Raijin Sentinal with PBE

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rtd
x3tc

Raijin Sentinal with PBE

Post by rtd » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 19:27

Hi, I had a captured Raijun Sentinal at the end of the plot. I also had a Raijin Raider. I repaired the raider and used it a bit, 2x25MJ shields and a good speed of 477. It was not bad but it only takes BIREs and the Laser Generator is so slow that it runs out of power very quickly, and the Sheild recharge is abysmal.

I thought that I would try out the Sentinal, This has 4x25Mj Shields and only does 145 so I was thinking it would be too slow. I then noticed that it takes PBEs. I set it up with two of these and then went pirae hunting. It takes a long time to catch them but one you get up close the PBEs are so fast it is virtually a straight shot and they rip through the shields like a knife through butter. The hull takes a bit longer but that should be good for capping. You need to roll and strafe to stop getting hit and dodge missiles, but with 100MJ shields you can take a nuber of hits without too much worry.

I still seem to have some Yaki in my game so I think I will try to cap a few more. They both have excellent shields, so should be excellent for wing-men if you can get a fleet.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 23:15

If its like mine, you can also fit a jumpdrive to the Raider. Great for taxi missions. ;)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:34

I take its the M5 raijin cuse I have the M4 with PBEs best caping a khak buster ive flown. Swats Km5s like flies

I got the stock M5 which ill fix up but your right although the sheild capacity is huge for the class there sheild gens aint to much better.

Dont get too coy though my M4 raider only got 50Mj of shilds but i single volly of AHEPT or a sray misile can do some real damage!
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”