Mass Drivers, V1.4, Mission 2, ANGRY!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cadarn
x3

Mass Drivers, V1.4, Mission 2, ANGRY!

Post by Cadarn » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 01:44

Right. I've restarted X3 under patch 1.4 (now 1.4.02) and mission 2 - which was a walk in the park - is now proving to be impossible.

Despite forcing pixel shaders to 1.4, vertex shaders to 1.1 and running low texture quality + no AA + no ansio filtering all on 1024x768 res, I can't seem to hit anything after dispatching the first wave of 3 falcons. (PC spec at bottom of post.)

Simply put, I line up my crosshair with the targeting reticule to lead the target correctly and once the target gets within 1km, my shots which are perfectly lined up with the targets simply don't hit it! Has Ego implemented a minimum range for Mass Drivers?

I don't think that Ive suddenly lost the ability to aim between patches, honestly ;)

Anyone else have this problem and is their a way of *cough* cheating to show this mission as completed so I can continue happily on my way?

Thx in advance. Oh, and this PC has an extra ghz of clock speed and a 6800 rather than a 6600 compared to the PC I was happily completing this mission on!

Base PC:
P4 3ghz
1gb ram (hmmmm)
GeForce 6800 (128mb) with latest drivers
ASROCK board, nice and wizzy
550W PSU

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 04:11

Did you tap 'k' to ensure that auto-aim is on? You shouldn't need to mess with shaders like that on a 6800, it doesn't have performance issues with PS 2.0+ like the FXs did.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 07:51

I found the minimum range in that mission to be more like 500m, and I just switched to a more distant target when that happened (you have to manually click it to target, obviously). Oh, and it's a souped-up PBE, not a mass driver--you can tell because it does shield damage!

unmarkedhelicopter
x3

Post by unmarkedhelicopter » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 09:47

Yeah it's a PBE and the best weapon for the job, you get other weapons to play with e.g. AHEPT's (I think) and something else (don't remember) but they all suck in comparison to the PBE's

It's kinda odd you say you have difficulty cos it's the ONLY mission I think I could do left handed with one eye closed. :wink:

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 09:56

But in that mission the weapon that was originally equipt was a super duper version of PBE (or massdriver) with extended range and power, it was like shooting cryptonite bullet's with minigun against superman.

just hit "k" so you have laser targetign on and DON'T change the weapon.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”