What the hell is a Yaki?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rob Major
x3

What the hell is a Yaki?!

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 16:00

OK...I thought Yaki were a pirate faction. Yet they are not pirates. They are Yaki. There is no friend/foe setting for them.

Pirates are my enemy, and are always red. Yaki however remain blue, I get no warning they are there, cant keep track of em, and it's pissing me off.

I have an "unknown" listed in my friend/foe settings...wasn't there before. Why is there no Yaki there?!

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Mon, 8. May 06, 16:39

Bus? :roll:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 16:54

Well, gee. Thank you very much for that brilliant and informative response. The only thing less useful than that response is this forum's search feature.

You have over two-thousand posts. Are they all just random words?

BlueRinse
x3

Post by BlueRinse » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:00

Rob Major wrote:Well, gee. Thank you very much for that brilliant and informative response. The only thing less useful than that response is this forum's search feature.

You have over two-thousand posts. Are they all just random words?
haha that made me chuckle. Nice.

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:13

Glad I could be of assistance. Now if only someone else would...

So much for the e-mail notification of replies.

shadowolf03
x2

Post by shadowolf03 » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:18

I think they are more of a storyline faction. Naturally there would be pirate factions that contend against each other.

To the police, they are all the same, so they go under the classification of pirates I guess...
Look beyond yourself and your horizons.

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:24

But they're NOT pirates. Pirates are pirates. Pirates are my enemy. Yaki are not. If all pirates are enemies, and all Yaki are freinds...then No Yaki's are Pirates. See?

I am not talking about an arbitrary name. I am talking about a classification.

Argon is a race. Boron is a race. etc etc. Pirates, too...are a race. Yaki are NOT, as far as I can tell.

My main concern is making the Yaki RED ENEMIES. Pirates ARE. Yaki ARENT.

I am well past the storyline, but BLUE Yaki are still flying around...
Last edited by Rob Major on Mon, 8. May 06, 17:28, edited 2 times in total.

Brand-X
x3

Post by Brand-X » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:25

Not to hijack your thread or anything, but my e-mail notification thing is set to no and I still get an e-mail when someone PMs :?

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:26

Fascinating. Thanks for the email.

Brand-X
x3

Post by Brand-X » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:29

And as to what 'player' said, perhaps that was 'Sub' spelled backwards. :P

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:31

OMFG. Please. PLEASE. STOP. I am beginning to form a very bad opinion of this forum...

11 posts in this thread now, and only ONE made any attempt to answer the question I asked...

BlueRinse
x3

Post by BlueRinse » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:34

Rob Major wrote:OMFG. Please. PLEASE. STOP. I am beginning to form a very bad opinion of this forum...
Come on, you seem like you've got a good sense of humour - can't you spot a wind up when you see one?

On a more serious note, perhaps you have now got good rep with one of the shadier races, so the Yaki's (supposed bad guys) come up as friendly in your HUD?

Spenny
x3

Post by Spenny » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:34

Sweet Jesus, chill out ffs. Less of the :evil: more of the :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:35

11 posts, of which six are yours...

Anyway, while the Yaki may well have a faction setting, I don't think it's exposed in the user interface--you'd need a script to modify it. However, since they're never going to attack your holdings anyway, what benefit do you get from setting them to Enemy?

Rob Major
x3

Post by Rob Major » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:44

Sorry if I'm frustrated, but I get a notification every 20 secs, so I think "Ooooh, an answer" and get here to see irrelevancies.
On a more serious note, perhaps you have now got good rep with one of the shadier races, so the Yaki's (supposed bad guys) come up as friendly in your HUD?
Thanks BlueRinse...but aren't I supposed to be in control of who my friends and foes are, per the friend/foe settings? Yaki are not there, and do not count as pirates.

As far as I have thus far explored, every single ship (and station, and sector) in the universe belongs to a RACE listed in my friend/foe settings (incl. unknown)...except Yaki. I suppose it's unimportant, it's just one of those annoying discrepancies. I want them to show up red, but can't make it happen.

PJknibbs: posted while I posted...I am not lookling for benefits...just understanding.

Spenny
x3

Post by Spenny » Mon, 8. May 06, 17:49

Try scanning them. They may turn red then. I can only guess, cos I haven't completed the plot, but maybe they act like smugglers if scanned and go hostile once they feel threatened.

Brand-X
x3

Post by Brand-X » Mon, 8. May 06, 18:07

All I know about the Yaki is that they Are a pirate faction, but are at odds with the other pirate factions. I see what you mean, tho. They are pirates and so should be treated like pirates by your game.

Maybe it's the 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing.

As PJKNibs said, If they don't attack you, then why sweat it?

Unless you just need more pirates to attack.

Maybe try attacking every one that you see. That might get you a bad rep with them. Don't know if that would be a seperate thing with them tho.
Hmmm ... they do show blue to you when all the other pirates are red.
Last edited by Brand-X on Mon, 8. May 06, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

BlueRinse
x3

Post by BlueRinse » Mon, 8. May 06, 18:10

Rob Major wrote: Thanks BlueRinse...but aren't I supposed to be in control of who my friends and foes are, per the friend/foe settings? Yaki are not there, and do not count as pirates.
Yeh, but what I mean is, for every race, you've got a rating with them, similar to the overall Trade/fighting ratings that you get notified about. You personally can set friend/foe, but they can also react against you for attacking their freighters/helping defend their stations etc.

I've only played the game for 1 day (real time, not game time!) so I'm probably talking out of my arse anyway! lol.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 8. May 06, 18:33

Yaki were mainly a plot race, the same as the terrens which is y you dont have friend and foe settings for them.

it wan't until a later patch that made yaki be active outside the plot.

but then, as they wont attack you, what difference does it really make being able to set them as friend or foe ?

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Mon, 8. May 06, 18:34

I've always found that Yaki stations and in the Yaki home sector itself that they are coded in red. My personal opinion is that it's based on how far through the storyline you are. I've just had to nail several Yaki who were red.
Spoiler
Show
The mission involving the Pleasure complex in Teladi Gain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”