Paranids will make me cheat!!!Help me not to do that!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Apollion

Paranids will make me cheat!!!Help me not to do that!

Post by Apollion » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:05

I've been trying to increase my reputation with them for 2 weeks
and still can't buy an odysseys! :evil:
I have done everything, kill pirates,take assasination missions,st in theyr sectors,complex's in there sectors.NOTHING WORKS!(fast ).
I am 1.5 level before taking m2.
though i make lots of money from the complex's i dont need them any more.
Just wan't to try an ody :cry:
Shoot first! ask later!When hit, Hit back twice the stregnth!

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:26

That's the general problem with all the races, the last 2 ranks till the M2/M1's go veeeerrryyyyyy sloooooooooooowwwwww :P

Patience is the way foward, and if you have all that money, why don't you just build stations and complexes in every single paranid sector in the universe?

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:57

augustini wrote:That's the general problem with all the races, the last 2 ranks till the M2/M1's go veeeerrryyyyyy sloooooooooooowwwwww :P

Patience is the way foward, and if you have all that money, why don't you just build stations and complexes in every single paranid sector in the universe?
By the Oddy then do the plot up where the Parinid hate you and lay waste to thier systems :twisted:

Apollion

Post by Apollion » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:58

no need to have complex's in every sector.
I have 2 complex's in paranid space producing nostrop and stott spices,
paranids always need them.
both have 2 spp's 3 flower farms,3 oil rifine,and the same for stots,
i will grow them bigger.
they are in central sectors(in 3 jumps cover all paranid sectors)
My trading rank increasing very fast.
not my paranid rank.
If i sell caped ships to them how match race rep i get?
Is it worth doing that or should i continiou search for missions?

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Fri, 12. May 06, 16:21

Apollion wrote:no need to have complex's in every sector.
I have 2 complex's in paranid space producing nostrop and stott spices,
paranids always need them.
both have 2 spp's 3 flower farms,3 oil rifine,and the same for stots,
i will grow them bigger.
they are in central sectors(in 3 jumps cover all paranid sectors)
My trading rank increasing very fast.
not my paranid rank.
If i sell caped ships to them how match race rep i get?
Is it worth doing that or should i continiou search for missions?
Selling capped ships will not give you very much (if any) rep.

Missions will give the most rep in one go.

Besides from that, trading is the fastest most stable way of increasing rep without cheating.

That's why i suggested that you build stations in all paranid sectors. It's not because of the credits you will earn, it's because 30 stations in 15 sectors will cover more than a complex in a single sector, thus increasing your race rep accordingly.

Vokmar
x3

Post by Vokmar » Fri, 12. May 06, 16:26

As well as trading you can also set up OOS patrols in paranid space. Novas and falcons Sentinals (or is it vanguard) are good for that sort of thing. About 4 will do. Add an m6 if you're expecting a P patrol.

Apollion

Post by Apollion » Fri, 12. May 06, 16:32

thanks for the remind Vokmar :) .I have patrols in pirate sectors for my freighter to be safe and forget to protect the paranid sectors!
I will start right away!!

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 12. May 06, 17:06

I'm in the same boat as you. I am 13% paranid rep away from getting an Ody. Its slow, long and boring. One area I did where I started to get rep increases with the paranid was go to Heretics End, go to the stations (there are 2 in my game) and get the assasination mission (if its in your game), do the mission, jump out of Heritic End for a few moments and go back in and check the bbs again. Being out of sector will reset the bbs board. By doing this in Heretics End, I got over 30% rep points.
Cardinal Domain and Friars Retreat is another good sectors to get rep points. In Spring of Belief is another good area. What I did in these areas was put advance satelittes in them and kept an eye out and would jump into the sector if I saw pirates.
In the sector left of Emporers Ridge, I got a few Paranid missions. Hope this helps. :)

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 12. May 06, 17:56

I am just 52% away from getting the rank for the split, yesterday whilst docking at a split shipyard one of those little npc ships got splatted by my dragon just as i docked, that little bang took 2% of rank off me. Of couse this caused me to do a re-load, do you know how long it took to get that 2%!!!!

Why is it that it takes so long to get rank but one tiny accident and woosh a disproportionate amount of rank is taken away!

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 12. May 06, 21:58

apogee wrote: Why is it that it takes so long to get rank but one tiny accident and woosh a disproportionate amount of rank is taken away!
I agree with you. Same thing happenned to me the other day. I did not do anything. One of my ships out of sector did something and my paranid rep dropped 2%. I said bullcrap on this and reloaded. It takes too blankety blank blank long to get an rep increase and I'll be blankety blank blank if I'm going to put up with losing 2% rep when I'm 13% away from getting an Ody. I've been sitting at 87% now for 3 days.

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Fri, 12. May 06, 22:07

Well, if you are lucky enough to find an XI mission in getsu, you can always try to clone them (if Ego hasn't 'fixed' that already), and take one after another for the paranid. That should get you the rank you need in no time.

And if you think that that is cheating, you can always get ride of all the credits you earned from the XIs by buying TLs from shipyards, fill them with the most expensive stations you can buy and then send them into xenon sectors. Quickest way to waste money I can think off. It also compensates the xenon for all the greif you caused them as well as giving you the motivation to go and cause the xenon some more suffering with your new oddy. :twisted:
Orange wing misfit Meep Meep

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 13. May 06, 00:47

Hey Playwulf, I think I'll go back to Getsu Fume and try that. If I can get the same mission over and over, I'll do it at this stage. Anything to get my Paranid rep up. I don't consider it cheating. If its in the game "as is", then I'll exploit the heck out of it. I use to not exploit the game because I figured it was going to be fun to get to the point of getting an Ody but after taking out 2 Khaak clusters and an XI mission (almost 20 ships in this one) yesterday in Paranid space and my rep did not go up one bit, I'll do anything (besides scripting) to get the 13% I need. Been playing for 5 and a half months and enough is enough. The fun factor is gone. :twisted:

BoronSticks

Post by BoronSticks » Sat, 13. May 06, 00:53

plawolf wrote:It also compensates the xenon for all the greif you caused them as well as giving you the motivation to go and cause the xenon some more suffering with your new oddy. :twisted:
I like the way he thinks.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 13. May 06, 00:56

plawolf wrote:Well, if you are lucky enough to find an XI mission in getsu, you can always try to clone them (if Ego hasn't 'fixed' that already), and take one after another for the paranid. That should get you the rank you need in no time.
Do you say that Paranids give XI in Getsu Fune? :o
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Vokmar
x3

Post by Vokmar » Sat, 13. May 06, 06:27

I have the same problem with rep drops. It's a pain. I have to leave my TL and wait OOS when my Herc enters a busy core sector.

I remember one instance where my herc mowed down 2 police ships on the way into argon prime. Needless to say they were non too impressed :/

Apollion

Post by Apollion » Sat, 13. May 06, 11:07

Thanks a lot all off you!
How do i clone bbs missions?If there is fight i don't consider it cheat!
Anyway I prefer fighting than trading.Most of my starting money was made through fighting.
I have starting building factories in every paranid sector but still i thing it will take a month through trading.
I am patroling their sectors now but there all are far from xenons and they have the smaller pirate activity than every other race.
If there is a way of taking mission and repeating them i definately wants to do it!

Jeremy Harbottle
x3tc

Post by Jeremy Harbottle » Sat, 13. May 06, 13:29

you could always try building soyfarms/soyeries, which could sell to the paranid soyeries/high tech/weapons factories, which might be quicker to gain reputation with them by trading...

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Sat, 13. May 06, 20:39

jlehtone wrote:
Do you say that Paranids give XI in Getsu Fune? :o
They did the last time I checked, which was a while ago to be fair. Just go to the paranid EQ dock. If there is one in Getsu, then sooner or later all the stations will be advertising it.

plawolf
x3tc

Post by plawolf » Sat, 13. May 06, 20:42

Apollion wrote:Thanks a lot all off you!
How do i clone bbs missions?If there is fight i don't consider it cheat!
Anyway I prefer fighting than trading.Most of my starting money was made through fighting.
I have starting building factories in every paranid sector but still i thing it will take a month through trading.
I am patroling their sectors now but there all are far from xenons and they have the smaller pirate activity than every other race.
If there is a way of taking mission and repeating them i definately wants to do it!
Haven't done it in a long time, so not 100% sure if it still works, but when I did it, all you need to do when you find an XI mission is to wait in sector on SETA. Soon all the stations in sector will be advertising the mission. But after you take one, others will still remain and you can take another. Repeat for as long as you can be bothered.

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Sat, 13. May 06, 21:20

Trading for high rep will take for ever. Fighting is the way.

Something I’ve done in Split space which is steadily improving my rep, can do the same in paranid space, place sector patrols (not multi-sector!) at every border sector leading into/out of paranid space and catch EVERY enemy ship passing through. Simple to do, very efficient, automated rep boost.

What’s frustrating is despite all my efforts my Argon rep is 100 points higher than my split, I’m sure its my dual elephant sector patrol at Elena’s fortune working flat out whacking an endless stream of pirates! Is there anything like this in paranid space, what’s it like below Moo-kyes revenge?

@plawolf: Don't you need to actually view each cloned XI mission for them to remain on the BBS?
Last edited by Alche on Sat, 13. May 06, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”