Exotic Bug: Gamma Kyon & Asteroid fragment

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ragamer
x4

Exotic Bug: Gamma Kyon & Asteroid fragment

Post by ragamer » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 15:10

This one was really weird.

Malfunction: Gamma Kyon shooted from a turret do not damage an asteroid fragment.

Setup: Modded Split Elephant that allows A/B/G Kyon mounted in it's four turrets... The 4 turrets were executing a custom script that makes them shoot asteroid fragments WITHOUT collectible rocks (the script itself does nothing fancy... it uses "fire turret $turretid at $target" command). The TL was parked in the middle of a debris field in President's End (the debris field was manually created after using the drilling laser on one silicon asteroid)

Details: After been shooting a while (1 or 2 hours, different fragments), one turret stays shooting the same fragment forever. Closer inspection confirms the beam crossing the fragment model but the asteroid never explodes nor blocks the beam. Switching to a BPPC on the same turret & same target, destroyed the asteroid normally (the bullets hitted it)

Additional info: I have been using A/B Kyons on the same field and nothing like this happened... It seems to only affect G Kyons, and ONLY on big fragments. I haven't tested if this happens against other targets like ships or stations.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 12:41

Can we see a copy of that script? Would be helpful for nuts like me who wander into rock fields to make kibble (collectable) rocks for my auto collectors without having to shoot them myself. (ie. put it on a centaur and drive through at about 10m/s)

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 14:49

This is tech support so I don't want to spam, but I already sent to moggy2's hotmail account an email with the suit of scripts I use on my mining operations... If you want I can send you the .rar also, but you don't have an email on your profile. Anyway they are rough scripts so to be able to use them you need to incorporate them into your own init scripts, and above everything else they do not contain the failsafe meassures a public script should carry... So use them at your own risk.

...Your plans are correct, the centaurs are very nice to see, shooting like mad AHEPT on dense fields :-).

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 21:42

Actually, I was thinking bIRE. Less destruction of the kibble already there. bPAC's would work too.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 09:38

Ok, should have email link working now. :D

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 16:05

something similair ..
try hitting a station from your pers. ship ....

1/2 the time it *seems* the game doesnt recognize you firing at it (even tho you see the impacts on the station)
(btw .. happens with any gun..)

G

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 27. Apr 06, 09:13

I think Ragamer is in for a shock when he gets a copy of his scripts back from me. :D

Kind of went overboard, and the results are, 'intesting', to say the least.

Did testing in Herron's with a Kha'ak Destroyer firing gK's. Let's just say, anything they shot at went BOOM!

Unless the gK's were missing that badly (and they do miss on occasion), or you encountered 'SuperRock' till you hit it with the kryptonite bPPC. :twisted:

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”