BPBE Fabs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

solix
x3tc

BPBE Fabs

Post by solix » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 14:19

I can never seem to find any BPBEs in stock at equipment docks and haven't seen to find any BPBE fabs either - anyone know of any sectors with BPBE fabs?

Godalmighty83
x3

Post by Godalmighty83 » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 14:29

ive never known of anty. the single apbs fab in my game dissapeared long ago leaving zero production for either of the models.

are bpbe's any good? i notice they can go on my pythons rear turret and iam looking for some anti-fighter weapons there.
Xtended Mod Player.
Boron Hammerhead Pilot.

solix
x3tc

Post by solix » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 14:36

I have 2 APBE fabs in Cardinal's Domain in my game. PBEs are excellent at tracking and engaging fghters/missiles at short range and have a high rate of fire - BPBEs have increased range over APBEs.

Godalmighty83
x3

Post by Godalmighty83 » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 14:42

more then mass drivers do you know?
Xtended Mod Player.
Boron Hammerhead Pilot.

solix
x3tc

Post by solix » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 14:46

MDs outrange APBEs - I don't know about BPBEs, obviously :)

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 15:07

mass drivers bypass shields and go for hull damage, their shots are slower so they miss regularly. and they take ammo.

BPBE has to go through the shield to get to the hull, but it has great shield damage and so-so hull damage. the velocity on the PBE is astounding it's an instant hit if the enemy is in range and it doesn't take ammo. but it can eat energy quickly.

the MD range is a hair longer than that of the BPBE.

for missile defence i would take the BPBE any day. not sure about the APBE, they're pretty weak.

solix
x3tc

Post by solix » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 15:11

JMCorp? Where do you buy your BPBEs?

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 15:14

JMCorp wrote:mass drivers bypass shields and go for hull damage, their shots are slower so they miss regularly. and they take ammo.
They don't miss any more then most weapons. I find them to be extremely effective.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 15:34

mrbadger wrote:
JMCorp wrote:mass drivers bypass shields and go for hull damage, their shots are slower so they miss regularly. and they take ammo.
They don't miss any more then most weapons. I find them to be extremely effective.
in the turret they miss all the time, in my experience.

solix, in the game i used them regularly in there was a PBE complex in my universe somewhere. paranid space i think.

solix
x3tc

Post by solix » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 15:49

JMCorp wrote:
mrbadger wrote:
in the turret they miss all the time, in my experience.

solix, in the game i used them regularly in there was a PBE complex in my universe somewhere. paranid space i think.
Thanks, as posted earlier I have 2 APBE fabs in Cardinal's Domain in my game but am looking for BPBE forge - let me know if you can remember the location?

Tinky
x4

Post by Tinky » Mon, 19. Jun 06, 00:57

The Boron have a BPBE forge in Barren Shores and a PBE Production Complex in Family Zein and Great reef.

Check out this thread for all this type of stuff.
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=142210

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Mon, 19. Jun 06, 00:58

Depths of Silence, Great Reef & Ocean of Fantasy, also sometimes in Barren Shores

Habadacus
x3tc

Post by Habadacus » Mon, 19. Jun 06, 17:29

Given the fact that the GOD engine will destroy/create factories through the course of the game, I would highly reccommend using Tomcat's Product Finder script to help you locate things you may need:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=123408

Also, here's a tip for preserving important weapon fabs:

Park a captured ship that is capable of carrying the weapon (doesn't need to be able to equip it, just carry it). This may be something you don't need now, but will need in the future, like PBEs. Check in on the factory periodically.

When the AI factory is completely full of the weapon, load as many as you can, and go sell them at an equipment dock that doesn't ordinarily stock them. You'll be able to sell them all, make a great profit, and prevent the GOD engine from seeing the factory as obsolete. I'm not 100% sure thats how the GOD engine works, but I've been able to keep certain exotic weapon fabs running for my whole game doing this.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Mon, 19. Jun 06, 18:25

I have tried PBE on TL craft. It did not seem to be very useful as most fighters have greater weapons range and rarely got close enough to get hit.

I have used this weapon in m3 fighters and it is very entertaining.

A mix of A and BPBE (two of each) will strip a shield in a very short space of time. Great weapon for capping as hull damage is limited.

The Boron Barrcuda Load out 2 x BPBE 2 x APBE 1 x Ion Disruptor (for missile defence) 3 BPAC.

I have yet to try the Mamba with PBE but it is something I mean to try.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

solix
x3tc

Post by solix » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 15:03

Tinky wrote:The Boron have a BPBE forge in Barren Shores and a PBE Production Complex in Family Zein and Great reef.

Check out this thread for all this type of stuff.
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=142210
Thanks Tinky, GOD has spoken in my game and there are none - so I've started my own complex in Rolks Drift. Cheers anyway

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 15:20

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote: I have yet to try the Mamba with PBE but it is something I mean to try.
Mamba + 4xAPBE + 4xAHEPT = :twisted:

Don't use BPBE as they eat energy at a stupid rate conpared to the increase im damage generated by them. 200% energy used for only 50% extra damage, and the range increase isnt noticeable at least for me.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”