[SCRIPT ADVICE] Player Friendly Shipyards: All but finished, need some advice.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

voxol
x3

[SCRIPT ADVICE] Player Friendly Shipyards: All but finished, need some advice.

Post by voxol » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 23:00

Introducing: Player Friendly Shipyards.

I've seen this same idea knocking around in a few posts, but to my knowledge noone has gone ahead and done it, the only comparable scripts I know of are much more convoluted than this idea.

This script adds a new BBS ad. "Sacked shipyard employees seek second chance". If you accept, you 'donate' a sizable sum to these workers who then build a shipyard in the same sector as your ships homebase. This shipyard is always freindly to you and you can buy any ship it stocks.

However, there are no ships in stock when it is first built as the workers need to reverse engineer ships to get the blueprints.

When you send a ship that is not currently stocked to the shipyard, you will get a message. Accepting this message will charge you twice the price of the ship for R&D costs and will destroy the ship. From then on you can buy that ship at the shipyard for standard price.

The main arguement people use against this idea is that it makes it too easy if you can buy any ship. However, consider that to get a shipyard stocking an M1, you got the cost of the shipyard, plus 3x the cost of the M1 (first to buy, then 2x cost for R&D), and even then you still need to buy the M1 from the freindly shipyard. So it doesnt make things so easy...

I've still got some minor testing to do, but I thought I should gauge peoples response to this now.

So, what do you all think? Any ideas? Is there a good reason noone has done this before (or maybe someone has and I just dont know it...)?

Cheers,
Voxol.

JabbatheHutt
x3

Post by JabbatheHutt » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 23:12

Finally someone does it !!!!!!!! :D

can´t wait until it´s ready
What matters is not the size of a warrior in a fight, it is the size of the fight in the warrior - Cartoon Network

voxol
x3

Post by voxol » Thu, 3. Aug 06, 23:32

Anyone any ideas on where the BBS ad should be restricted to? All stations? Pirate stations? Shipyards? More likely at shipyards and rarely at other stations?

EDIT: Also, any ideas on restrictions? E.g. need to be 'Fighter Chief' or higher combat rating, or something.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”