MAKE MONEY REALLY EASY!!!!! (spoiler!) (not lottery)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bobioman
x3

MAKE MONEY REALLY EASY!!!!! (spoiler!) (not lottery)

Post by bobioman » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 09:09

This is not the lottery, and not a cheat, I would call more of an exploit, It allows you to safely run your buisiness without having freighters attacked for an indefinite amount of time. (until you decide otherwise)
Spoiler
Show
I have found a way to make money VERY easily. Here is my story, lol.

I started off the game and finished the first two missions. I then attempted to finish the third mission, got blown up by the mines, and went back to a previous saved game. I then proceeded to buy a solar power plant and place it in red light, and try to make money. As i was playing i was seeing the awesome khaak everywhere, but they were busy with the argons. I left seta on overnight to let my frieghters make money for my station, woke up in the morning and my two frieghters were dead, I assumed killed by the khaak, the pirates had never bothered me and i had never bothered them.

Ok, so i'm getting pissed...lost my frieghters, khaak pissin me off, so I go back to a saved game RIGHT after I finished the second mission, buy a solar power plant, place it in red light just like before try to make money etc.etc.etc......I try leaving seta on overnight. Wake up in the morning my freighters are still alive :o !!!!! (and 2 mill credits in the station plus products and resources :D . and best of all NO KHAAK TO BE SEEN ANYWHERE!!!

Currently I am 7 days game time into the game, leaving seta on all the time to make money, and my empire is growing, and I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN ANY KHAAK SHIPS!!!!

This can mean only one thing.....either the appearance of the khaak is totally random (which i highly doubt now), and they can appear later than 7 days in game time. OR that the appearance of the khaak is triggered by trying the third mission.

So here is the summary, lol.

The only difference between the game where the khaak were everywhere and the game where the khaak still haven't shown up is that in the game where the khaak were everywhere I talked in argon one, then talked in goner temple, then entered the sector that gets attacked by khaak (sorry i'm at work and for some reason the name is slipping my mind).

Progenitor
x3

Post by Progenitor » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 09:16

That is not the case for me. The Khaak started appearing for me after I have received the video message from Bann, which has happened about 2 games day after the second missions for me. My combat rating at hte time was privateer btw - for killing one pirate. Has anyone tried NOT going for the second missions yet?

I think the trigger is a combinations of your rating, your fund, and whether you have gone into the third missions or not, unfortunely I can't remember those information.

bobioman
x3

Post by bobioman » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 09:23

hmm, interesting.....see...I haven't recieved the message about the khaak yet i believe, i'll check when i get home, but i'm saying it's not that you DO the third mission, it's that you do the things for it.....talk to argon one and the goner temple, which i never did.

Progenitor
x3

Post by Progenitor » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 09:40

Nope! Haven't done any of that...I was minding my own business in Boron space. I have even resist talking to Argon One until today.

sook
x3

Post by sook » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 10:08

i talked to ban in argon one about two days ago... all up i've been playing for a week and have yet to be attacked by pirates or the khakk. my trading status is industrial and my combat status is 0% as my motto is 'make money, not war'. once i become filthy filthy rich (pirates and/or khakk allowing), i shall bring peace and prosperity to the x-universe with my iron fist.... um, that's the plan anyway...

bobioman
x3

Post by bobioman » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 11:22

wow...that is weird.....must be totally random then?....hmmm, And I was all excited too. :oops: :lol:

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 13:46

Not random. As discussed in another thread, it's about your combat rating, amongst other things.
Spoiler
Show
If you trade, build and fight, the Khaak will come. If you remain at Harmless (0%) you clearly aren't doing all of these things. The Khaak don't come until you do.

So, make money, not war, and the universe will work with you.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

akeizm
x2

Post by akeizm » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 13:58

Brianetta wrote:Not random. As discussed in another thread, it's about your combat rating, amongst other things.
Spoiler
Show
If you trade, build and fight, the Khaak will come. If you remain at Harmless (0%) you clearly aren't doing all of these things. The Khaak don't come until you do.

So, make money, not war, and the universe will work with you.
hmmmm, I havn't attacked anything yet and just traded but I still get the khaak attacking, not focusing on me. But still attacking

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 14:02

How far down the plot are you?

KaiserSoze666

Post by KaiserSoze666 » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 14:14

im sure i was only just passed the second mission when i ran into the cack, and i hadn't killed a thing by then. and by the time i started the third mission they were all over the place. i did however have quite a lot of money / trading experience, so that may have come into play.

they haven't really bothered me yet, but its putting me off building a factory if they are going to come up and blow it to pieces in a matter of minutes. exactly how aggresive are they in the argon sectors? and are any particular serctors / factions not particularly affected? im looking to build a solar plant but i don't want to invest when it could go up in smoke so easily.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 14:16

That's it.
Spoiler
Show
If you spoke to Ban Danna, and he told you who your father was, then the Khaak will come, ready or not.

k0nnj

sooo

Post by k0nnj » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 15:21

Explain this then brian...
I didnt kill a single ship, i do the second mission, (take some cash)
buy a Solar power plant.... then i buy 1 more...
and then a wheat factory, i have 8 expresses and a small fighter...
now tell me.... WHY WHY WHY do they have to attack me then?
and it dosnt seem to matter what sector im in...
If im in The Hole... or Ore belt.... no matter where, they come for ME....
and if i go to ore belt right now (having base in the hole)
There aint a single khaak there, but.... if i load from a ore belt base, they are all over the ore belt and red light, but not in the hole.... EXPLAIN THAT!!!! :P

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 15:27

I can't explain that. I do know that I've never fired a shot at anybody, and that after many days (game time) there are no Khaak and the pirates ignore me.

I do know that if I attack anybody, then within an hour I get a message from a certain somebody about a certain sector, with a news report, and several of my freighters get killed. If I don't, I don't.

poiu768

Post by poiu768 » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 17:29

Well, my rating is still at harmless, but I've started the third mission, and have found that once I get within 1 sector of Brennan's Triumph, I get that incoming message that the Khaak have attacked. As long as I stay away from those surrounding sectors, no Khaak.

Krunch-X

Post by Krunch-X » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 18:25

I've met several kaakies, and turned around and departed the area each time ;) My rating is harmless (I'm not a good entrepeneur and it's taking me a while to make some credits for some hardware).

They are in President's End, probably will be for some time ... but whilst exploring the outer rim sectors, I've been through the odd sector where they've been present. I think they just visit a sector, beat some ships up and then leave as later visits to the sectors have yielded them absent.

I've also been party to witnessing them arrive in the sector map :)

Run Forest Run !

Pumpkin10
x3

Post by Pumpkin10 » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 20:22

"as my motto is 'make money, not war'"

Bah, Ferengi rule aquisition 31 "War is good for business" suites me better.

Has anoyone been able to capture some khaak ships? I really hope its possible to capture one, that would be so cool!

Remco

Post by Remco » Thu, 4. Dec 03, 20:23

I found some strange "bug?". I have a solar power plant in Red Light and have a mercury assigned to it to sell the energy cells. It went to sell at best price in the sector Ringo Moon, but once it arrived in that sector I let it return to SELL WARE at my OWN solar station in Red Light. I choose Crystals (It didn't even have any crystals onboard ?!?!) and it went back to my station. I saw my crystal supply drop from 172 to 0 (when my mercury docked) and then back to 172 and got a huge amount of money (209 or 299k). I was able to reproduce this with my savegame. Going to try out if this is reproducable whenever I want. Anyone who has an explanation for this ?

JonCairo
x2

Khaak's only start attacking once you leave presidents end

Post by JonCairo » Sat, 18. Sep 04, 15:55

Khaak's only start attacking once you leave presidents end 4 the 1st time. after that you recieve the message from ban danna

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”