AEGIS weapon system - x2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

John McG
x4

AEGIS weapon system - x2

Post by John McG » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 09:46

Can anyone tell me anything about the AEGIS weapon system costing around 54 million credits?
Has anyone purchased it?
Is it worth saving up for?
Thanks

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 10:20

download the bonus pack and there is a folder called descriptions which will have a full readme for Aegis

here is a snip ~

Code: Select all

The Hired Gunnery Crews plugin is an advanced turret combat script that is built on a simulation of adding live personnel to crew your ships. It adds a new ship upgrade, called the "AEGIS Weapon System", and a total of four new commands for combat and combat support 

• "Gunnery Crew: Action Stations" turret menu command - the main feature of this plugin, this command is for serious combat. Available on any ship with a turret as long as there are enough crew, with extra features when the AEGIS Weapon System is also installed. 

• "Gunnery Crew: Maximize Captures" turret menu command - when you want to capture rather than kill, this command tells your crew to "tone it down" a little to give the enemy time to consider their mortality. This system requires the extra real-time target monitoring capabilities of the AEGIS Weapon System in conjunction with your crew. 

• "Gunnery Crew: Missile Defense" additional ship commands menu command - Available after the purchase of the AEGIS Weapon System, this command gives you long-range missile defense through the use of the Mosquito as a counter-missile. 

• "Gunnery Crew: Missile Assault" additional ship commands menu command - Also available after the purchase of the AEGIS Weapon System, this command gives you both the ability to destroy large groups of small fighters, and the ability to issue challenge to larger ships. 

Attention: This plugin also improves the behaviour of turrets on AI ships!
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

John McG
x4

bonus pack

Post by John McG » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 10:31

where do I get the bonus pack?
Thanks

the_harper
x3tc

Re: AEGIS weapon system - x2

Post by the_harper » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 12:31

John McG wrote:Can anyone tell me anything about the AEGIS weapon system costing around 54 million credits?
Has anyone purchased it? Is it worth saving up for?
Thanks
I posted a thread elsewhere recently looking for the manual. Have a look under "AEGIS/Gunnery" in the FAQ. I've bought it, but I can't use it yet because I haven't found enough military personnel - I've docked in front of transports carrying 100, but when they appear in the trading menu there's only ever 1 to 4. So it's very slow to get enough personnel for an M2.

Apparently you can use military personnel without AEGIS and it will provide some advantages, but you need AEGIS to get the most benefit.

The addition of AEGIS to an Oddyseus is apparently impressive to see. The gunnery crews will use GPSG to knock out enemy shields then switch to GPPC to finish the job. You can also set them to maximise captures.

I've yet to see it in action, but there seems to be a lot of potential if you have an M2. Anything with turrets will see improved performance though - even a Nova.

Rob

PS As was mentioned in the other thread, the manual for AEGIS is in the readme for the bonus pack, and there is a shortcut in the start menu for it.

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 17:56

Did the old buy 10 ships and equip trick when a Military Transport docked in OL, trouble was it dropped 96 off so I got 960, oops :o Never mind, the manual says 10 per turret + 30 support for an M2 so thats 90, and 5 per turret + 20 support for an M1 so thats another 50. You can use gunnery crews before you get the full number as long as you have a turret plus support crew's worth. So the Read Me says. Well you could try and see maybe.
Aegis gives you the capture option, but I've only got a Nemesis and a Hydra to show so far. Killing is another matter ( though Ive not tried without Aegis to see if it differs ) head-on passes at formations of 5 M6 usually don't leave much left and the intelligent weapon switching saves on friendly fire a lot ( not totally mind ) plus the gun fire rate seems quicker for action stations and slower for maximise captures. Aegis also adds missile defence and missile assault, haven't tried assault but defence works given that the missile could be shot down anyway.

Just bear in mind if you need 90 crew for an M2 at 3 cargo space each = 270 plus options of guns, JD and e-cells you need to plan your ship and it equipment well. It makes a Goner ship almost essential for supply and missile collection after any fight.

Edit. Add a Osprey to the caps. :)
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

jlehtone
x4

Re: AEGIS weapon system - x2

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 13:45

the_harper wrote:Apparently you can use military personnel without AEGIS and it will provide some advantages, but you need AEGIS to get the most benefit.
Personnel without AEGIS is great. Made my Dragon a killing machine. Did the same with Oddy too.

AEGIS supposedly uses light guns to turn the turrets towards new target quicker. No big difference in that (with Oddy :roll: ). They should be able to shoot at ship, quickly to blast a missile, and continue on the original target too.

Tried the Maximize captures -- once. It chose to PSG near friendlies ...

But the crew alone is just great, without the price tag. Close in to Khaak/Xenon capital. Turrets open fire with GPPC (range), switch to PSG for shield stripping, and then drop back to PPC for hull piercing.

If you would get very close to the bigship target you would see GHEPT fire (assuming you have room for all the guns). For some odd reason the Oddy never seems to get that close to a target. Nothing wrong with the Oddy, but the targets tend to die out before that. :wink:

Personnel is not only hard to find, but will leave, if you have too many on board. Keeping 960 needs a fleet. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

the_harper
x3tc

Re: bonus pack

Post by the_harper » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 03:15

John McG wrote:where do I get the bonus pack?
Thanks
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x2/bonus_en.php

It is X2 you're talking about isn't it? I notice you have a blue tick which normally means you have a licensed version of X3?

Rob

the_harper
x3tc

Post by the_harper » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 03:20

Tw122le wrote:Did the old buy 10 ships and equip trick when a Military Transport docked in OL, trouble was it dropped 96 off so I got 960, oops :o
Strange. I followed a transport which freight scanning told me had 100 personnel on board, docked before it, but when they came up in the trading list there were only 4.
Aegis also adds missile defence and missile assault, haven't tried assault but defence works given that the missile could be shot down anyway.
Mosquito missile defence is available in the Bonus Pack without AEGIS.
Just bear in mind if you need 90 crew for an M2 at 3 cargo space each = 270 plus options of guns, JD and e-cells you need to plan your ship and it equipment well. It makes a Goner ship almost essential for supply and missile collection after any fight.
How do you get a Goner ship without capturing one? :? I've avoided attacking friendlies to maintain rank. But then I'm not playing the part of a pirate. :D

Rob

PS Many thanks for the AEGIS PDF, Tw122le. I might see if I can host it on my website.

PPS Any ship that can carry size L cargo can carry military personnel. I went to the expense of buying a TP when one of my TS or even M3's could have done it. :shock:

John McG
x4

AEGIS weapon system - x2

Post by John McG » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 08:49

Yes I was talking about X2, but I have now found the information about AEGIS, I didn't realise that I had it. It was in a 46 page document I got with my bonus pack, I just hadn't read it all.
Thanks

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 09:35

the_harper wrote:How do you get a Goner ship without capturing one? :?
Maybe he tells the good news. :roll: Capturing or scripts.

Orinoco is the next best option. 374 cargo units. And a TS full of ECells and jumpdrive (and transporter device in M2) at standby is good to have too.

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 22:03

:goner: Best cockpit layout/vision of all ships and does it have bleedin' gun,:evil: or decent missiles wot goes BANG :twisted: Nah!

Seems as long as you don't kill them your rank doesn't suffer, no extra scripts used here, we're 1.4 thank you; don't want a 'modified' tag. :goner:

Mosquito anti-ballistic missile defence is small ship based? small?

Don't you think I was surprised when 96 jokers bailed out of that TP, just don't try holding them, if you have to then fill all your M1,2,6 combat ships that seems to retain them better.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 08:10

The documentation explains how many crew members are needed to operate each ship (turret). Then it also points out that hoarding more in one ship will result in them occasionally leaving. There is a small margin over the required amount that does not leave. Not difficult to find from the script code. :wink:

the_harper
x3tc

Post by the_harper » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 10:23

jlehtone wrote:
the_harper wrote:How do you get a Goner ship without capturing one? :?
Maybe he tells the good news. :roll:
Maybe that's why they have no guns? They just open comms on all channels and bore everyone to death? :o
Capturing or scripts.
Ah. I didn't want to risk losing rep with the Goner (no more insurance) so I never tried capping one. I presume the UFO is uncappable. :wink:
Orinoco is the next best option. 374 cargo units. And a TS full of ECells and jumpdrive (and transporter device in M2) at standby is good to have too.
Ah, I have an Orinoco as a defense ship for my TL. I also have a pirate ship with jumpdrive and transporter device as a tender.
Tw122le wrote:Mosquito anti-ballistic missile defence is small ship based? small?
First ship I tried it in was a Nova. :roll: Oh, yeah - that was the only ship.

Rob

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 20:55

:goner: Sorry, no can capture the UFO :thumb_down: :goner:

That goes bang very easily, suggests minimal shields and a loss of rep with the Goner.
As always saves help you check things out.:P
Pity life doesn't allow that leeway too. :(

the_harper
x3tc

Post by the_harper » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 09:39

Tw122le wrote::goner: Sorry, no can capture the UFO :thumb_down: :goner:
That goes bang very easily, suggests minimal shields and a loss of rep with the Goner. As always saves help you check things out.:P
Pity life doesn't allow that leeway too. :(
Yes, reload from save would be handy in life sometimes - but would you really like to live inside "Groundhog Day"? :D

I'll have to go wandering in my Pegasus and try to get a close screenshot of a UFO. I'd only seen them at great distance.

Rob

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”