where have you found tractor beams?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

where have you found tractor beams?

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 01:06

I just searched every sector in the game (literally) It took hours, and I didn't find a single tractor beam.
I really want one, as I want to build a mega complex in a sector that will require moving Mines around.

Can those of you who have one say where you got it? I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd like to know.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Lazirus95
x3

Post by Lazirus95 » Fri, 12. May 06, 01:24

I've checked the sectors mentioned in other topics such as:
Spoiler
Show
Tharkas Son
Cho's Defeat
Preacher's Void
Duke's Vision
Yet, none of them have any tractor beams in stock or fab stations. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to find a mod that forces them to be in although I don't like fooling with them.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 01:27

those are empty of tractor beams or fabs for me too
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

dr del
x3tc

Post by dr del » Fri, 12. May 06, 01:39

Hi,

In my game the only place I could find any was ;
Spoiler
Show
In the factory in dukes vision.
Any one know why the god engine hates them so much?

dr del

Lazirus95
x3

Post by Lazirus95 » Fri, 12. May 06, 02:41

Hey guys. I did some investigating and found this:

Xylaan wrote:I had the same problem, so I made Tractor Beam Recreator

You have to use Cycrow's Script installer to install. Once installed, open up the script editor, and run TBF.recreate.defaults.

This checks to see if there is a Split/Paranid Tractor Beam Factory in the appropriate sectors, and if not, creates new ones. It then adds some resources to the station, as well a single Tractor Beam.

Currently, it doesn't use any Text Files or Command numbers.

After you install Cycrow's Script Installer, open it up and select the tractor beam spk file from wherever you downloaded it to. After you install that, rename your pilot "Thereshallbewings" and open your command console using shift+c. [NOTE= when you change your pilot's name to "Thereshallbewings" it won't actually change your name, this will let your know you entered the name correctly. Be sure to capitalize the "T" also] Next scroll down to the script editor and run it. Then scoll to the bottom of commands and highlight the TBF.recreate.defaults and press "r", "enter", "enter." Finally exit out of the script editor and you should find the fabs where they were originally placed.

[NOTE= Although the newest patch introduced tractor beams, those who have been playing on the 1.4 patch for an extended period of time are finding that tractor beams cease to exist in their game. Those who have just applied the patch or have devoted relatively little time playing with the patch have a higher chance of still having tractor beam fabs in their game. Those unfortunate enough to have lost all tractor beam fabs in their game are excellent candidates for this script. This script has extremely little chance to conflict with other scripts and save games since it merely respawns the fabs in a one time operation. Problems could arise if you have built factories in the same spots that the tractor beam fabs used to exist. Since there are only 4-5 sectors that have these fabs, there is little chance that you have done so.]

The original thread discussing this can be found here

If anything needs more clarification just ask!

:D
Last edited by Lazirus95 on Fri, 12. May 06, 03:58, edited 3 times in total.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 02:46

I've been trying to avoid scripts though.

Mind you, the rubbish bbs has meant I've been seriously tempted of late. I'm once again up to over a billion in credits in my new game. Some extra stuff to do would be nice. Cycrows 'expansion pack' will probably end up installed. I have no interest in cheats though, so it's extra's only for me.

Lazirus95
x3

Post by Lazirus95 » Fri, 12. May 06, 02:51

Well it's not really a cheat at all. It's more of a fix. The new patch put tractor beams into the game so players could use them, yet the GOD engines does away with all the fabs as a defect since only the player really wants a tractor beam. This script mearly replaces all the fabs before they were destroyed. I too hate cheating, but I used this since it's not really a cheat. You still have to know where to look and have enough money for a tractor beam. The issue of tractor beam fabs will probably be addressed in the next patch, but for now this script is a hotfix for the problem

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 02:56

I know it's not cheating. I keep looking at the non cheat scripts, and they look interesting. What worries me is whether I might install a script that conflicts with the X3 expansion pack.

However the thought occurs that when it arrives I'll probably restart anyhow

Jeremy Harbottle
x3tc

Post by Jeremy Harbottle » Fri, 12. May 06, 03:05

have you checked the equipment dock in cho's defeat - that had a full stock of 2 in it - although I did have a satellite in that sector and happened to check its trading environment shortly after installing the 1.4 patch

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 03:18

Beleive me, I checked *everywhere*.

By an odd co-incidence I started off in Cho's defeat, purchasing loads of m5's and sending them off to all the EQ docks in the game, to cut down the search time before I started flying through each sector in the game myself. Gotta love that Scorpian raider :-)

Now I have great coverage of all the EQ docks for every other resource, but no tractor beam.

/sigh

Metasynaptic
x3

Post by Metasynaptic » Fri, 12. May 06, 03:21

My game has a fab in Thraka's Sun.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 03:39

Metasynaptic wrote:My game has a fab in Thraka's Sun.
Just went there hoping that I'd missed it, no such luck. The location has to be random, if it's in the game at all.

Metasynaptic
x3

Post by Metasynaptic » Fri, 12. May 06, 03:41

Try the e-dock in Cho's Defeat, if you are looking for jsut the 1.

Lazirus95
x3

Post by Lazirus95 » Fri, 12. May 06, 03:43

Mrbadger, you may be in the same situation that I was in. I had checked every sector in the game only to find that tractor beam fabs didn't exist anymore meaning there wasn't any way of getting a tractor beam. I've updated my previous post on this thread detailing how to put the fabs back in your game. As of now, it's the only way of getting a tractor beam the semi-legit way outside of starting a new game as far as I know.

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Fri, 12. May 06, 03:58

Weird, everyones game seems to be devoid of tractorbeam factories yet I have 5 in my current game..

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 04:05

DrunkenPirate wrote:Weird, everyones game seems to be devoid of tractorbeam factories yet I have 5 in my current game..
Lend us one guv, and a quid for a cup of tea....

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 12. May 06, 04:43

When I was exploring the galaxy first time around, I spotted a Tractor Beam factory in Tharka's Sun. I was in a Nova, which can't mount TB's, but thought I'd buy one for the hell of it, since I was planning some complex's at some indeterminate point in the future and also for the M6 that I'd eventually have.

Good thing I bought that TB at that time, since, as with many others, all the factories are now gone from my universe. I now have a lone tractor beam in my Centaur "Dark Night"... a ship that is permanently docked at the Argon Prime Shipyard, so I don't stand even the slightest chance of having the ship (and thus the only TB in the universe) destroyed! :roll:

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 12. May 06, 05:20

Renegade 13 wrote:When I was exploring the galaxy first time around, I spotted a Tractor Beam factory in Tharka's Sun. I was in a Nova, which can't mount TB's, but thought I'd buy one for the hell of it, since I was planning some complex's at some indeterminate point in the future and also for the M6 that I'd eventually have.

Good thing I bought that TB at that time, since, as with many others, all the factories are now gone from my universe. I now have a lone tractor beam in my Centaur "Dark Night"... a ship that is permanently docked at the Argon Prime Shipyard, so I don't stand even the slightest chance of having the ship (and thus the only TB in the universe) destroyed! :roll:
I saw one tractor beam for sale in the first few days of my new game (restart with 1.4). I couldn't easily afford it at the time, so didn't get it. Stupid really. What I don't get is, who bought it? Ok the fabs are gone, but no-one else uses them. Unless the EQ dock was erased and later replaced by GOD.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Fri, 12. May 06, 06:09

that's the problem. the "free traders" dont buy them, thus GOD removes the factories. This little issue should go under the "gameplay" topic recently posted.

Along with the little UT problem of carrying 10 Meatsteaks..................... damn you UT's.........

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Fri, 12. May 06, 17:50

Heck, even a Tbeam fab for sale would be good. then i could make any tb's i may need. just one in the pnid dock k? :evil:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”