Lottery

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cougar81
x3tc

Lottery

Post by Cougar81 » Thu, 11. May 06, 01:21

Is it still true you cant win the lottery without scripts?

I am running unmodified and havnt played because I didnt think you could win after reading the forums. I'd just like confirmation if someone doesnt mind.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. May 06, 01:27

Try one of these threads.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Thu, 11. May 06, 08:01

impossible to sift through to find a definitive answer. Which is why i asked. From most of these threads, it appears the lottery is unwinnable without using a modified lottery. My first guess given the above answer is that yes, the lottery *is* near unwinnable and unless im prepared to use a script I shouldnt play. Thus the quandary because if you dont play you dont win...

sigh. so much for an easy answer.

Tigerhawk71
x4

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Thu, 11. May 06, 08:29

No, you can't. don't waste your money. Your chances of winning are less than winning the real lottery
Split alive!... Not for much longer you aren't...

toujour
x3

Post by toujour » Thu, 11. May 06, 08:38

True, if you think you can win the X3 lottery, just quit X3, go buy yourself a lottery ticket in real life, cash in the jackpot, and now you have the rest of your life to play X3, X4, X5, X6, ... but that was only IF :cry:
Last edited by toujour on Thu, 11. May 06, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Thu, 11. May 06, 09:00

It possible to win the lottery...like someone else pointed out though, the odds are Extreme to say the least.

I think someone worked out the odds of wining the lottery in X²...and IRC its the same for X³ if not harder or even non-exsistant.

The only way to make large sums of money is towork at it.

Cheers
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

Paajtor
x3

Post by Paajtor » Thu, 11. May 06, 15:21

First time I tried, I won... :o
2nd time, I lost, and kept loosing.

I quit, after I spend all the profitsss from the 1st deal.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 11. May 06, 15:24

Warchild wrote:It possible to win the lottery...like someone else pointed out though, the odds are Extreme to say the least.
No it's not. The winnings won't fit in your account.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. May 06, 15:38

Cougar81 wrote:impossible to sift through to find a definitive answer. Which is why i asked.
There's a good reason for that: no definitive answer has ever officially been given. Lots of people have calculated that the odds are so small that no-one is likely to have won yet anyway, and various other people have pointed out reasons (such as the maximum size of the account) which suggest that it might not even be possible to win. The only thing that is known for sure is that no-one has ever provided proof that they have won the lottery using an unmodified game.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 11. May 06, 16:13

CBJ wrote:
Cougar81 wrote:impossible to sift through to find a definitive answer. Which is why i asked.
There's a good reason for that: no definitive answer has ever officially been given. Lots of people have calculated that the odds are so small that no-one is likely to have won yet anyway, and various other people have pointed out reasons (such as the maximum size of the account) which suggest that it might not even be possible to win. The only thing that is known for sure is that no-one has ever provided proof that they have won the lottery using an unmodified game.
You boys/girls at Egosoft sure are tight-lipped, but then again I guess if you answered every question that anyone asked about how these things worked, there'd be very little mystery to the game.
My theory is that you made the lottery winnable but gave it some very extreme odds, and I reckon you are all waiting for someone to win it.
And when they do win it, I reckon that bottle of 50 year old whiskey will be taken out of the locked drink cabinet, and there will be merryment in the halls of Egosoft.

C'mon I'm hitting close to the mark right? :D
You know if you let us know that it was definately possible, maybe more ppl would play it, then you could be sipping that fine Whiskey a little sooner.

---EDIT---
In response to esd, maybe it will just max out your account and in the message they sent you it might say
"In accordance with commonwealth law, which states no individual is allowed to own more than xxxCr, we have paid you xxxCr to take you to that limit and donated the rest of the money to the Boron orphan fund on your behalf"
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 11. May 06, 16:25

nirwin wrote: My theory is that you made the lottery winnable but gave it some very extreme odds, and I reckon you are all waiting for someone to win it.
And when they do win it, I reckon that bottle of 50 year old whiskey will be taken out of the locked drink cabinet, and there will be merryment in the halls of Egosoft.
That reminds me of a time, way back in the day, when there was a prize of a crate of Champaign for the first person to complete Manic Miner.

I tried and tried, but that durn game just beat me every time. I have the win32 port and it's still too hard for me.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Thu, 11. May 06, 18:29

CBJ wrote: The only thing that is known for sure is that no-one has ever provided proof that they have won the lottery using an unmodified game.

Now that answer I can live with.

Thanks for the help :)

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Thu, 11. May 06, 23:06

Somebody's bound to win it, just keep buying the tickets.

As implied, there will be proof when it is won. Maybe a week at egosoft, all coffees paid for, for instance.
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Paajtor
x3

Post by Paajtor » Fri, 12. May 06, 09:35

Paajtor wrote:First time I tried, I won... :o
2nd time, I lost, and kept loosing.

I quit, after I spend all the profitsss from the 1st deal.
Oops, I posted to quickly, without thinking...I was referring to some game of cards, that I found on a BBS somewhere. :oops:

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Fri, 12. May 06, 20:51

for all intents and purposes, it isnt possible. dont try, save your money and play the game instead
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Fri, 12. May 06, 21:31

you got to be in it to win it. :D

LarBear
x3

Post by LarBear » Sat, 27. May 06, 22:03

esd wrote:
Warchild wrote:It possible to win the lottery...like someone else pointed out though, the odds are Extreme to say the least.
No it's not. The winnings won't fit in your account.
I agree with esd.

If you actually did win the 50 trillion, it would probably freeze your game, fry your computer and possibly even burn your house down. Maybe you should by lottery insurance? :?

herocrafter
x4

Post by herocrafter » Mon, 29. May 06, 02:59

Poor odds doesn't make it unwinable, just unlikely. Just because no one has won doesn't make it unwinable. One thing is for sure and thats if don't play you won't win. :P

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Mon, 29. May 06, 07:29

arent he odds like a trillion to 1 that u will win, that measn u could play x3 for the next 10000 years and still not win :shock: :shock: , lol if sumone does win tho i bet egosoft sends u a big check and a plaque and maybe some sort of comment on their website saying so and so is the luckiest SoB in the world

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Mon, 29. May 06, 10:04

don't know about the huge check, maybe it'll unlock a dreadnought though, with a zillion guns so you can invade khaaks ectors with one ship and annihilate. that'd be good. :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”