Slaves

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ipp
x3

Slaves

Post by ipp » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 11:42

My tactics, when my propriety is attacked is immediate sponse. If pirates attacked my traders or stations I am immediately in action agaist them. From time to time some of them (quite often) are bailing out from their ships. Until today I catched every of them and sold them as slaves. Am I doing well? I didnot found any hurts to my ranks with other races, I caped hell over 100 ships. Is possible that my slaves hunting will harm me in the future? :?:

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 12:07

they're considered illegal ware and thus if caught with a slave in your cargo bay you will have a problem. But as long as noone notices there's no problem at all.

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 12:12

Also slaves are legal (I think) in split space, so if you're in split space you should be fine.....

Uzi77
x4

Post by Uzi77 » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 13:21

I've noticed that if you shot the "Astonaut" you will loose rep with the race who's sector you are in.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 13:43

Maybe it's an "unsportmanlike" deduction? :) I was thinking about trying to get a gun onto the space suit. That way you could eject and have a pseudo hand-to-hand with them, so to speak.

coalfax
x3tc

Post by coalfax » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 17:33

Yes, if you shoot an astronaut you lose rep. However, if you pick em up then dump em in space, you lose nothing. Hell, they don't even fly out into space as a cargo container.

Evil? Maybe, but they fly too slow and make an awful mess on the wind(space?) screen when you thwack em. :twisted:

McPhearsom
x4

Post by McPhearsom » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 17:58

I usually enter a planet's atmosphere before dumping slaves, just to make sure :twisted:

Stew_1985
x4

Post by Stew_1985 » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 18:09

lol, you're all evil!

I honour the fact that they surrendered, and let them live for giving me what I want.

In my head, they then tell all their mates, so that when they meet me - they know that bailing = living :D

Tha_reaper

Post by Tha_reaper » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 18:13

Stew_1985 wrote:lol, you're all evil!

I honour the fact that they surrendered, and let them live for giving me what I want.

In my head, they then tell all their mates, so that when they meet me - they know that bailing = living :D
you should follow them. they will dock with stations, and just sit there. taking away all the docking spots with that station.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 18:14

I sometimes order the newly acquired ship to pick him back up. Then I launch a Silkworm at it.

I'm a sonofabitch.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 18:20

you should follow them. they will dock with stations, and just sit there. taking away all the docking spots with that station.
That was fixed in 1.3 i believe!
they know that bailing = living
True, exept i sell em so they're living in a fashion!

Uzi77
x4

Post by Uzi77 » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 18:58

apogee wrote:True, exept i sell em so they're living in a fashion!
Being a Slave I wouldn't class as being alive. Sort o' like being semi-alive :P

Vatso
x4

Post by Vatso » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 20:39

It's a shame they didn't rank fighter pilots the same way as the UT pilots.
It would be cool if you capped a high level pilot and ship and "persuaded' him to work for you; it would be much better than those mundane 'bot' pilots we are stuck with.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 20:52

Personally, I wish they'd do away with the 'slave' designation altogether. When you pick up a bailed pilot, it should be classified as 'passenger' or maybe 'prisoner'. Then how you dispose of it should determine what it becomes. Sell it to a pirate base, and it becomes a 'slave'. Turn pirates in to a Trading Station as 'criminals' and get a bounty. Collect 'friendly' pilots that you kicked out of their ships, and 'sell' them for ransom at their nearest Trading Station. The 'slave' designation was ok for X-T, but it's outmoded now.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Uzi77
x4

Post by Uzi77 » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 00:04

Nanook wrote:Personally, I wish they'd do away with the 'slave' designation altogether. When you pick up a bailed pilot, it should be classified as 'passenger' or maybe 'prisoner'. Then how you dispose of it should determine what it becomes. Sell it to a pirate base, and it becomes a 'slave'. Turn pirates in to a Trading Station as 'criminals' and get a bounty. Collect 'friendly' pilots that you kicked out of their ships, and 'sell' them for ransom at their nearest Trading Station. The 'slave' designation was ok for X-T, but it's outmoded now.
There really good ideas, see if someone will do a script for it, it might be do-able.

Azordian

Post by Azordian » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 00:29

What sort of pirate would make a slave?

I believe in two things, I believe in giving them a second chance to award me their ships (had this been the case of 'revenge'), and I believe in their right to survive the battle had they chosen to do so.

In case you're wondering, yes the annoying bug of station clauts has been fixed in patch 1.3. They'll sit at the docking port for some 5 good seconds, and then the gear will be lowered and the spacesuit gone.

I reiterate my point, what pirate would make a slave? They'll just cut the throat of their captors, and escape with the rest of the renegades in their ranks. It always happens. Once a brigand, always a brigand. :P

Azordian

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 00:33

Azordian wrote:What sort of pirate would make a slave?

I believe in two things, I believe in giving them a second chance to award me their ships (had this been the case of 'revenge'), and I believe in their right to survive the battle had they chosen to do so.

In case you're wondering, yes the annoying bug of station clauts has been fixed in patch 1.3. They'll sit at the docking port for some 5 good seconds, and then the gear will be lowered and the spacesuit gone.

I reiterate my point, what pirate would make a slave? They'll just cut the throat of their captors, and escape with the rest of the renegades in their ranks. It always happens. Once a brigand, always a brigand. :P

Azordian
It's called 'reconditioning'. It's a Split specialty. Resistance isn't just futile, it's a punishable offense. :fg: :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Lise
x3tc

Post by Lise » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 03:34

Azordian wrote:What sort of pirate would make a slave?

Azordian
since the only place you can sell slaves is a pirate base...and the vast majority of my 'slaves' have been pirates... i always assume i'm like jus selling them straight back to their buddies...

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 03:37

since the only place you can sell slaves is a pirate base...and the vast majority of my 'slaves' have been pirates... i always assume i'm like jus selling them straight back to their buddies...
perhaps, but you know what those pirates are like :-)
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

ipp
x3

Another question

Post by ipp » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 07:37

Is there any chance, that a´ll be "famous" after some bunch of former pirates I made slaves, that they colleagues will be afraid to attack my property - ships and stations? :?: :?: :?:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”