Firestorm vs. Hornet and Goner Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WingC3
x4

Firestorm vs. Hornet and Goner Rep

Post by WingC3 » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 11:40

Hey, couple of questions:
1st: In the manual, the firestorm torpedo has only 1000 more damage than a hornet missile. However, it costs 70000 more, and requires a higher reputation. Why? Is this a misprint, and if so, how powerful is the firestorm really?

Secondly, I'm an aspiring explorer, I've been doing very well in all aspeccts of the game, but I still can't budge my goner rep above sceptic 50%. Has anyone found a way to do this? It's TL buying time, and it's going to have quite an appetite for energy cells.

thanks

lordsloye
x3

Post by lordsloye » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 11:50

There is a good guide to weapon and ship stats in the stickies, link to it here:
http://roguey.roxr.com/gaming/pc/x3/help.php

As for Goner rep, I haven't played the Explorer game, but non plot the only way I know to help Goner rep is to buy from them. You can dock a TL, get e cells and jump drive at Terracorp HQ though.
Hope this helps.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 12:52

lordsloye wrote:There is a good guide to weapon and ship stats in the stickies, link to it here:
http://roguey.roxr.com/gaming/pc/x3/help.php

As for Goner rep, I haven't played the Explorer game, but non plot the only way I know to help Goner rep is to buy from them.
Roguey has things neatly, but even there are inaccuracies. If the stats are true, Firestorm can drain one GJ shield (and plenty from anyone nearby). Hornet is the pathetic "killer" from X2. Nowhere near the same power. Was the manual in question the printed one or the latest downloadable updated version?

Goner cooks have never heard of chicken and egg. Without rep you cannot buy, without buying you get no rep.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Mad Jock McMad
x3

Re: Firestorm vs. Hornet and Goner Rep

Post by Mad Jock McMad » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 12:57

WingC3 wrote:Hey, couple of questions:

Secondly, I'm an aspiring explorer, I've been doing very well in all aspeccts of the game, but I still can't budge my goner rep above sceptic 50%. Has anyone found a way to do this? It's TL buying time, and it's going to have quite an appetite for energy cells.

thanks
I'm playing an Aspiring Explorer game too. A while ago, my rep suddenly increased to Sceptic 55%, from the starting position of Sceptic 50% - I have no idea why, though. I had bought 200 Goner Insurance, so went back and bought another 2000 insurance, but no increase. I'm sure one of those clever people who understand the scripts could let us know how and why! Please!
My baby is a basket case
A bipolar mama in leather and lace

WZ RIP

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 18:50

What we need are for Goner assassination missions to be available at the BBS, just like for the other main factions you interact with on a regular basis.

"We need you to kill a mad Goner priest who has denounced the faith! We'll give you $500,000 Cr and raise your rep with the honorable Goner's!"

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 19:03

Renegade 13 wrote:"We need you to kill a mad Goner priest who has denounced the faith! We'll give you $500,000 Cr and raise your rep with the honorable Goner's!"
That would not work due to: (1) if they do not like you, they will not ask you to do dirty work, and (2) the Goner are peaceful and would never resort to such violence. :cry:

However, the superior Paranid High Priest is not limited by such petty details. Furthermore, they can easily afford the sudden demise of those unholy heretics. :twisted:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 19:35

jlehtone wrote:
Renegade 13 wrote:"We need you to kill a mad Goner priest who has denounced the faith! We'll give you $500,000 Cr and raise your rep with the honorable Goner's!"
That would not work due to: (1) if they do not like you, they will not ask you to do dirty work, and (2) the Goner are peaceful and would never resort to such violence. :cry:

However, the superior Paranid High Priest is not limited by such petty details. Furthermore, they can easily afford the sudden demise of those unholy heretics. :twisted:
Hmm, yeah might work like that.

"Argon authorities have reason to suspect the Goner priest Jak Yertley is guilty of smuggling advanced weapons to the pirate factions. We'll award you with X amount of Cr. if you'll eliminate this threat to the Argon Federation."

Since you get a rep boost from both the hiring race and the faction the target belonged to, that would boost your Goner Rep.

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 19:45

Renegade 13 wrote:"Argon authorities have reason to suspect the Goner priest Jak Yertley is guilty of smuggling advanced weapons to the pirate factions. We'll award you with X amount of Cr. if you'll eliminate this threat to the Argon Federation."

Since you get a rep boost from both the hiring race and the faction the target belonged to, that would boost your Goner Rep.
dont you think this will upset the goners even more? theye dont like violence so even if the goner was smugling weapons, theye probably jsut put him on trial and if found guilty evict him from the goners? killing them without a trial on a suspicion will proably only upset them?
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 22:20

Perhaps, but if that were ignored it'd be a good way of raising rep with the Goners :)

And hey, those Goners can be vicious! :wink:

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 22:47

the manual that came with the game is not the most reliable sorce. Apricotslice created a guide with the help of a few others, i am not sure if it is open to public yet so the link can not be passed sorry.

some stuff in the manual is not in the game....people rush.....
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

antman112
x4

Post by antman112 » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 23:13

1st tip forget the manual for missles dont relly tell you much there

2nd tip you fire a missle its gone and there a lot out there go try them out for yourself see what you like

3rd tip just have fun

4th tip ummm forget that one

i see missles as two types
1 fire and target goes boom
2 fire and get the F*** out of there as everything goes BOOM
sorry of any spelling mistakes

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 09:08

antman112 wrote:i see missles as two types
1 fire and target goes boom
2 fire and get the F*** out of there as everything goes BOOM
You forgot the Mosquito/dumbfires:
3 fire and nothing really happens :wink:

DoHi
x3tc

Post by DoHi » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 09:24

AFAIK Goner rep can be raised by protecting Goner ships and possibly killing Kha'ak and Xenon ship in range of Goner.
The Truth is Out of Style.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 12. Apr 06, 09:41

Try this: (I suppose you have your first ~20 mio cr so you can afford to loose some)
Take one of your (eventually half-damaged) captured ships and put it on "protect ..." a Goner Ranger. He will travel for hours/days/ever ;) through the universe. Sooner or later he will be attacked by the Xenon (Kha'ak is less probable). Your ship will actively try to save the Goner and will perish. But the Goners should be thankful - and improve your reputation.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 03:57

Renegade 13 wrote:What we need are for Goner assassination missions to be available at the BBS, just like for the other main factions you interact with on a regular basis.

"We need you to kill a mad Goner priest who has denounced the faith! We'll give you $500,000 Cr and raise your rep with the honorable Goner's!"
funny, the assassins guild does exactly that :P
u can get goner missions from terracorp and the goner temple which will incerase ur rep with the goners

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 05:03

zazie wrote:Try this: (I suppose you have your first ~20 mio cr so you can afford to loose some)
Take one of your (eventually half-damaged) captured ships and put it on "protect ..." a Goner Ranger. He will travel for hours/days/ever ;) through the universe. Sooner or later he will be attacked by the Xenon (Kha'ak is less probable). Your ship will actively try to save the Goner and will perish. But the Goners should be thankful - and improve your reputation.
I do not believe any actions of your ships affect your reputation unless you are piloting them yourself. In X2 I remember receiving some "Thank you" messages after killing pirates, attacking a freighter. I have not seen it in X3, so I assume it was dropped from the game as many other cool things.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 08:13

No, it was not dropped...you just don't get it for every single kill (this was something people often found irritating because it would override more important messages the computer might have been trying to convey, such as "Incoming missile!").

mejbanfield
x3tc

Post by mejbanfield » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 12:44

following a unkown ufo ina fast ship for a while increases your rep with goners

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”