Ion Disruptors

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

SkyLeach
x3tc

Ion Disruptors

Post by SkyLeach » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 08:32

There seems to be a bug where IDs do not show up if they are placed in weaons that are close together.

For instance, if you place them on your Nova on the front two guns attatched to the nose of the ship they will not show up, and on the Centaur they don't show up if placed on the front two slots. The IDs do show up in your target monitor and the electrical discharge effect shows up on the target ship.

Also, I do not know if this is a bug or not, but in my game IDs never seem to do anything save stripping shields. A scan of the target before attacking shows the installed devices. A continuous barrage of fire from IDs draining my 5600MW SG on my nova raider 3 consecutive times on various ships for testing (Xenon Ls, Ms, Ps and Pirate Harriers, Falcons, etc...) never shows anything "vanishing" from their cargo hold. I've attempted to drop their shields with HEPTs first and then fire long sustained bursts which also do nothing. Do I need to burst my fire? Is it supposed to drestroy their shields or something?
-SL

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 10:26

Ion Disruptors only harm shields. This is the same as Mass drivers bypass shields and only harm hulls.

Your bug report has been passed on.
I recommend a loadout of 1 ID and the rest regular weapons. This provides a nice balance of damage, as well as skirting the issue of letting you see the ID beam.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 17:25

I think he means that in X2 Ion Disruptors would cause equipment damage on the target ship after a while, but he hasn't noticed this happening in X3...I could be wrong, though.

shadowfang2
x3

Post by shadowfang2 » Sat, 1. Apr 06, 17:38

thats what i thought he said too :-)

Old Fossil
xr

Post by Old Fossil » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 13:06

I have been on the receiving end of the Ion D. (Pirate attack), I was suprised to hear various equipment being destroyed, as well as shield strength dropping, my hull was still 100%.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 02:29

I've been able to damage nme ships equipment, but using 4 ID's tends to do that. Though it DOES take awhile to do that damage, compared to when the nme hits ME with ID's and I start losing stuff immediatly.

So their not behaving the same for the player as for npc.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”