Can any TP fit a jumpdrive???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

devils-advocate

Can any TP fit a jumpdrive???

Post by devils-advocate » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 23:30

Hey,

I keep seeing offers for tours of the universe in which i can gain over 100k per sector visited in 40mizuras (how long is a mizura btw?). Anyways i thought all these offers were too good to pass up, and so invested in an argon express, however when i took it to the goner temple i realised it would fit a jumpdrive. The jumpdrive is key as i dont wish to fly it about really, only for these missions, and so the jump drive is needed to jump it to where the offer is, the i get in it and accept.

So, are there any TP's which can fit a jumpdrive?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 23:32

any TP with M or bigger cargo space can, but i wouldn't use a jumpdrive.

if you do on those missions, u lose about 90% of the money.
if you want the moeny, u have to fly urself

devils-advocate

Post by devils-advocate » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 23:34

nah, i mean i just want the jumpdrive to get the ship to me in the first place, rather than having to wait for it to cross the universe first.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 23:34

I believe the passenger for those missions are size M or L as well.

The hauler varients can carrier up to L cargo (I know the paranid and teladi ones have them, the split doesn't and I'm not sure about argon and boron).
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

fiksal
x4

Re: Can any TP fit a jumpdrive???

Post by fiksal » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 05:06

devils-advocate wrote: (how long is a mizura btw?)
I read that it's like this

1 Sezura = 1 second., 1 Mizura = 1 minute, 1 Stazura = 1 hour, 1 Tazura = 24 hours, 1 Mazura = 1 month, 1 Jazura = 1 year
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Carl Sumner
x4

Re: Can any TP fit a jumpdrive???

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 05:28

fiksal wrote:
devils-advocate wrote: (how long is a mizura btw?)
I read that it's like this

1 Sezura = 1 second., 1 Mizura = 1 minute, 1 Stazura = 1 hour, 1 Tazura = 24 hours, 1 Mazura = 1 month, 1 Jazura = 1 year
There was a different conversion in earlier games, but it was too hard to use. So they are just seconds and minutes now. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 07:34

Actually they never used the "official" conversion figures--the games have always had direct relation between seconds and sezuras.

Anyway, the standard TP only carries S class cargo and can't fit a jumpdrive. The Hauler and Vanguard variants allow L class cargo and thus jumpdrives, so you need to find one of those if you want a jump-capable TP.

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 18:23

Boron Manta Hauler from Ocean of Fantasy and Depth of Silence (120 m/s - 2x25MJ - 1150 cargo L type)

Paranid Hermes from Paranid Prime (105 m/s - 3x25MJ - 1000 Cergo L type)

Paranid Hermes Hauler from Trinity Sanctum (115.5 m/s - 3x25MJ - 1150 Cargo L type)

devils-advocate

Post by devils-advocate » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 19:42

cheers,

i bought the manta hauler, and kitted it out with a jumpdrive.

however it wont let me do the missions even when im in my TP, it just says i dotn have sufficent rank, come back when i have a few hairs on my chest.... My trade rank is economist, and fight rank warrior, whats going on?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”