but they were destroying craft too quickly for the pilots to bail. still have one i think on the rear turret even though rear turrets have yet to work (come on ego, theres been plenty of patches that have failed to fix it).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”