mobile drill?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

noldo
x3

mobile drill?

Post by noldo » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 16:19

ive fitted a mobile drill kit and ore collector to my mammoth but how do i use it?
Its better to be pi**ed off than pi**ed on!

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 16:26

In X2 you targetted the ateroid you wanted to break and let autopilot get you exactly the right distance for the drill to work. Switch off autopilot when you come to a halt and fire away. That said it only worked as sweet if you had a front drill, else you had to spin the ship 'til the drill faced the rock.
Also in X3 think you need to keep firing untill the rock can be collected using a frieghter (TS) with the ore collector on, probably with special command software to 'collect objects in sector'

Luck. :wink:
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

noldo
x3

Post by noldo » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 22:18

Tw122le wrote:In X2 you targetted the ateroid you wanted to break and let autopilot get you exactly the right distance for the drill to work. Switch off autopilot when you come to a halt and fire away. That said it only worked as sweet if you had a front drill, else you had to spin the ship 'til the drill faced the rock.
Also in X3 think you need to keep firing untill the rock can be collected using a frieghter (TS) with the ore collector on, probably with special command software to 'collect objects in sector'

thnx m8 ill try the auto pilot but how do i fire as its all turrets on a mammoth and ive got the drill fitted to 1 of the front ones?

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 23:28

There are a couple of good mobile mining guides available in the forums.

First off, as the mammoth is so slow, you might be better off sticking it in a Teladi Vulture, i think mine is, but thats rear turret mounted. I think the caiman lets it be front turret mounted.

Also, if you are in the sector, whatever ship you send to pick up rocks, will probably crash into an asteriod. If you are Out Of Sector, it will not.

Breaking up the asteriods can also be done with laser fire and missiles, hornets and thunderbolts, depending on size, certainly, once hit by one mobile mining shot, lasers will take care of the rest.

To while time away, I spend an odd hour shooting asteriods from my Nova Raider, then do some biz OOS, whilst my frieghters collect the ore.

Mobile mining can be tedious, so don't forget youi can also bung mines onto the asteriods direct.
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 11:08

To move into a turret press F1, that should put you in the front turret on the Mammoth, pressing F1 will move you onto the next turret. To return directly to the cockpit/flight deck hold F1 and it'll go straight there. To swap to different guns use the same keys as in normal cockpit gun swapping. Or if it doesn't show because its installed elsewhere, press Enter, Ship, Weapons and switch it out of wherever its at.

X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

noldo
x3

Post by noldo » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 11:48

thnx m8 im sorted now :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”