[SCRIPT/IDEAS] ID Scrambler: Nearly finished, need ideas...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

voxol
x3

[SCRIPT/IDEAS] ID Scrambler: Nearly finished, need ideas...

Post by voxol » Mon, 31. Jul 06, 11:03

I've just finished my first script from scratch. Thanks to everyone who has answered my many questions.

ID Scrambler:

New software available from Pirate Stations everywhere. Once installed, a new command in the Piracy menu appears. If you choose one of your ships in a sector owned by a specific race (other than pirate and yaki) and activate it, your notoriety will no longer be affected by any actions you take with any of your ships against that races ships or statons.

However, there is a catch. The ships owned by that race will instantly class any of your ships in the broadcaster's sector as a threat. Outside of that sector the freind/foe status remains unchanged.

Also, if the broadcasting ship moves from one sector to another, the ships in the previous sector are reset back to their original freind/foe status, and the ships in the new sector become foes. If you turn off the ID Scrambler, the notoriety effects are removed straight away, but the ships in the sector will still consider your ships as a foe until the broadcaster leaves.

Whaddya all think?

Any ideas on price, how rare it should be? Also, should there be a constant 'reputation drain' for using it? Should it be just software or a consumable you have to keep buying?

Whats the etiquette for testing/releasing scripts?

Lochen

Post by Lochen » Mon, 31. Jul 06, 11:11

Sounds like a nice script, still havent played long enoug to suggest a price though. Has some intresting options - bring fleet into sector, take out rival station or something, leave with no reputation loss.

I would say release a beta of it and listen to the feedback of people who use it.

voxol
x3

Post by voxol » Mon, 31. Jul 06, 11:28

Lochen wrote:Sounds like a nice script, still havent played long enoug to suggest a price though. Has some intresting options - bring fleet into sector, take out rival station or something, leave with no reputation loss.
Yeah, main idea is, like in real life, you can have a legit front to launder your criminal cash to.

voxol
x3

Post by voxol » Mon, 31. Jul 06, 12:45

OK, nearly ready for beta. One last decision, should, like above, just one race's notoriety become fixed, or all races?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”