AEGIS for X2 - Manual

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

the_harper
x3tc

AEGIS for X2 - Manual

Post by the_harper » Wed, 19. Apr 06, 11:08

I seem to be going in circles on the Egosoft site trying to find a manual for the AEGIS script included in the bonus pack.

The link to the PDF on this page is broken:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=64842

Is there a copy of the PDF anywhere in a working location? Do I really have to wade through a 16 page thread just to find out how it works??

The "FAQ" thread mentions an XML readme. Where do I find this file?

I really don't understand why the documentation for the game is so hard to find.

Rob

PS I just found an XML file for the Bonus plugin in the path [game directory]\description
Of course! Why didn't I think of looking there? :roll:

the_harper
x3tc

Re: AEGIS for X2 - Manual

Post by the_harper » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 08:17

the_harper wrote:Is there a copy of the PDF anywhere in a working location? Do I really have to wade through a 16 page thread just to find out how it works??
Has nobody replied to this because the XML file is the only documentation worth reading? Is ther a copy of the above PDF actively linked anywhere?

Rob

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 11:09

you will have to hope someone has it, i searched my system + backup and found i had no reference to the pdf.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 12:37

The manual is included with the bonus pack and a link to it is put in the start menu (Programs) when the b-pack is installed.

You find the AEGIS manual in it.

the_harper
x3tc

Post by the_harper » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 12:13

NavaCorp wrote:The manual is included with the bonus pack and a link to it is put in the start menu (Programs) when the b-pack is installed.
You find the AEGIS manual in it.
OK, so the XML file I mentioned earlier is the only manual. Could I suggest updating the information in the FAQ so it refers to the Bonus Pack location rather than a broken link to a PDF?

Rob

the_harper
x3tc

Post by the_harper » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 12:14

LV wrote:you will have to hope someone has it, i searched my system + backup and found i had no reference to the pdf.
Thanks for looking, anyhow. :)

Rob

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 04:38

First,let me say how lucky you are Harper.This is the first time I've been to the forums in two or three monthes.I have a manual for an earlier version(3.0 but still after it was signed).Problem is that it's hard copy.If you want,pm me your Email and I'll scan it and send it to you.
I'm problably the only one who prints out readme's AND saves them :D

the_harper
x3tc

Post by the_harper » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 10:13

Stonerkrieg wrote:First,let me say how lucky you are Harper.This is the first time I've been to the forums in two or three monthes.I have a manual for an earlier version(3.0 but still after it was signed).Problem is that it's hard copy.If you want,pm me your Email and I'll scan it and send it to you.
I'm problably the only one who prints out readme's AND saves them :D
Hi Stonerkrieg (is that like going into battle on drugs?)! Thanks for the offer but I can save you the scanning. Twi22le sent me the version 3 PDF by email. I'm just trying to decide whether to put it on my website for others - I'd presumably have to track down the author and ask his permission.

Again, thanks for the offer - I really appreciate it!

Rob

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 02:40

Ha!!Someone finally figured out my name. :lol: I've been using it online for over 10 years and you're the first.
Well...the first to say anything :roll:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”