System Override software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tigerhawk71
x4

System Override software

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 12:44

Saw this stuff for a hefty pricetag in a pirate base, and i'm wondering - what the heck does it do?
Split alive!... Not for much longer you aren't...

MadMango
x3

Post by MadMango » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 12:47

it alows you to claim a ship without getting out however it is illegal
For The Emperor

Tigerhawk71
x4

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 12:51

Ah... Wait.. does that mean if my ship is scanned i'd have to eject it? ..crappy.
Split alive!... Not for much longer you aren't...

MadMango
x3

Post by MadMango » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 12:52

i think so or you could run at a high speed and hope you get away
For The Emperor

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 12. Mar 06, 13:39

Install the mk2 claims software script. Its more expensive again, but its undetectable and you can claim from 5 km away in 1 button press.

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 09:03

script for this script for that

IMO its allmost always about cheating ;)
AMD X2 4400+ 2MBcache, HIS ATI 1950XTX 512MB, 2x 1GB Kingston 3200 LL Ram, 1TB+ HDD

swoopinghawk
x3

Post by swoopinghawk » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 09:34

IceZoR wrote:script for this script for that

I quite like the walk in space and the genuine (non scripting) item for capturing ships makes sense, should be illeagle. I dont think all scripts are cheating however i guess it depends if your scripts are all aimed at taking the hard work out of a game or not. I find the struggle and final triumph is where i get my buzz, others getting the triumph without the work is there buzz. Some scripts that improve the game play and or make it more challenging cannot be classed as cheating. there are a lot of folk dedicated to improving the game, and there are thoes who just want it easy. I dont run scripts myself but i would not hessitate to use them if i found something that improved the game and the challenge

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 10:11

swoopinghawk wrote:
IceZoR wrote:script for this script for that

I quite like the walk in space and the genuine (non scripting) item for capturing ships makes sense, should be illeagle. I dont think all scripts are cheating however i guess it depends if your scripts are all aimed at taking the hard work out of a game or not. I find the struggle and final triumph is where i get my buzz, others getting the triumph without the work is there buzz. Some scripts that improve the game play and or make it more challenging cannot be classed as cheating. there are a lot of folk dedicated to improving the game, and there are thoes who just want it easy. I dont run scripts myself but i would not hessitate to use them if i found something that improved the game and the challenge
if you read it says "ALLMOST always" not that its always cheating :))
AMD X2 4400+ 2MBcache, HIS ATI 1950XTX 512MB, 2x 1GB Kingston 3200 LL Ram, 1TB+ HDD

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 17:23

y is it when ppl c the word script, imeditaly think cheat.

there are only a few scripts that i would class as cheats, and theres alot more that arn't

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 20:25

well key rule - adding stuff that makes playing easier = cheat
adding stuff that doesnt make game easier or stuff that makes game harder - non cheat

System Overide Software MK2 makes playing easier = Cheat :D
dont get why it costs anything anyway.. still cheat

.... cheater ;)

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 20:31

IceZoR wrote:well key rule - adding stuff that makes playing easier = cheat
adding stuff that doesnt make game easier or stuff that makes game harder - non cheat

System Overide Software MK2 makes playing easier = Cheat :D
dont get why it costs anything anyway.. still cheat

.... cheater ;)
not that i actually care if you use it as it is a Single player game, but still... i see it as cheat

(nice to qute oneselft)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 20:41

so your saying that all the bonus plugins for X2 are cheats ?

Commodity logistics software makes it easier to manage multiple stations and distribute wares between your stations, so therefore must be a cheat

Engine tuning kit makes ship travel faster making it easier to travel aorund theu niverse, so therefore must be a cheat

advance trading software makes it easier to manage supplying of station, so therefore is a cheat

AEGIS makes your turrents better making it easier for them to hit enemies, so therefore must be a cheat

missile defence system makes it easier for you to defend against missiles in smaller ships, so therefore it must be a cheat

patrol commands makes it easier for the player to patrol and and defend sectors, so therefore must be a cheat

need i go on ? ;)

Gavrusik
x3

Post by Gavrusik » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 20:46

I am baffled by how personalising a game is cheating IceZor. IF you die you reload, shouldn't you just restart the game from scratch using that philosophy? Or if you lose a TL or an UT you never felt the urge to reload ? Now there I could see cheating... Oh and the UT is a script isn't it ? As is Multi-sector patrols.

Why do you think there is an option to script? I don't use unsigned scripts but I am a bit suprised by your somewhat extreme opinion!

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 21:10

Well, still its my opinion :D

Yes, in a far fetched way reloading a game is cheating and sure, i reload (wich i dont actually se as cheating) when i die or loose a key structure or spacecraft and try to make it not happen.. seriously.. why would i not reload after puttin XX hours into the game and i happen to die or a key structure that i have no hope in hell of replacing within the hour is destroyed?
its fun to do to get revenge on those who did destroy it :) - by bringing a small fleet of fighters to ambush the enemy on their way :twisted:

but adding stuff be it extra speed for ships or 200cr because you dont wanna wait to get that ship/station or adding a system overide software mk 2 cuz you dont like having a slight rep loss and local police attack you if u dont drop the device that is in game or whatever has always been, and will always be, IMO a cheat nomather what.

almost forgot...
Cycrow.... Yes that would be cheating
patrol commands and such however is a diffrent matter

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 21:32

well, by ur definiation sector patrols are cheats, as it adds stuff in the game to make it easier for the player

i take it u will never use the bonus plugins then ?

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 21:35

:) no i do not define commands as cheats as they shouldve been there in the first place :)

and no.. i do not use that kind of bonus material
infact i do not use any scripts at all

Gavrusik
x3

Post by Gavrusik » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 21:40

I got to say IceZoR it smacks of hypocracy when you say that it is not cheating to reload as that would cost you hours of play. There is no consistancy to your argument. It's actually not really an argument, it is more of an ill conceived opinion that leaks badly. Sorry that sounds a bit harsh, not intended to be. X3 revolves around scripting for longivity. When X2 was beginning to Dull they started bringing out signed scripts (UT was one) BPM another, and they improved gameplay.Further scripts will be created to improve gameplay. They are optional . I for one am waiting for the improvements to the STs so that my complexes will make more money... I don't think of myself as a cheat.

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 22:04

If i were to play multiplayer and reloaded so my stations/base was back where they were.. or when i die.. i revive my self by a command not normaly in the game so i can kill my opponent that would be a cheat...
saving, loading isnt a cheat in single player IMO end of story :D nomatter how it "smacks"

but in your opinion apparantly saving in SP is cheating... and i guess you do it... cheater ;);)

Foggie
x3

Post by Foggie » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 23:09

Maybe it boils down to the difference between making the game "easier" vs making the game "efficient."

I wouldn't consider script that makes game management more "effecient" to be cheating. IE improving the intelligence of traders, or tweaking the available commands you can give to your ships.

But scripts that make your ships faster, or give them unlimited energy, etc I would put in a different category....

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 23:09

I think there's a fine line to this scripts/cheating lark. And I think the fine line can be drawn at balance.

Saving/Loading isn't cheating because it is a designed feature that comes with the game (and there are limits on when you can save and it's price; free at stations, paid for otherwise).

Sector patrols aren't cheating becasue they add sonething to the universe that every ship going through a patrol sector gets.

Scripting your ship extra speed/weapons/shields is cheating (unless it's balanced by a loss of something else). Likewise scripting yourself extra cash is cheating (actually, I don't think you can balance this out unless you also get rid of some of your property).

But then there are the scripts that are a bit fuzzy. Like the gunnery crews. You're the only one that benefits, but they solve a problem with the original turrets (it makes them no longer useless). And they're blinkin' expensive!!!

As for the SOS mark2 script.... It has no drawbacks. It's a little more expensive, it's undetectable, you don't have to leave your ship and it works from 5km away. In what way would that not be cheating? Where's the balance? If there was a downside to it, it might be another matter. If it was undetectable, but you still had to get out of your ship, or you could stay in your ship, but it only worked under 100m that would make it a lot less like cheating (and I would then use it).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”