ATTENTION!!! MY SPY DRONE IS MAJORLY PANTS!!! X3 QUESTION (",)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

riodawg101
x3

ATTENTION!!! MY SPY DRONE IS MAJORLY PANTS!!! X3 QUESTION (",)

Post by riodawg101 » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 14:37

I JUST CANNOT BLOODY DO THIS MISSION!!!!!
Its the Ocracokes SpyDrone mission (honest, am not a noob or a newbie or whatever but hear me out).
Spoiler
Show
FIRSTLY: At the very start, I fly into the little cavern. There are TWO sensor things. One top, One bottom. I can avoid the beams easily but there is NO TUNNEL. I have checked all the walkthrus and so forth but no joy. Where do i need to go at the VERY start??
SECONDLY: The room is very dark (as in pitch black). I can only see the sensor pod things and the beams. I cannot see any tunnel. In fact I cannot see anything!! Have tuned and tweaked the graphics but no joy as to seeing anything. This just me or is this unversal to all people?
THIRDLY: If the species in X3 are so clever, why dont they affix TORCHES to there drones? Or an ice cream maker? Or somekind or small scout weasel?? Anyway, am "droning" on.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by riodawg101 on Thu, 20. Jul 06, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 14:44

First off. Use some spoilers please. If possible edit your post to include them.

Secondly
Spoiler
Show
The mission is quite tricky, but it's all a matter of timing. Rather then rush it, you need to sit and watch each set of lasers for a while, till you find their pattern of movement. Once you work that out you can move past them.

Patience is very much the key, as is, in spite of what you might think, going slowly as you move past the lasers. Moving fast will kill you, you have a very limited ability to survive collisions with the asteroid wall.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

riodawg101
x3

Post by riodawg101 » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 14:50

Thanks for the info BUT:-
Spoiler
Show
I worked out how to bypass the lasers and can quite happily scoot about the first little cavern, but I cannot find where the tunnel is to the next bit of where ever in the first bit. The room itself is pitch black, literally cannot see a thing, let alone a tunnel. Can only see sensor pods and sensor beams. Where is the tunnel? why is this room so dark?
Why is there not a parafin lamp I can light to help?

Help me obi wan kenobi, you have the only smoke!!![/spoiler]

kirky365
x3tc

Post by kirky365 » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 14:51

you could try turning up the gamma setting in the ingame graphics options menu. Don't turn it up too much or you'll mess up the graphics.
lolwut

graham_hawkins
x3tc

Post by graham_hawkins » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 15:04

riodawg101 wrote:Thanks for the info BUT:-
Spoiler
Show
I worked out how to bypass the lasers and can quite happily scoot about the first little cavern, but I cannot find where the tunnel is to the next bit of where ever in the first bit. The room itself is pitch black, literally cannot see a thing, let alone a tunnel. Can only see sensor pods and sensor beams. Where is the tunnel? why is this room so dark?
Why is there not a parafin lamp I can light to help?

Help me obi wan kenobi, you have the only smoke!!![/spoiler]
Spoiler
Show
There is one part of the labyrinth where you have to go through a circular hatch with a metal surround just below/above/next to (depending on which way up you are...) a laser/sensor. If you have reached a dead end in a rock tunnel just beyond a laser emplacement, look at the laser and you should find the hatch nearby.

riodawg101
x3

Post by riodawg101 » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 15:24

Ok, am going to explain my problem in depth and detail lol.
Ocracokes Spy Drone mission.
Spoiler
Show
1) Saya releases a spydrone, you fly spydrone.
2) You reach the FIRST room you come to. There are 2 sensor pods. Both either side of you or one above and below you (depending on how you navigated).
3) You are now inside the FIRST cavern.
4) Where is the tunnel or passageway that will lead you into another room or where-ever you need to go?
5) I have used monitors, I have fully explored this room to death and am now losing faith. I have tinkered with the gamma settings but the shed no light into the literally pitch black room!!!
Sad to say this but step by step instructions would be awesome lol. I have 34 stations (14 of which produce Hi Tech goods at low low prices so come on in), 50mill in the bank (give or take), 14 UTs, a half decent fleet (4 M2's or something like that and half a dozen corvettes all kitted out), and now cannot pilot a stoopid drone in a stoopid asteroids coz the stoopid pirates are stoopid. If I ever do this mission, I will make it my personal quest to destroy ALL pirates, their families, and turn the ships into baked bean cans and sell them to the paranid for diddly squat!!!!
Spoiler
Show

Aramaye

Post by Aramaye » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 15:46

are you running the latest patch?
Exiles and Driving EPs available on iTunes Now!

http://www.peoplearethings.com

http://www.soundcloud.com/peoplearethings

riodawg101
x3

Post by riodawg101 » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 15:47

Yep, is fully updated

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 16:00

It has been a while since I done this mission. I agree if it is pitch black except for the lasers you need to turn up your gamma or screen brightness or both. I could clearly make out the floors and walls when I flew thru. I believe you bear to the right as you pass the first two sensors (but I may be confusing it for later in the mission).

The big thing is it should NOT be pitch black.
Last edited by Black Gryphon on Thu, 20. Jul 06, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 16:02

I don't understand why it is pitch black in the cave. The exit IIRC is to the left at the back of the cave. Nobody else has complained of this problem.

Before entering the first cavern you should be able to see the exit thru the sensor beams. It most definitely should be clearly visible.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

riodawg101
x3

Post by riodawg101 » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 16:09

Oh dear lol.
Best now I try on a mates comp i think. If it works, guess i am gonna have to fork out again for another graphic card/monitor.

Ta for all the help guys :P

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 18:11

I'd try some less extreme things before you spend money on new hardware like trying different graphics card driver versions.

It does sound like a bug if gamma isn't affecting it. You should have no problems with visibility on that mission.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 20. Jul 06, 18:23

I understand your frustration mate but id keep your posts calmer than they are, this is mearly the first of 3 difficult missions so if your like that now your heads going to explode before you get to the last one :lol:

PS this may help.

Plot guide.
http://www.respawn.co.uk/content/view/337/70/

Or for the more common issues players face on that mission, try this.
Spoiler
Show
when you reach the dead end, turn back look at where the trap beams are coming from.
Giskard[/spoiler]
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 21. Jul 06, 09:56

Spoiler
Show
It wasn't that dark for me, I could clearly see the tunnel, which is straight pass the sensor
Maybe you could post up your save game for someone else to try?

Anavrinman
x3

Post by Anavrinman » Tue, 18. Dec 07, 05:06

I'm having the same issue - everything is pitch black.

I can make out the sensor pods and sensor beams, but otherwise, there is not floor/ceiling/etc - just black.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”