SQUASH Mines....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

devils-advocate

SQUASH Mines....

Post by devils-advocate » Mon, 1. May 06, 11:55

Hey,

im trying to get the free mamba raider. I know thre are squash mines all around it and that you need to come up towards it from directly below.

So i do this, it works fine get the mamba raider, only for it too be destroyed by pirates as i try to leave.

Do exactly the same thing, this time the squash mines detonate and i get killed.

Same again get the mamba but then the mines detonate destroying it.

Now i just keep getting blown up by them be4 i can get to the mamba.

My question is, what am i doing wrong, and does ne1 else get really annoyed by the fact that you cant see them?

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Mon, 1. May 06, 12:01

They are realy hard to see but just keep trying. i also had to try i several times maybi u can use salvage insurence to reload faster at ur position.

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Mon, 1. May 06, 12:14

Press t to target nearest enemy, mines will be detected as you approach them.

As you say, its easier to approach the mamba by flying ‘under’ it and then coming up to claim it, thereby avoiding the mines.

Also can use transporter device to beam over jumpdrive, ecells, yourself, get out quick, forget about the buster, worth diddly, send it into the void, go get it later when you have the firepower.

As for pirates, you just have to be quick, or take along some missiles and spam them first, the buster isn't good enough to take them on.

Enzo21
x3

Post by Enzo21 » Mon, 1. May 06, 12:37

I also found that flying straight over the top about 5 km above and 5 km away from the direction of the large asteroid, then turning and approaching it at the same level gets you in close without detonating the mines. Also Approach slowly. once your in the Mamba leave just as slowly untill your a couple of km from where you cap it, following the same path you took to get to it. Then get the hell outta their with your buster set to protect you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”