MinimalHud + EMP 1.4 + NoTaxis&Civs + 55KM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

arcana75
x3tc

MinimalHud + EMP 1.4 + NoTaxis&Civs + 55KM

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 15:22

Just thot I'd give a shout on this mod which might be useful for some.

This mod contains:
- MinimalHud (dds\gui_master.dds). Works with 1.4.
- Extended Mod Pack (EMP v1.4) (types\TWareT.pck).
- No Taxis and Civilian ships (types\Jobs.pck): Removes all Taxis and Cilivian ships from the game.
- 55KM (types\TBackgrounds.pck): Sets viewable distance to 50-55km for all sectors but keeps the gaseous nebula found in some sectors. This means objects don't appear like ghostly apparitions, but may impact performance in sectors with alot of objects (eg Xenon sectors, Ore Belt, etc).

Nothing new, just a combination of other people's mods and ideas. You can download this mod here

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 16. Mar 06, 22:17

Hi Arcana: Can you make this without minimal hud, gaseus nebula and a viewable distance of 160 km? It is posible?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 02:20

It's definitely possible and quite easy at that. Thing is I'm prolly gonna stick to "as-is" right now.

If u need help to get it the way u want I can easily follow up on that here. It just involves downloading a tool and a few key presses. :D

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 04:34

arcana75 wrote:It's definitely possible and quite easy at that. Thing is I'm prolly gonna stick to "as-is" right now.

If u need help to get it the way u want I can easily follow up on that here. It just involves downloading a tool and a few key presses. :D
Ok, I going to try to make the changes my self, if you help me. :wink: I have already the X3 editor and the mod manager. What else I need?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 04:55

Ok here's what you need to do:

Remove MinimalHud
-- Fire up ModMgr, select the mod, click on the dds file (I forget the name), hit delete. MinimalHud removed.

Remove nebula and change distance
-- Same ModMgr, doubleclick on types/TBackgrounds.pck. Something loads and soon a editor of sorts (X3 Editor) appears with a listing on the left and data on the right.
-- For some sectors (SS_xx), Data entry 19[/b] is set to value 16. Change this value to 0 to remove nebula.
-- To change distance, notice in every SS_xx entry, there are 2 large values at the bottom. My mod should say 25000000 and 27500000 in every SS_xx entry. Since u want 160KM, multiply 160 by 500,000. You prolly want 2 different values. The smaller value is when an object in the sector fully displays. The larger value is when the object starts to fade in. So your number pair would be 80000000 and 82500000.
-- Hit save to save TBackgrounds.pck back into the mod.

Done. :)

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 05:01

Another way to edit and mod is to save the type files as text first, edit them then reinsert them back to ur mod.

-- Fire up ModMgr, doubleclick the file u want to edit (eg types/TBackgrounds.pck). X3Editor fires up.
-- Hit save, but instead of saving into the mod, close the catalog and save in ur drive, it'll save as TBackgrounds.txt.
-- Use notepad to edit TBackgrounds.txt. This way u can quickly replace values using notepad's replace (eg replace all 25000000 with 80000000).
-- When done, go back to your ModMgr. Drag and drop TBackgrounds.txt into the mod's list of files (ie where types/TBackgrounds.pck is shown).
-- A popup appears asking u where to place the file. Make sure it's the right folder. For TBackgrounds.pck, it's "types". Hit ok, and now ur new TBackgrounds.txt is packed into TBackgrounds.pck.

Done :)

I apologise with text, cuz I'm at work and don't have the tools and mods, else I'd include screenshots.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 17. Mar 06, 14:47

You don,t have to apologize for nothing, for the contrary I thank you for your time and adviced. I will tray the changes tonit at home, (I,m at work rigth now :twisted: :lol: . I let you know how it goes....

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”