[SCRIPT] Spacefly Hunting Software V1.01 : Updated 15/05/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 17. May 06, 09:37

I currently have two spacefly hunters and i can tell u that two is enough. Or else u get the prob like cycrow said of not able to sell ur spacefly's.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 17. May 06, 22:04

Thinking out loud here, to use this script effectively in the early game, what's needed is a pair of M3's for hunting and a TS hanging out at any station in a relatively safe sector for collection--or with Xai-NOS in a sector like Elena's Fortune--with 5 pirate bases within 3 jumps (haven't done a survey of which P-bases buy 'flies). Once the TS starts to fill up..you either pilot it yrself for a Smuggler's Guild mission, or send it off to P-bases. Preferably automatically, with a trading script, that would kick in once the hold gets >20% full.

So: any consensus on what a good automated single-ware selling script would be for the TS 'flies tender, to fully automate it? Are there even any trading scripts that would work with this script?

Also: do the 'fly Hunters use their jumpdrives much? How many jumps will they move from the collector ship/station? And how do/will they replenish jump fuel?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. May 06, 22:11

im not certain about the jumpdrives.

i did add in the ability to use jumpdrives and to restore its fuel supplies for the jump, but i've not properly tested that.

they wont use the jumpdrive during the collection process, as they never move more than a few sectors at a time making the jumpdrive not that necessary.

but they will use it when they are dropping off the spaceflies and the distance is high enough, if its only a few sectors they wont bother.

they can also make use of the advanced jumpdrive if you have it installed along with the addon for it.

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Wed, 17. May 06, 22:52

Not noticed if my Barracuda is using his jumpdrive, but he's collected better than 80 spaceflies since I've had this going...works for me. :D
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 05:55

Blast!!!!

I'm trying to run the SpaceFly Script. I have the software installed on a Nova and another on a Vulture. Both have SpaceFly Collectors, and both allow me to select my Carrier as the drop off point... also both have Transporters. However, neither will activate the "Hunt for SpaceFlies" option. I'm lost on this one.

And just to add to the 'HoopLa'... You are good with the scripts Cy... I'm up to about 12 or so; not sure how many are yours... but your name does seem to appear a lot in my Manager :). Great Job!!! I'll be transferring 5,000,000cr to your personal account!!!

Skorne

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 14:04

I must install this. Then just nee to cap an iguana from an Asassins guild job and use them up with a smuggler's guid task :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 15:25

Skorne, you need the spacefly hunting software, the spacefly collector, and the ION distrupter before you can activate the command.

You use the ion distrupter to file at the spaceflies to capture them :)

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 09:42

Because of certain 'Fixes' made in 2.0, this activity can cause the loss of the 'hunter' ship to police action. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 14:58

thats good :)

which is also a shame, coz i had rewritten the police scripts for firelance to scann all ships

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 15:42

The command was in the scan script the cops used. It is, in fact in the same one they scan the player with. But player scanning is scripted differently.

With the fix of that command, the script works fully now. And NPC/AI ships are getting busted. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 15:45

well i made a few more changes, like giving players and races a record and having fines depending on your record, etc

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 01:52

I was never able to get this script to work properly:

My collectors (Makos) collected just fine...but they'd never drop off their cargo to my collection ship (Demeter Miner)..but would instead go dock somewhere, or just float in space when full..

I didn't have the credits for a Trading Station, so could only afford a TS as drop-off point..Tried Caiman also--but no dice.

There was also the issue of collectors flying into hostile territory (I pretty much always play with 2+ races hostile) and getting scragged..

Since I'm experimenting with SK pirato-centric plugins, and seeing just how far "off the grid" I can get, this script'd be perfect as a revenue earner now that I'm friendly with the pirates (but hostile to just about everybody else!)..but not if my collector's go off and get themselves quickly killed.

Perhaps the collectors could be programmed with a similar feature to Moggy's 'set the jump radius' mk3 UT trader script--to keep them out of trouble.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Hieronymos

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 04:19

well there are 3 types of drop of points, and you can of course add as many as you like for the smae ship, it will goto which ever the nearest one is.

you can add either the trade dock or a ship. The ship has to be docked at a station for it to drop off unless you have the hunter equipment with a transporter device.

as for the flying in hostile sectors, i have been working on some navigation scripts that should prevent that, including jumping over hostile sectors, barring sectors from traveling, and not traveling through unexplored space

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 21:30

I had transporter devices on both my Mako hunters and my Dem-Mnr drop ship. But couldn't get it to work.

Adding Moggy's NOS script to the hunters helped keep them safe to some extent, but when they'd wander into a sector swarming with hostiles, it was only a matter of time..

Will try the scriot again, though..as the pirate's life is pretty thin for "honest" income opportunities!

Tritous
x3tc

burners?

Post by Tritous » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 14:39

This could be a godsend linked into your afterburners.

Speed is addictive, oh yes it is. I remember before you did various tweaks to your overtune scrips I had a nemesis flying like an m4....never has there been a more dangerous a ship with a good pilot, it may have cost total more than an m1, but it was more dangerous than an m2 because it had both the guns and the maneuveability. Problem is, with it's cargohold I could never hold enough ecells for the afterburner....
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 15:46

Hiya Cycrow, nice script however is it possible for you to expand the drop off points to include the player HQ as well?

With thanks. :D
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

Alzikar
x3tc

Download links not working

Post by Alzikar » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 14:40

Is there anywhere else to download the spacefly hunting script from? The links from the OP aren't working. :-/

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 5. Sep 08, 22:16

the first post has been updated with working links

atcrulesyou

Does anyone have Cycrow's Spacefly Hunting Software?

Post by atcrulesyou » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 21:45

I was just wondering if anyone has an archived copy of Cycrow's Spacefly Hunting software that I could download. I've talked to Cycrow about it and he doesn't have it anymore, but I figure someone's gotta have it somewhere.

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 23:51

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”