Does somebody has a new map for X3 (like the earth sistem or something like that )

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Clock_Work
x3ap

Does somebody has a new map for X3 (like the earth sistem or something like that )

Post by Clock_Work » Wed, 17. May 06, 23:24

I think it would be cool if somebody had a map besides the X Universe one with new buildings,new weapons,new Resorces,new ships.But i dont think that exists yet. But Egosoft didnt released something new for a month,but that is not so bad because you dont see so many patches in other games,but still.

jeffkretz
x3

Post by jeffkretz » Wed, 17. May 06, 23:37

If you're interested, there are a number of mods being done which can add quite a bit in terms of ships, missions, factions, groups and some maps as well.

You can find them in the X3 Scripts and Modding Forum.

JK
God's Final Message to His Creation:
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 17. May 06, 23:38

Do you mean a 'new' universe with a whole new sector arrangement created by an editor?

Yeah i've long wanted something like that. I don't care much for the current sector arrangements with little clumps of race owned sectors dotted all over the place. I've even drafted out a few on paper, but have never had the time needed to implement it in the galaxt editor.

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Wed, 17. May 06, 23:44

So what are you waiting for.Oh and tell me something about your ideas. :)

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 17. May 06, 23:58

The_Geek wrote:So what are you waiting for.Oh and tell me something about your ideas. :)
Time. I rarely get time to play the game these days, let alone edit it.

The jist of it is that with only one or two exceptions all the sectors belonging to each race are all together in one place. Most races are seperated by one or two unclaimed sectors which act like buffers. THe exceptions to this being friendly races like the Argon and the Boron. Unlike the in game universe where all the race capitals are all at one end of space, the various races capitals are all nearer the 'center' of the map which then extends out in all directions. THere are FAR more unclaimed sectors and these become more numerous the further out from the 'core' sectors you get, eventually leading to a few unexplored sectors.

I still keep the same sectors (Argon prime, Seizewell, Omicron Lyrae, Family Tkr etc.) but have them arranged along the above lines.

One of these days i'll have time to get to grips with the galaxy editor and actually try implementing it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 18. May 06, 00:20

what ur asking for takes quite abit of time to create, so you just have to wait.

however, firelance will pretty much everything ur asking for
it will have a completly unique universe thats nothing like the one in x3, new resoures, ships, races, missions, massive changes to the core of the game

but theres so much work being done for it, its going to take time to finish

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 18. May 06, 06:41

If you'd like more info on the Firelance map to track its progress, you can view my blog at http://www.leetcode.net - information is lacking on finite details since we're trying to keep everything a surprise right up until the end, but it's still more than nothing.. ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”