TL and TP etc.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dimothy10

TL and TP etc.

Post by dimothy10 » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 17:20

so i am now very close to being able to buy my first TL. was going to go for an Elephant due to the good reviews it has got here and due to its price. while looking at various threads for loadouts i stumbled across the fact that you cant dock TPs or TSs with them!!!! is this true and if so is this going to be changed in the new patch or does anyone know of a script to correct this? it does seem a bit ridiculous as it can carry an entire station but not a mere mercury!

any help greatly appreciated

tim

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 17:24

well, stations get packed up so they can fit in, but TS's are pretty big ships and cant physically fit in

there is a script that allows you to dock them thou

g04tn4d0
x4

Re: TL and TP etc.

Post by g04tn4d0 » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 19:34

dimothy10 wrote:so i am now very close to being able to buy my first TL. was going to go for an Elephant due to the good reviews it has got here and due to its price. while looking at various threads for loadouts i stumbled across the fact that you cant dock TPs or TSs with them!!!! is this true and if so is this going to be changed in the new patch or does anyone know of a script to correct this? it does seem a bit ridiculous as it can carry an entire station but not a mere mercury!

any help greatly appreciated

tim
You used to be able to in X2 but they removed that important feature for X3. (kinda like they removed the ability to turn cockpits and gate travel animations on or off, effectively choosing how we like to play the game for us instead of leaving it up as an option) This is something I'm still angry about to this very day. The description of the TL class is a mega trading vessel. It is used by people to not only haul multiple stations around but also as a super trader. You are supposed to be able to dock haulers and have them load and unload cargo insystem. There's really no reason to blow 28 million credits on something that is nothing more than a tow truck!!

Large ships that serve as mobile combat bases are what the M1 and M2 classes are for. Not the TL!!!

EGOSOFT GIVE US BACK OUR TS/TP DOCKING ABILITIES!! :evil:

Puddin
x3tc

Post by Puddin » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 19:47

this has been an issue since the 2md or 3rd week, many people have posted exactly what u saud, btu in X2 in the later patches i belive that TS and TP coudl not dock at thir larger counter parts...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 19:53

Puddin wrote:this has been an issue since the 2md or 3rd week, many people have posted exactly what u saud, btu in X2 in the later patches i belive that TS and TP coudl not dock at thir larger counter parts...
Not true. TS and TP could always dock with both TL's and M1's, even with patch 1.4. They could never dock with M2's from the very beginning. This change was specific to X3, and most likely because external docking ports were never added to the larger ships. Which doesn't make much sense, since TL's are actually bigger than some stations. So ship size isn't really a good reason. Most likely, lack of time, or maybe the mistaken idea that players wouldn't really care. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 20:21

Similar unnecessary, and quite frankly annoying changes in X3 compared to X2 are the removal of docking a M5 to a M6 and M3/M4/M5/GO to a M2.
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 20:25

Flector wrote:Similar unnecessary, and quite frankly annoying changes in X3 compared to X2 are the removal of docking a M5 to a M6 and M3/M4/M5/GO to a M2.
Agreed!
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Spatzimaus
x4

Post by Spatzimaus » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 20:26

Moxy's M7 mod allows a single M3/M4/M5 to externally dock to an M6, and allows a single M6/TS/TP to externally dock to most M1/M2/TLs.

It's a HUGE improvement.

dimothy10

Post by dimothy10 » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 00:37

must say although i like the idea of scripts i cant bring myself to download a whole new ship class, bit of a puritan in that sense though i am of course missing out i am sure. still much as i have loved x3 and all the bits and pieces this was one thing that did slightly annoy me. would love it if it could be reinstated for 1.4, it doesnt even have to be all the docking spaces for a TL, but just one or two would make life in x3 far more bareable.

despite this fact though i would like to commend egosoft on what has, at least for me, been a very enjoyable game with certainly a much more active universe from what i can remember from x2.

love you guys and keep up the good work with 1.4!!!

manly hugs and kisses
tim

Danno
x3

Post by Danno » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 07:31

I have to agree that it's rediculous not to be able to dock TS/TP's in your TL.

In X2 I had a Herc and Mammoth combo for sector building. I'd load a bunch of TS's on the Herc along with a station or two, put some more stations in the Mammoth, then jump to whatever sector I was building in and get to work. I haven't bought X3 yet, but I can't imagine having to buy my TS's (I always prefer to buy 10 at a time) then have them fly around to whatever Equipment Docks they need to visit to get the equipment I want on them and then have to fly themselves to whatever sector I'm building in.

I can see where this is going to put a real damper on station building. Oh well, there's always stand alone SPP's and Universe Traders.

jlehtone
x4

Re: TL and TP etc.

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 08:28

dimothy10 wrote:it does seem a bit ridiculous as it can carry an entire station but not a mere mercury!
It is ridiculous to be able to dock one ship inside an another. It is just as ridiculous not to be able to dock (almost) any two ships together to transfer cargo. The docking can serve two purposes: (1) to carry ships with one ship, and (2) to transfer cargo between two ships. (1) is no big issue, if one at least could do (2). And carry more than one unit of ship upgrade to other ships too.

This is a bit of balance too. Now one has to think whether one buys a Mercury, because the jumpdrive is near, or a Caiman Hauler, which has nice stats, but is far from equipment needed for a UT.
Danno wrote:I can see where this is going to put a real damper on station building.
The factory transports have been replaced by the complex construction kits, which can be carried by the TL. Furthermore, the NPC ships now both buy and sell, while in X2 they never did sell.

toltec
x3

Post by toltec » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 10:39

There are a couple (at least) of scripts that allow TS/TP to dock on TLs. Have a look on the script list sticky and search for the word 'Dock' on that page.

One just adds a command that lets you dock, the other script is more balanced as you have to buy a ware which reconfigures your docking bay to accept TS/TP ships, the ships being larger use multiple bays.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
George Bernard Shaw

Afterburnerz
x3

Post by Afterburnerz » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 08:27

I'm also annoyed by the fact that you can't dock TS and TP ships aboard your TL in X3.

I hope they reintroduce this docking ability in the next update to X3.

lamkonhin
x3

Post by lamkonhin » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 09:03

Have to agree that I was shocked as well when I found out TS, TP or a M6 cant accturally dock with a TL
I mean surely thinking on the fact that TL cant dock at station,
having a TP/TS for it to transfer stuff is basic logic.
You dont even need a bigger hanger, just have docking clamp like the stations!! I really hope they will add it in the next patch.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”