Anti-greenpeace: spacefly hunting

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SkyLeach
x3tc

Anti-greenpeace: spacefly hunting

Post by SkyLeach » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:02

I just saw a msg in the BBS saying that a large swarm of spaceflies had been spotted in Bala G's Joy. I want to harvest them in my elephant with my spacefly collector.

Can anyone give tips on 1.) finding them, 2.) capturing them with a collecotr.

I know that i can use IDs to stun them but is there any other tips anyone can give me?
-SL

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 16:08

Sounds like you pretty much have the basics down.

......keep an eye open for cops.

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 17:18

Unless you are in split space, where spacefly collecting is legal, or pirate/unknow sectors were no-one gives a monkey's. But if I were you, I'd use something smaller, faster and nimbler then an elephant. Spaceflies don't stay shocked for long, so being able to get to them quick is a distinct advantage if you want to capture as many of them as possible.

SkyLeach
x3tc

Post by SkyLeach » Sun, 2. Apr 06, 17:46

plawolf wrote:Unless you are in split space, where spacefly collecting is legal, or pirate/unknow sectors were no-one gives a monkey's. But if I were you, I'd use something smaller, faster and nimbler then an elephant. Spaceflies don't stay shocked for long, so being able to get to them quick is a distinct advantage if you want to capture as many of them as possible.
The spacefly collector claims to "lure" them into the hold, so I was hoping to go trawling. I have a mamba with a transporter to do the stunning but I was kindof hoping that the elephant could scoop up a few on it's own while I was directing my fire.
-SL

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”