[Script Idea] Interstellar Cartographic Enterprise (ICE)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kylereich
x3

[Script Idea] Interstellar Cartographic Enterprise (ICE)

Post by kylereich » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 02:50

I'm thinking about attempting my first script for the X3 community. If anyone has additional ideas, input, or pointers please don't hesitate to add to the thread.

Synopsis:
The script will make use of Cycrow's Reveal All Sectors script (once I get his permission of course, :P ). Adverts will appear on the BBS to advertise ICE's two services to the player.

Service 1 - One-time galaxy wide map update.

Service 2 - A subscription based service to update the players interstellar maps once every hour.

I'm not sure on pricing yet (any suggestions?), but I am planning on the subscription service being relatively cheap (per hour) when compared to the one-time use service.

That's about it for now. Anyone interested?

- Kyle

coldwynn
x3

Post by coldwynn » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 03:34

Sounds good to me. Being forced to map what should be known sectors doesn't make sense. Imagine if boaters were forced to create their own nav charts.

Unknown sectors shouldn't be included or updated as they are...unknown. It throws a small bone to the explorer types.

Contested sectors, if there are any mods with them, should have a very high price, pirate and Xenon as well, so maybe there should be multiple subscriptions: home sectors (shipyards), developed sectors (EQD, SY), support sectors, pirate sectors, and Xenon sectors.

EsGi
x3

Post by EsGi » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 11:46

There's also another idea to tack onto this. you could create a BBS mission where the cartographer organisation commissions the player to explore an area of the universe, or even the whole universe, to create the map in the first place. Would be a good incentive for player exploration. For example, they would have to discover all the stations etc.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”