Tour. Too few space in cargo in my TP?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ezra-r
x4

Tour. Too few space in cargo in my TP?

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 6. May 06, 01:28

I just saw in the BBS an offer for a "Tour of a Lifetime" mission. So I bought a Iguana in the shipyard in the same system, that has a max and not upradable 450 cargo units of space..

When I ask for the mission, it says my cargo is too full for the mission! Wth? I have bought a TP ship what do i need now?

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 6. May 06, 01:32

some TP class ships have a cargo bay of 1000
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 6. May 06, 01:35

I see... maybe this ship is for smaller rides :( Oh well.. i will sell it back I really wanted to try but i guess i will move on. :P

Wolver
x3

Post by Wolver » Sat, 6. May 06, 01:52

Also be sure to buy a TP that can hold L sized containers, as passengers are considered large, but it does not say so in the bbs post and many TP can only hold S containers.

Tigerhawk71
x4

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Sat, 6. May 06, 02:35

TP only good for bunghole. :lol:

Yeah, i dunno what planet Egosoft were on when they made Transport Passengers that can't carry them.. ?
Split alive!... Not for much longer you aren't...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 6. May 06, 07:40

Passengers are also more than 1 cargo slot.

There is a difference between being able to carry passengers, and being able to carry the required number of passengers for a tour mission.

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Sat, 6. May 06, 10:03

In X2 the cargo spaces were:
Slaves - 2S.
Passengers 2L.
Military Personnel - 3L.
VIP's - 4L.
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 6. May 06, 11:01

What was it with Egosoft and missions? They seem to take perverse delight is making them as hard to take as possible.

-Ok any missions on the BBS at this station? No. Again.

-I want to got to station X, but the xenon are chasing me
-Ok i'll take you.
-Listen pal i was looking for someone with some actual skill
-Then why the Hell didn't you SAY that in the advert you moron? Oh and for the record i have over 2000 kills. I'd say that requires some skill don't you?

-We need 24 units of water taking to staion x within 17 minoltas.
-I'll do it they'll fit in my M3s cargo bay and that's an easy run. I'll be done in plenty of time.
-No you can't take this mission. We need someone with an M4 ship.
-Why?
-Because we do. The fact that you could easily do the mission in almost any other ship is irrelevant. We want an M4. Go away.

-Tour transport. passenger want a tour of a lifetime on a passenger liner.
-I'll take them
-No you can't you fool. You don't have enough space.
-That's stupid. 1) You don't state how much i'll need. 2) Passenger trips are booked around the space available on the transport NOT the other way round.

-Supreme overlord master industrialist pilot needed to ship 40 units of wheat to rhymes fact Herrons nebula alpha. We'll pay 32 credits for each unit and a bonus of 4,000cr if you deliver it all on time.
-Why such a stupidly high rank requirement for a mission a complete beginner could do with a reward that's less then pocket change to someone of your desired rank?
-Because we can. Now go away your rank is insufficent and <insert random insult here>

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 6. May 06, 12:02

Nyax wrote: <insert random insult here>
Thats what gets me.

It might have been a joke to the programming team, but I find them highly offensive.

At least in X2 they displayed the rank you needed, so you could avoid clicking on the mission, and thus avoid the insult.

The whole mission thing is a total joke. Kicking the players butt.

I avoid the bbs.

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Sat, 6. May 06, 18:17

apricotslice wrote:The whole mission thing is a total joke. Kicking the players butt.

I avoid the bbs.
If only they had spent a fraction of the time developing the BBS that they spent revamping the graphics it could be a lot better game. I quite like to do BBS missions, they add variety, but things like requiring a specific ship are just pointless and frustrating. Basically all the BBS missions in X3 are identical to X2.
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Sat, 6. May 06, 18:42

apricotslice wrote:
Nyax wrote: <insert random insult here>
Thats what gets me.

It might have been a joke to the programming team, but I find them highly offensive.

At least in X2 they displayed the rank you needed, so you could avoid clicking on the mission, and thus avoid the insult.

The whole mission thing is a total joke. Kicking the players butt.

I avoid the bbs.
I can't quite imagine getiing offended. It seems harmless enough.

On the TP subject, I ran an Iguana as a general-purpose ship in X2 - some capping, some trading, some BBS. Is it not such a bargain in X3?

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 6. May 06, 21:48

Risky wrote:I can't quite imagine getiing offended. It seems harmless enough.
In my case- Offended no. Irritated yes.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 6. May 06, 22:13

The bbs is an exercise in frustration at the moment. You have to click through countless worthless entries to find something useful.

Apparently the expansion will expand the bbs.

If I ever do get mods for my game it'll be to add things like a decent bbs system, so its actually worth using.

That'll be a while though, I'll play till I'm bored with the vanilla game first, then restart with a scripted game (cycrows pack and the sector claiming script most likely)
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

jeffkretz
x3

Post by jeffkretz » Sat, 6. May 06, 22:17

mrbadger wrote:If I ever do get mods for my game it'll be to add things like a decent bbs system, so its actually worth using.
Exactly! I restarted my latest game with all of Cycrow's guild scripts. Now I'm an Assassin, Bounty Hunder, Mercenary and in the Teladi and Argon military.

Intermixed between the regular (and mostly poor) BBS offerings I can always be guaranteed at least one (if not 6) decent BBS mission from one or more of these guilds.

JK
God's Final Message to His Creation:
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”