tempestine is now enemy... any effects?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

etz
x4

tempestine is now enemy... any effects?

Post by etz » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 14:33

Hi. I am sure that this issue already happened to somebody, however I have tried to search for this in the various forums but haven't found anything about it. Also, I am unsure whether this is a bug - i doubt it - so i have posted here. Basically what happened in my game (or what I think happened) is that Tempstine got hit by my ships while dogfighting with pirates and has now become an enemy (red dot). I am unsure whether this has any effects (i can chat with her on the comms with no pbl as usual) but I do not dare getting too close to her as i am afraid my turrets, set to hit all enemies, might annihilate her. Is there some kind of workaround to this? Do enemy vessels get "reset" as game time passes? I think that pirates do go back to "normal" if you don't attack them for a while, but now I have played quite a bit but Tempestine is always red... Thanks for you help. etz

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 15:53

there is only one way to get an enemy to return to a neutral status.

get within the 8km range, comm and say "Sorry, accidental weapons fire. Standing down" if the option is available. if this option is unavailabe stay away from Tempestine because your turrets would attack if set to "attack all enemies"
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 16:10

Did you already try tu jump out of Sector and to come back ? I read in another thread that this helped with accidentally hit and therefore red ships.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 16:43

It's been my experience, jumping out of a sector doesn't do d**k. They'll still hate you, and all your property. As it's been said, the only thing you can *try* is apologizing. Beyond that, you're screwed.

-=Legendary=-
x3tc

Post by -=Legendary=- » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 17:57

This happened to me to.
But i then realized my pirate setting was set to foe.
As tempestine is actually a pirate.

So i set pirate to freind and click send to all reachable properties.then continued with the plot
http://blackjackal21.mybrute.com/

AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core Processor
8 GB DDR2
1 TB HDD
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1024MB
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit with SP1

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 18:55

-=Legendary=- wrote:This happened to me to.
But i then realized my pirate setting was set to foe.
As tempestine is actually a pirate.

So i set pirate to freind and click send to all reachable properties.then continued with the plot
Yep works for me too, it appears that every time i kill a pirate, the friend foe setting will change and she will become red!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”