Spaceflies?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stellar73

Spaceflies?

Post by Stellar73 » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 16:02

was cruising around when noticing there was some pirate ships fighting near space station so i parked my ship and did wait until they all got blasted to pieces and then sucked their cargo up...did get spaceflies..now question is, where i can sell them?

Flashfire
x3tc

Post by Flashfire » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 16:08

Pirate Base.... sell them there... my question is... what do I do with Spacefly Eggs?
Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed... lest the ground come up and smite thee.
www.javafoundry.com/flashfire

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 16:11

Sellthem to a spacefly omelette factory?

Flashfire
x3tc

Post by Flashfire » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 16:22

scribble wrote:Sellthem to a spacefly omelette factory?
LOL! Seriously I carried these things around forever before selling them with a ship yesterday because they sounded expensive but I couldn't sell them anywhere.
Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed... lest the ground come up and smite thee.
www.javafoundry.com/flashfire

Stellar73

Post by Stellar73 » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 16:29

beamed up some hornet and silkworm missiles too but cant install them on my ship?

WeEd

Post by WeEd » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 17:29

Once I've got quite a fortune I'm gonna build a fleet and destroy all the pirates and paranids or whatever they are called,

the paranids use the spaceflies for their engines, and the pirates capture the spaceflies to sell them to the paranids,

I don't wanna see less spaceflies because they are cool creatures to observe in space, sometimes they fly past me with that funny sound, and circling a few times, they are so cool :D

Stellar73

Post by Stellar73 » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 17:40

WeEd wrote:Once I've got quite a fortune I'm gonna build a fleet and destroy all the pirates and paranids or whatever they are called,

the paranids use the spaceflies for their engines, and the pirates capture the spaceflies to sell them to the paranids,

I don't wanna see less spaceflies because they are cool creatures to observe in space, sometimes they fly past me with that funny sound, and circling a few times, they are so cool :D
heheh..and sometimes you hear odd splash when they hit on ship hull :D

Nydes
x2

Post by Nydes » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 17:44

WeEd wrote:Once I've got quite a fortune I'm gonna build a fleet and destroy all the pirates and paranids or whatever they are called,

Im pretty sure its the split who use spaceflies for energy
Nydes - 31Uniform, An Army of One

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 17:49

Nydes wrote:

Im pretty sure its the split who use spaceflies for energy
It is the Split. The Paranid are just the religious right.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

WeEd

Post by WeEd » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 17:49

ah, maybe I'm confusing them ...... I'll dock at a pirate base and see again :P

my bad

Greyhawke

Post by Greyhawke » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 22:02

Heheh, yeah, I've had them fly around my hull too. But don't try to just scoop them up in your cargo bay....I took so much damage doing that :D

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 22:52

Flashfire wrote:... my question is... what do I do with Spacefly Eggs?
Spoiler
Show
Perhaps these spacefly eggs are a rare item and could bring you rewards later in the game? :wink:

I would hang on to them and I also would check some bulletin boards too.
Cheers

bluey222
x3

Post by bluey222 » Wed, 3. Dec 03, 23:46

Doh!

Early in the game, I found a cannister in one of the stations that contained spaceflys (about 25 units of them).

Because I needed the space in my ship, and didn't know where to sell them, and also because they are illegal and I didn't want a bad reputation so early in the game, I ejected them.

Just last night I flew into the Pirate Base in the Ore Mine Sector. And discovered that spaceflys sell for around 3k a unit. Doh. If I had kept them I would have made 75k Doh! Doh! Doh!

Guess I have to keep making money the hard way.

:x

WeEd

Post by WeEd » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 02:41

Darnit! that sig of Commander Jamieson scares me on moments, my speakers out loud and accidental mouse over the flash thingy :P

Grox
x2

Post by Grox » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 03:08

yep gave me quite a fright too...

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 23:21

Commander Jamieson wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Perhaps these spacefly eggs are a rare item and could bring you rewards later in the game? :wink:

I would hang on to them and I also would check some bulletin boards too.
OK, It would be nice to be able to store things at my stations, but I see no way to do this. And it's not a good idea to store things like this on ships, cause they a) need their cargo space for other things, and b) can get destroyed, taking the cargo with it.

So, where can I store things like this that I should "hang on to"?

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 23:31

In a captured ship or small inexpensive ship, parking it in a station as a store room for such items for you.

On a TL, if you have one already.

Etc

Cheers

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”