X-online

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hedg70
x4

X-online

Post by hedg70 » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 21:04

hello all i havent been on these forums for ages and havent posted in about 2yrs or more (i think) but i still have every X game out! i know you have proberly given up on answering this question over the years but still i dont see anything new on X-online it was due for release in 1997 i belive then 1999 and then 2005 and now its 2006.. still nothing is it ever going to be released?

many thanks..

btw i do have x3 but the pc i play it on runs it at like 10fps so i stick to X2 still :) i love it.. cant wait to upgrade to play X3 and i cant wait till X3 is made iv tried Eve Online but that sucks so any body know of any other ame worth looking at?

and lastly.. any good scripts for x2 where i can set my fighters to patrol certan sectors?

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 21:13

You can download the all in one bonus pack.Here
That includes in-sector and multi-sector patrols.

Luck. :wink:
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

hedg70
x4

Post by hedg70 » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 21:49

thank you very much matey i just been looking for most of the scripts lots to search thru

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 22:25

X Online is a game that is a cocept for now until Egosoft find someone to support it will take time lots of time :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 23:57

I think the X-Online home page needs a script which once a month or so adds a news item "As of <date> there is STILL no news about X-Online. But keep coming back! We WILL post any news that happens - one day!" :p
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

esd
x3tc

Re: X-online

Post by esd » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 00:17

hedg70 wrote:it was due for release in 1997 i belive then 1999 and then 2005 and now its 2006.. still nothing is it ever going to be released?
I'd love to know where you got those dates from, because nothing is known as yet. XOU is in the pre-pre-pre-pre-(insert lots of "pre-"'s and you'll get the idea)-pre-alpha stage and has a guessed ETA (By no-one in particular) of somewhere in the region of 2010-2020.

It'll be a while yet.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 03:48

there was never any dates released for XOU
except for the guess of roughtly 15-20 years time :P
but that was more by fans than anything remotly offical

bacman
x2

re

Post by bacman » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 10:56

x online even had a website up for some time, the concept was there but the tech was miles away back then and is starting to be avail today.

X online was not "point and click" it's suposed to be just like X (Execpt for the SETA thinguie) on the playability part. well unfortunatley any mmo that is not turn based and dependes on your point and hit skills is VERY lag dependant.

You can play WoW with latencys of 512ms, eve-online with even more than that, not very well thought but its playable.

With xonline you'd need everyone well under 50ms to make stuff work. Above that you'd spend your time shooting ships that were not realy there :)

As to dates I dont think there was ever an oficial or semi-oficial release date... (its more of a tech thing than anything else).

When fiber opt is availiable in every home, and is cheap, maybe you start seeing these kind of games going above 32 players and entering the MMO stage... before that, its turn based :)

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 11:11

The power of Christ compels thee! Return to the depths from which you arose!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 12:02

Every few weeks someone comes on here and says "wow! this would make a great online-multiplayer game"

And the usual response is " yes but most of us do not have the rigs to support it " or " the role out in technology is not good enough yet".

Just do a search of this years threads and you will see all the technical reasons why it is not possible yet.

Eve - online has many weaknesses. It also has a number of "bully" players.These problems have to be solved before X can go on-line.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 12:17

Attempting a resurrection high score? No thanks.

Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”